Reviews for Diary of an Ugly Girl
Rose chapter 26 . 10/17/2014
I am so glad that I stumbled upon this story. Your words are so powerful. I wish every kid out there who is bullied would be able to read this story. Maybe to give them hope, or to let them know that they can change it around. On that note, I hope that this story gets published. I would be one of the first to buy it and read it again and again. You said that you might write a sequel, and I hope that you do. Not only for the characters but for us readers too. Thank you so much for writing such an amazing story. I hope that you would never let go of this talent. :)
eviiz chapter 26 . 10/15/2014
You dont have an idea how much I love this story! Like its one of my top 5 favorite fanfics ever.
First, you create a such good Bella, I love that she know that you dont have to change for a boy, that if you want to change its because you want to and make yourself happy, how she doesnt judge, and shes try to be nice to everyone, AND I FUCKING LOVED how you talk like a true feminist, how you said how this gender basis its hurtful for everyone, for woman and man, how you have to respect and tolerate the choices of other people, the way they live and everything, that you dont have to like it, you just have to respect it. How Edward and Emmett are respectful and never said something sexist.
Second, I was never bullied thank God, but when a I was a teenager I just to have a very low self steem, I never felt pretty so, like Bella, use to make people laugh, always making jokes and making fun of myself, for years I never felt happy. Now Im 24 years old, and honestly I fel so good, I feel pretty, awsome, smart, I love myself so much, and its something I did for myself, something that took years but it was so worty.
You should keep writing characters like this, there are some many woman who need to read something like this.
I wish you the best, and apologize for my english! Im mexican so my english is not that good.
See you next time!
Secret Lives chapter 26 . 10/14/2014
I really enjoyed this story. I think this is one the top ten Bellas I read in fanfic. Will come back to read more of your stories.
obsessed414 chapter 26 . 10/13/2014
What an amazing story! Thank you!
Guest chapter 25 . 10/10/2014
Awwww...his parents wanted him to be a doctor! How horrible!
Guest chapter 23 . 10/10/2014
I understand exwards parents are kind of suffocating but geez...are all adopted kids like that? I think they would be grateful...their are so many kids out there that dont get good homes...that are beaten and worse...and hes all upset because they suffocate him...they want him to follow in carlisles footsteps...how horrible.
Guest chapter 18 . 10/9/2014
I hate how bella didnt tell anyone about newton before...a kid that does that shit grows up doing worse shit ans she never told anyone...he could of rapped a bunch of woman later on in life because she didnt open her freakin mouth...it pisses me off.
lemonangeljuice chapter 26 . 9/26/2014
Wow! This story was hard to read, yet so heartfelt that I could not quit. Thank you.
InMahMind chapter 25 . 9/25/2014
It took me a while to get through this fic, but I have to tell you what a wonderful story this is! Thank you!
gingernutter3 chapter 26 . 9/23/2014
The hardest part of being bullied is believing that it's not your fault, this story was so moving and hopefully will inspire people to speak out even if it's only one person.
Thank you for sharing your story.
JessaCloud chapter 26 . 9/21/2014
Beautiful. I really see how she has grown and changed. Yet retaining the core, the true essence, of who she is, which is so important.
I love Bella and Emmett's relationship so much. This has been quite the journey, reading her diary. What a privilege. And something I have truly savored.
Many, many thanks to you.
You know I'm loving Alaska, too...how could I not?! It makes it a little less difficult to say goodbye to this story, since I still have your words to hang on whenever you update that story. ;)
Looking forward to you doing the sequel to this, perhaps when Alaska is complete; pretty please?! xoxo
JessaCloud chapter 25 . 9/21/2014
Ok, so I finally decided I was ready to red the last chapter. I know it's silly to have waited, but I honestly can't tell you how much I have loved this story and I didn't want it to end, so if I never read the last chapters, then in my mind it wouldn't have ended. ;) But I missed finding out what happened to the characters you made me care for so deeply, so here I am.
I am amazed at your skill in telling this story. You know that already, I hope! You're wise beyond your years and I'm just so impressed and thankful for your gift that you chose to share via this story. Your words are incredibly powerful. I have thoroughly enjoyed every chapter and it is obvious how much you poured into this story. I consider it a masterpiece. I really and truly do. You should feel so proud. I've not felt so moved by a story in a very long time, if ever.
This stood out to me in this chapter:
"It's the way we're taught and told to be tolerant but how most authority figures in our lives show none of that attitude. Or if they do, they do it to maintain an image. We're told to be kind but we see negligence everywhere and learn to think it's normal. We're told to stand up for others but nobody does because everyone's so fucking scared of becoming an outcast. We're told to be so many things and we have so few who set that example. And the problem is not that people don't know that bullying is bad, it's that people start to find excuses. They're scared shitless of standing up for someone, and they become bullies to avoid becoming the bullied. Attacking others to avoid being attacked. It's shitty and it needs changing."
So true. It's so true. Wow.
Not only have you dealt with some important, heavy and serious issues, but it's all been tempered with levity such that it is an extremely well rounded story that has it all. I mean, that's so rare. This is on my very short list of all-time favorite stories, you have to know that!
I could go on and on (as you know haha), but I think I've said enough.
Oh, I would absolutely LOVE a sequel. I would absolutely be thrilled to follow these characters a little farther into the future. It would be a treat. Thank you for being willing to share such an incredible story. I won't ever forget this one. xo
FluffyLiz chapter 26 . 9/21/2014
Wonderful story, beautifully written, despite the syntax errors, which I assume are due to the fact that English may not be your first language. If that is, indeed the case, your writing is all the more extraordinary for that, especially taking into consideration your extreme youth, and how old you were when you started this fic. It's just a pity that it can't be read by every bullied child and teenager - and, more importantly, by every person who is or has ever been a bully. Well done, and I do hope you continue writing.
ani93ta chapter 26 . 9/18/2014
I've spent an entire week reading your story and I think is the most funny/honest/romantic/awesome story I've ever read... And I've read a lot. Thank you thank you and a massive thank you for sharing this with us, it's been amazing :)
Luvntwilight chapter 2 . 9/17/2014