Reviews for Fairy Tales and Brave Vesperia
Poke
poke
Gets stick to poke body
Lumy-san chapter 62 . 11/25/2015
It's been so long! What's happened, Sylph?
Twad chapter 54 . 3/12/2015
So..
I was enjoying it a fair bit until now, but i just don't have the patience to keep going. Here's why i think so:

The god-like fairies are toxic to the story and its getting very frustrating to read. They are basically deus-ex machinas on demand... and yet contribute very little (if anything) positive to the story, the plot and the characters.

They take too much place, have way too much impact and yet are completely disconnected from the rest of the plot as they arent explored nor explained enough for (me) to care about them. The heirloom sub-plot goes nowhere and accomplish little. And the fairies are BORING since they are so blasé and "above" all this, they don't care. They don't matter. Its not fun!

Letha's adventures and all that with the other characters? That's fun.

Letha's attempts at change don't go as planned? Okay. Because fairies muck it up? That's complete BS.

Whenever fairies are involved in any way with the plot it gets frustrating for all the wrong reasons. Its like Ads in a fun movie, but they walk up to you, fart in your face and empty your fridge.

They are like admins or hackers in a game. They're there, but they don'T belong for a good immersive and fun experience. And here the fairies are a bad mix of both.

I had to skip this chapter and the next, and honestly i lost my interest in finishing the rest of it. Too much fairies popping out whenever something more interesting is/should be happening ruined the fun (here, it should have been Letha telling her story as promised, after her success/fail Belius save.. but NOPE! Fairy interruption and derailing the plot because REASONS)

So, thanks for ride. Had a good time for the first 53 chapters, but i'm leaving the story here.
Caboose-TMC chapter 62 . 3/2/2015
It is disappointing to see but it appears that FTaBV is dead. Both the Author's page and the story itself have not been updated in almost two years.

That being said, what is available for all 62 chapters of this proverbial dance of wild cards in an already known story setting, is very well written and complete. None of the parts appeared to be rushed, however there are some parts that feel that they are being dragged out for an unneeded length of time.

Using a previous setting from the Tales of Vesperia game, it's lore and universe, Fairy Tales and Brave Vesperia has managed to incorporate the ability to stay strong to the original while drastically changing key details. It is easy to understand, follow and imagine the present setting it sets to the point where it can be visualized.

Sylph Writer not only took the main story, but also made sure to know the history in it, as made by example the mentioning of the movie "Tales of Vesperia First Strike" which takes place at least 3 years before the setting of the game.

With all of this being said, I will continue to hope that one day the author will return and continue to finish this particular work of art that has begun.
A bladed fan chapter 62 . 12/22/2014
I sincerely hope that this fic hasn't come to a sudden end here...Especially considering the note you have left it on...It taunts me, thinking of what future chapters could be like...
RoseNitemare chapter 62 . 8/6/2014
Oh man, this fic is so good! I really hope you come back and update it. I know it's been over a year, but I saw in your author notes that you'd taken a year break before, so I have faith! :D The omakes were also really fun to read!

Anyway, just wanted to leave a review so that you knew people were still reading your story. Hope to see you come back soon!
Derook chapter 62 . 7/24/2014
Really loving this story so far. Hope you haven't dropped it for good.
Doveflight chapter 53 . 7/11/2014
I've been reading this story from the start, loving the plot and details. Finding this story amazing, yet the first thing that comes to mind to review (I normally don't review till the end) is to say, Witcher is a guy? I thought he was a girl...
Aerhyce chapter 25 . 5/14/2014
"Lala's Lullaby"

Damn nostalgia, I actually cried like a pansy at this scene of D. Gray-Man.
chaosalien chapter 42 . 4/3/2014
XD lol that last comment was me...I forgot to sign in

Anyways :D
Guest chapter 42 . 4/3/2014
*moment of silience for Letha mp3* T,T poor thing don't get a chance to sync! THINK OF THE MEGABITS!
chaosalien chapter 20 . 3/24/2014
Haha I can't believe I forgot about the famous prank! Oh man I hope Rita and Karol team up and get Letha back! I think that would make a great omake (did I spell that right?)

Anyways keep up the work d("d)
chaosalien chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Hello slyph :) I decided to re read FTaBV cuz I miss it... Y u no update? Make me a sad cloud :(...

You heard me right! No one ever suspects the butterfly!
Not complete sure but isn't that a quote from The Simpsons?
CrimsonMagi94 chapter 55 . 3/10/2014
Man, fairies are assholes. Are there any good fairies in your story? Cause right now, they're all assholes.
CrimsonMagi94 chapter 49 . 3/10/2014
Well, that's . . . that's just not expected. I am . . . I really . . .
Okay, that's one side of my psyche after that little bombshell. The other side is going IUYVFUTVGTCKIYUJHGXTYCVKFGULIHGLFAWKYES!
And HOW?!
Eegh . . . emotions.
In other news, this just made my heart all aflutter: "You're one of Brave Vesperia's, and we're not about to let someone take you away from us."