Reviews for Thicker Than Water
Elizabeth Bower chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Depressing, but...very good. I hate writing one-line reviews, so let me think a bit. Ah yes.
I liked the emotions you wrote in, you conveyed a bit of regret and certainly fear, but also a brotherly love that pulled at my own heartstrings, having a little brother myself. I can see myself in this position, unfortunately, though as an older sister I think it's be harder for me. Anyway, excellently written and very well-crafted.
Fanless chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
How on earth did I miss this?

Brilliant expansion. The flashback to the confession (and its conclusion), the ending with him throwing away the knife and file... wow. Consider my mind just a LITTLE blown right now. And Declan breaking into the Carcer chuckle actually made me physically queasy for a moment.

Just... aagh. I have actual respect for Declan now, even though I'm terribly/somewhat inexplicably sad for him, and possibly even a little scared of him.
duchess-susan chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Gods, poor Declan. Being Carcer's brother was never going to be easy but...Well, I'll just say that Carcer's idea of confession has the unusual distinction of being more distressing to the priest than the one confessing. I particularly liked the last few sentences, it made a nice counterpoint to the act of what Carcer evidently construed as fraternal betrayal.

Just one thing-to let you know I think you missed out "call", or some other verb, just after "might" in this sentence: "Mind you, I wouldn't've thought they'd send you, seeing as how you've got what I might a conflict of interest here, haha."