Reviews for Diary of an Ugly Girl
Alessa315 chapter 26 . 4/19

I read the whole story and here I and to let you know what I think about it :D first of all, you should know that English is not my first language, so if you something odd in my writing is because your story got me so excited that I'm babbling a little.

This story is one of the best stories I've read in my life. Top three, really. I started reading it because it had "Friendship" and I really wanted to read something like that... now I understand that is a very rich and complete story because it has humor, drama, angst, friendship, it has it all! Come on! How did you do that? haha

I don't usually enjoy "dear diary" stories but I decided to take a chance with this one because it had so many dialogues and it was pretty funny. Now I'm really happy that I did because it's amazing. Everything, very single thing, you say about beauty, the inside and the outside, it really touch me and made me think.

I specially support some decision you made about this story. The fact that Bella doesn't go through a "makeover" is something I admire because you didn't take the easy road and you were able to create an alternative to that and do something different but believable. This Edward was really awesome too because is not the typical perfect male character and he's so nice and kind but not perfect at all.

I also appreciate the decision you made about the plot. The whole Mike thing... I NEVER, EVER, expected that. You wrote it so good, just the right amount of drama, the TRUE amount; it felt so real because unfortunately there are people that have gone through this type of situations. The bulling part of the story was great too. I cried so much with Eric's story.

I admire you, I really do, you were kind and faithful with your characters and your plot. Not many people know how to write about death because is a delicate matter. Not many people know how to write about bulling because it can be a very used topic. But you did. You did it in a way that was personal and that I could easily related to it.

What you did with Alice's character truly shows that you know what you're doing because not everything is happy and pink, not everyone understand when they do something wrong and not everyone learn or feel sorry :/ it's sad but, for now, is real. And, as an author too, I respect this decision.

I read the last lines of this story and is a little sad because I love this characters so much that I would love to know more about them, their future, their lives in general. But I understand if you feel that this is truly the end because, after all, is your creation.

THANK YOU, Anton, THANK YOU SO MUCH for writing this, for sharing this. I wish more people in my country could read it because I has such a great meaning. It treats bullying just as it is, not the easiest thing to live or ignore but it shows that you truly can get over it. It shows bullying as it is: something to avoid, something that no one should EVER do.

I really hope you can reply to this review and tell me more about how you created this great piece.

Thank you, Anton, and Congratulations... you were magnificent :')

Greetings from Venezuela.
ohsugarhoney chapter 26 . 4/7
enamoramiento chapter 8 . 3/31
This chapter once again proved I'm a shameless angst-hoor... loved it.
enamoramiento chapter 7 . 3/31
Oh God, he's a snuggler. Help.
enamoramiento chapter 6 . 3/31
Match made in heaven 3
enamoramiento chapter 4 . 3/31
Wha... what?!
enamoramiento chapter 3 . 3/31
They are adorkable!
enamoramiento chapter 2 . 3/31
So, Emmett is perceptive, huh?
enamoramiento chapter 1 . 3/31
Love her.
twerd4ever chapter 26 . 3/30
I can't even begin to describe just how deeply your story impacted me. I read it all in one day, and I am emotionally spent from it. In the best way possible. I began this story wishing I could have Bella as my best friend and wishing guys like Edward actually existed. After being struck by many memorable lines and statements by you and your characters, I realize just how alike Bella and I are. I realize just how much your words have helped me because they have hit so close to home. So thank you so much for sharing them. This story is beautiful, and it deserves to be loved and celebrated.
twerd4ever chapter 1 . 3/30
I've only just begun reading this, and I definitely plan to continue (because it's awesome). But I just had to say I freaked out because I have found someone else who refers to a thesaurus as a synonym dictionary. Day made for me ) Can't wait to continue reading.
PLV chapter 1 . 3/29
Your story was really heart wrenching but a damn good one nonetheless. I admire your courage to not only write it but to share it with us readers. I don't think I have adequate words to express how I feel at the moment. I'm glad the story was complete as it was easier for me to read. If you decide to write a sequel? Great. If not that's ok as well.
Thanks for sharing your words. )
Talia Lilliana chapter 26 . 3/28
It's a great story, thank you for writing it. I wish it had been finished a few years ago and I could have read it then. It would have helped a lot I think.
You have great talent and although your plot could have filled several books, it's okay that everything happened to the same characters in a short amount of time. Because such is life. Sometimes things happen all at once.
I'm used to hear much more about other characters, descriptions, opinions and judgement. I never realized how much judging happens in other stories. While I miss the information about other people around Bella (the Drama club, how often does she speak with Rosalie?, her relationship with her friends, do they meet after school sometimes, Jasper is gay?...), I appreciate that you didn't. Because it's a diary (and I don't know how to feel about Emmett reading it), and we don't know the thoughts of others in real life either. And like Bella said: It's non of her business. And it's non of ours either.
Again: Thank you so much. I appreciate it greatly and I have very rarely written such a long review. Your story has touched moved me a lot. I have a lot to think about now. :)
sohotforwords chapter 26 . 3/10
I cannot put into word how much this story affected me. Although I regard my school years only with positive memories and I've never been bullied or made fun of in a mean way, but this story put many things into perspective for me. It strung many emotions inside - it was a roller-coaster ride. I was surprised (and delighted) how mature and deep this story was, and that is very hard to create. The morality, decision making, thoughtfulness, maturity, positive attitude, love and outlook of the main characters caught me by surprise every time, but made me feel ecstatic and hopeful, that there is hope to lessen the cruelty of our world.
It breaks my heart into thousand peaces that it was based on your own experience and so, YOU AMAZE me how you've overcame the impossible. I'm struggling for words... you're an inspiration, someone to look up to.
I want to compliment your writing style as well, because it was so easy to read, follow the plot and your mind flow.
All in all, THANK YOU! I has been a wonderful and overwhelming journey. I would like to spread it all over the world, because I'm sure, that it would open eyes of the society. I want to believe, that if given into right hands, it would safe lives (that's how powerful it is). 3 3 3
Greetings from Baltic region! :)
kikki7 chapter 25 . 3/3
Wait...Does this mean there will be a sequel? Though I'm not a sequel fan, I really want to see what the future holds for these amazing characters.
1,506 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »