Reviews for The Definition of a Reploid
V01dSw0rd chapter 62 . 7/5
And this was the other piece to working with Megaman Zero for a KH SI story.
I wanted, in part, to take inspiration from the fic Return to Zero.
And smack Ciel over the head with the fact that the sages share the same names as the three Doctors. Albert... Would be one of the first on my watch list.

And... MODEL O...
V01dSw0rd chapter 42 . 6/19
And Iris mentions the perfect point that connect to the idea that X & Zero are Duo & Sunstar. DNA souls Cyber-elves, and even though they 'created' from different sources they are actually one and the same.
Do I have permission to use ideas from this and Burn the Bridge home for a multi-crossover SI story?
V01dSw0rd chapter 21 . 6/12
And Wiel is a 8-bit knock off of Wily! (See what I did there with the pun? 8-bit... LOL)
Stormblade chapter 34 . 8/8/2016
So, Xmuse is into long haired equals? In other words, Zero? Who is the only person to fit those requirements?
Guest chapter 23 . 6/19/2016
Wily is such a tsundere !
Guest chapter 3 . 6/19/2016
Hm, what a very interesting story !
Heika chapter 1 . 6/1/2016
I have to point out that your assumptions on the top lack quite a bit of common sense. If you have an energy crisis, the primary starting point is to cut costs, reduce energy expenditure. Reploids need a constant amount of energy just to live so the logical thing would be to remove the expenditure. the two ways to do this is to either destroy them reducing there costs to zero or to shut them down. which still takes some energy and if you do not reactivate them later means you wasted energy for no reason, and if you are unsure how long the crisis will last, then you have no reason to believe that that will not be the end result. So save yourself some time and money and kill them from the start. Rationing has existed long before you were born and all of my grandparents lived through WW2. It isn't meant to be comfortable. This is merely a more extreme form because Reploids by default have greater costs. Welcome to the world of gray shades. Reality is not Black and White. Interesting fic though.
ArtificialRangerLiuria chapter 9 . 10/21/2015
Alright, since I reviewed you last, I sort of realized that much of the issue of your writing going ovr my head wasn't exactly your fault. You're just smarter than me, or at least a hell of a lot more literate.

Anyway, I have a question. Is all that stuff Levi is flipping out about in regards to Harpuia something that we should already know? You love to play around with reverse dramatic irony and have characters talk all about things that no one will outright say for another ten chapters. So was there some big revelation in those few paragraphs that I simply missed, or are you just purposely making the secret all the more tantalizing by torturing us with the fact that we don't know? What could possibly be so bad about Harpuia deciding to switch pronouns?

This is another thing your writing does: it makes the reader feel like they're missing something obvious, like they're the only one who's out of the loop, because most of the time we are. Your characters will talk circles around things without coming out and directly saying them, so we're left feeling like we accidentally skimmed over something important. When no, you really just did it on purpose. Which isn't bad by any means, it's just a little infuriating. But hey, the point is to get us to keep reading, and you certainly take care of that.
Yikari chapter 62 . 4/12/2015
This story was mighty fine read! Much kudos!

I've had some trouble with keeping up with all the characters and the stuff they were saying and doing, but I've still enjoyed it immensely regardless.

More importantly, this story had increased my interest in a number of characters I wasn't a particular fan of previously. (Not Wily; the man was always awesome, even if not in the positively swagger manner you've depicted him in here.) Ciel, for example, has come across as a much more engaging person than a gloved-hands-wringing quest giver with progressively more kicked-puppy look in her portrait with each installment she appears in the actual MMZ games.

And Leo. Can't forget Leo. 07 T_T
Yikari chapter 56 . 4/12/2015
That phrase about tentacles and Evil Overlord list goes straight into my favourite quote repository. XP
Yikari chapter 32 . 4/11/2015
I believe this is a wonderful chapter. Not to say that any of the others aren't (I am particularly fond of Wily's appearance - or should that be Wilys'?), but this POV is something else.

Quite a bit of some seriously strange logic leaps in there, but that is kind of the point, isn't it?
Yikari chapter 25 . 4/10/2015
In case anyone's still wondering, dragon with wings and three heads (sadly not red) sounds a hella lot like Serpent Gorinich (or however the hell you transliterate that from russian).

Not sure about his origins, but whatever folklore floats around as common knowledge these days usually paints him as kind of lazy and with a huge appetite for meat and alcohol. The second is often jokingly referred to as the reason he can breathe fire. XP
Yikari chapter 1 . 4/9/2015
While the spike crusher cutscene near the beginning of Megaman Zero 1 showcases in a clear and concise manner that there is some hypocrisy and/or politics going on and why Zero would choose to continue working with these new guys that reactivated him without any words (I especially like how they use the instadeath spikes even the newest players have already encountered and became familiar with in the same level to convey the message), it does raise some questions.

I can't remember if there's any explanation for why they don't just... mindwipe any and all dissidents and/or scapegoats. Or, if the system architecture somehow precludes that, just remove the offending AI housing and place a new one inside. I dunno, those are perfectly functioning bodies they could make use of instead of just... junking them. Kind of makes one doubt if there is any actual energy crisis at all.
Kiseichew chapter 58 . 4/22/2014
Ahahaha you made Omega cute. And hilarious. XD

Lovely story :3
Tirfarthuan chapter 62 . 9/7/2013
Truly a wonderful story. I think you've forever altered my views of many of the characters, and beautifully fleshed everything you touched upon. Truly, truly well done.