Reviews for Rebel Like You
XloveXconquersXallX chapter 24 . 6/14/2015
your work is phenomenal. i feel like i'm reading the books. your writing style matches suzanne collins' perfectly- totally dramatic with hints of dry humor as comif relief. this story has become fact for me. there is no other way i can imagine gale and madge. great great job!
armsoftheoceans chapter 24 . 6/8/2015
dude. how have i never read this before. I literally am a weeping mess. this is fantastic and rebellious madge is the best madge and gale ugh gale my sweet boy ugh this is fabulous
TLWtlw chapter 24 . 12/19/2014
This is an amazing story and an amazing series.
DreamShadow22452 chapter 24 . 8/26/2014
I never quite understood what everyone saw in Gadge until I read this amazing fic. Thank you for introducing me to the ship, and keep up the good work!
Live Write Love chapter 24 . 5/28/2014
I read this a couple of eyes ago but had completely forgotten about it! Now I remember how touching and good it was, and I can't wait to read On What Grounds.
Noelle Bronte chapter 24 . 3/2/2014
Great fic, I so love a good Gadge! the characters' reactions are very believable and I thoroughly enjoyed the political aspects which were very accurate, I will read the sequel right away :)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
i love it very much she make other boks
beginners chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
again, i love how to delve into the plot and truly serve it justice. Everything is perfect and meticulously executed.
Annmarie chapter 24 . 9/20/2013
Loved it. Such great insight to gale's and Madge's minds. I'm excited to read the rest. It was very intriguing and well paced. You are a great author and I hope you keep writing!
SakuraJade chapter 24 . 9/2/2013
I was near tears thinking you were going to end this with Madge dying like in the books, so thank GOD you took the high road hahahaha Seriously, I'm so thrilled you are going to continue Madge and Gale's journey yet again in a sequel that will be all new ground given the way things really ended in canon :)

Moving on to this story, wow! This was absolutely phenomenal! I was simply blown away by your account of what Gale and Madge were doing during CF. Once again it was not only interesting but SO believable! Even though you'd said that you were going to make this as canon compliant as possible, meaning they were going to fail, I STILL pulled for their success to stop the reaping and rebel the whole time!

Of course, the best part of the story was watching Gadge slowly develop realistically. I loved the reasons you gave for Gale's animosity towards Madge to fade and be replaced with respect and attraction, all while he tried to fight it for obvious reasons in addition to being confused by those feelings given her status as the Mayor's daughter and his feelings for Katniss. It was all paced so well and written in a way that was just so GALE lol Similarly, I appreciated the way that Madge was able to acknowledge that she'd developed a crush on Gale, but also understood that she couldn't pursue it, again for obvious reasons, the least of which was Gale's interest in Katniss and lack of interest in her. I loved the mature way you had her deal with it. It seemed very in character to me. The whole story you fabricated for Madge was interesting actually. From her spying on the goings on in the Justice building, to possibly being shipped off to her Aunt Perri and Uncle Dusty's as a way to avoid the Capitol taking her as leverage (although I was never sure why her parents didn't think the Capitol would look there), to her even coming up with the plan to try and fake her own death after agreeing to go into the Capitol's infamous training program in an effort to get out of it but keep from endangering her family. I was always eagerly looking forward to what Madge's next move would be and how Gale would feel about it. You didn't disappoint :) Plus, it was great to see both of their POVs this time around too.

And the plan you fabricated for them to stop the reaping and rebel! It's so easy to want to write a story about Gale and Madge working together to try and stop the reaping or to start the rebellion in D12, but it's another thing ENTIRELY to actually explain HOW they are going to go about doing that (and how to get the characters to come up with the plan as well). t was so detailed and made so much sense. I kept thinking "what is she going to have them do to really stand a chance at stopping the reaping and rebelling?" And you certainly showed me! It was so realistic the way they gathered and hid all that food and medicine bit by bit, and I was so glad to see that Madge was a more important player than Gale in a lot of that (especially since he'd get his glory in the actual rebellion). Even better was the fact that despite their plans being doomed to fail from the get-go given what we know about canon, you still made sure it wasn't all for nothing by having that extra food go to use sustaining the D12 residents after the Capitol stopped the trains. I was really happy that all their scheming didn't go to waste.

I also like that you filled in the background on some canon events, i.e. Peeta going to Gale's house to get the picture of Gale he would put in that locket to spur Katniss to get home from the Quell. It was neat to watch you not only supply those scenes, but tie them to events from your story (like how the picture Peeta would end up with was the one Gale took with Posey at the spring blossom festival). I also liked that you made sure to mention that Katniss wasn't exactly privy to all the time Madge and Gale had been spending and gave a good explanation as to WHY. That way it made sense why we never heard of any of this when following Katniss's story the first time around, and therefore could easily still be canon. You really thought of everything!

Most surprisingly of all for me, was your original character Simon, and the lengths to which I began to care about him and his story. His personality was great, and you kept him in character, by which I mean you developed his personality and stuck with it, which is surprisingly difficult it seems (I've read my fair share of fanfics where an original character is constantly changing personalities when it suits the stories needs). It was refreshing. And the way you tied him to the Undersees through Mayor Undersee's rise to his current political office was flawless. I was so disappointed in him when it seemed as though he wasn't going to help Madge because of what transpired between their parents, then so proud of him when he showed up with not only fake id papers for her but for Gale too just in case he'd want to go with (I was so proud of Madge too for not trying to pressure Gale into going with her, that she understood that he could never leave his family). And I was crushed when Gale saw him and he appeared dead :( I was happy Gale didn't see Madge's body at least, but definitely sad that Simon died after trying to help Madge get out.

The last bit covering part of Gale's time with the rebels had my heart aching for him. Gale's moment at the cemetery shed was so bittersweet, the way he thought of Madge and tried to give her credit for all she did for the rebellion and the citizens of District 12. I loved that he took that last box of medicine. It was like he was trying to finish their project for Madge.

And finally, your writing was brilliant as well. It's a style I enjoy very much. You clearly put a LOT of thought into every detail of this story and it shines! It's got to be the best (i.e. most interesting and realistic) Gadge during CF story out there. No doubt about it! I can't wait to read the third piece in this installment and see just how Madge got out of D12, what she did during the war, and how she and Gale reunite. And thanks to your author's note about Madge not being the only one to make it, I'm crossing my fingers that Simon miraculously ended up making it too!

Thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough account of Gale and Madge, (and the relationship that should have been!) during CF!
daytoday53 chapter 24 . 5/20/2013
A great story - with a tragic ending! :(

Moving on to "On What Grounds." :)
MorningxLight chapter 23 . 4/18/2013
Ughh, reading this again because it's so freakin' perffff. Even though I have a million other things I should be doing, I haven't had a healthy dose of Gadge in a while. Also I kinda died there for a while. Anyway, gonna eagerly continue on to On What Grounds. You know how hard it is to find good Gadge fics? Really hard. So glad I stumbled upon this again, it never gets old.
reader1589 chapter 24 . 4/4/2013
Quite possibly my favorite Gale/Madge story and definitely one of the top fan fics I've read. Even if I had never read the book, I would say this is a great story. I've been reading every chance I get. This includes the prequel. Can't wait to read the rest & to check out more of your stories!
fseventh chapter 24 . 3/14/2013
This is such amazing story. I feel like reading companion novel to the main novel. I love how you put everything in canon way yet you add things that make it even more enjoyable. Please write more!
Anna chapter 24 . 1/21/2013
This was such an incredible story. I thought that Madge was such an underutilized character in the books. I adore your version - sneaky, smart and idealistic while still being a bit naive and in over her head. Kudos!