Reviews for Diary of an Ugly Girl
NKubie chapter 7 . 8/23
I think that discussion with Edward and Bella really needed to happen. And I really really like how the chapter ended.

NKubie chapter 6 . 8/23
Take THAT, Mikehole! I was so proud of Bella for standing up to him and even happier that Edward played along. They really are great together. I just hope her worries about his potential popularity are unfounded. *crossingfingers*

NKubie chapter 4 . 8/23
Oops. I forgot to review here. This was a very cute and sweet chapter turned sour by that a-hole principal. :( I'm glad I was able to hit "Next" right away. :)

I'm wondering, did KStew cut her hair around the time that you wrote this? I'm guessing she hadn't yet, looking at the time you started this, but I'm not sure.

NKubie chapter 5 . 8/22
This could have been so much worse. And it turns out Emmett reall stand up guy. Who knew?

I also love that Edward is willing to play along worn Bella to help get save face too. But I already knew he'd be a good guy.

And I think I really will like Peter Gallaghe. Why does Bella use his last name all the time?

Nam
NKubie chapter 3 . 8/22
I may have to find that Bryson book and give it a read. It's some of the most entertaining ways to explain science that I've seen since Mythbusters. :)

Also, these are some of the most awkward conversations that I've seen family members have, but I think that's how you intended it, right? Nice job!

I haven't decided if I really like Emmett or want to punch him. Probably both.

NKubie chapter 2 . 8/22
Anyone that references Eddie Izzard ihas excellent taste, as far as I'm concerned. He's awesome!

My heart broke a little for Bella several times in this chapter, so I hope in time she'll get her happy life and be loved. Of course I hope it's with Edward. That's a given. :)

Thank you for sharing your talent!
NKubie chapter 1 . 8/22
This was rec'd to me by Laura a/k/a kikki7 and had been on my tbr for too long. She insists it's a "must read" and I can see why. I love that you're giving us a very different kind of Bella!

Nataly29 chapter 26 . 8/14
Wow! After read the final chapter I am speechless!
This a beautiful and heartbreaking story! Thank you so much for sharing :)
Peelmeagrapenyc chapter 26 . 8/10
Amazing and significant story! Thank you for raising awareness and inspiring action.
Cakes18 chapter 8 . 8/7
I can absolutely relate to Bella & Charlie with their "financial struggles", being a child of a single family. This issue with Bella using her savings to help out her father really touched me because I've experienced it myself. Bella is so perfectly flawed, and I love her for that. Keep doing what you're doing, you're extremely talented.

xx
Cakes
MysterySan chapter 26 . 7/26
You, my friend are a talented writer. I can't believe I didn't read it sooner. The way you explained a girl's insecurities through Bella's character was truly amazing. I don't know if you're a man or a woman but I know one thing that only a woman could describe a girl's feelings with such depth. At times I could see myself in Bella's place when she mocked about her looks. It feels like the best defense mechanism and you think that it helps you cope with reality.
After reading this fic I felt a sliver of hope that one day even I might meet a guy who isn't just attracted to a person's appearance. After reading this I might have come to terms with my 'ugly looks' and you know what it makes me tremendously happy. But I want to say something, just because you have a bump on your nose and you have a too big forehead that doesn't mean you are ugly. I don't know why she uses that term because personally I find that term offensive. Who gave us the right to call anyone even ourselves ugly. At least Bella has good, straight teeth that too without braces. I have to live with my weird looking teeth even after having braces and that hurts more because you can't have the best even after working for it. But I'm happy Bella got what she deserved and that she rose above everything even after going through so much. She is an inspiration to all the kids out there who are bullied.
As for Edward, I don't think he is real because a man this nice shouldn't exist. I think he must be a myth or Bella's imaginative friend. Ok, jokes apart he is a phenomenal human being and I think I am in love with him. So If Bella ever decides to ditch him-which seems highly unlikely-I am going after him. I think I stop writing now because you must know by now how much I loved this fanfic.
Thanks for sharing this amazingly beautiful fic with us and making me feel beautiful.
aki93 chapter 26 . 6/25
One of the most inspiring books i've ever read.
You're right. This is the story I would've loved to have read when I was a teenager. Your characters were so beautiful in that they were all flawed and real. I loved the pacing, the length and your story-telling. I wish it was longer so that we could see how they grow and mature especially in college and their early 20s. But in any case, thank you. Your story made me feel so much my heart felt full at times and it was a beautiful experience reading this. It made me want to be something else.
cuteascherries chapter 26 . 5/9
: )
You are an amazing author. Please write books so that I can buy them.
1,633 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »