Reviews for Stargate Reopened
ironspike68 chapter 9 . 5/4
Outstanding variation. It’s too bad it’ll likely never be finished, but definitely worth a “follow”, JIC.

Spike
Need more of story
Amargi'sNodachi chapter 9 . 3/30
AMAZING
StrainAsylum chapter 5 . 3/18
I wish, oh so much, that we, as humans, would be wise enough and compassionate enough to steer this course. Not only offering, wholeheartedly, to succor a world of people facing death, but to be wise enough to ask ONLY to be TAUGHT as much and as fast as we are able to learn and no more.
StrainAsylum chapter 4 . 3/18
I LOVE your vision of the Abydonian SGC! And the elevator for the Stargate itself; that person DESERVES that sensibly named Nobel Prize-! The whole thing sounds brilliant! Really fast elevator, too. If it's a long walk across, maybe the moving walkways that airports have?

Also brilliant to consider the financial aspects: the patents, new resources, etc. That's something the series never took into consideration. Further, with the combined military branches, it's easier to disguise funding use, etc. Love the mention of Strom Thurmond; I'd forgotten all about him and the other bean counters.

I know they haven't run into these dangers, yet, but I wonder if the drop into the bottom slot precaution would protect against radiation increases, such as Anubis tried? Or black hole gravity dangers?

Oh - "Doppler shift," not "Doppler's Shift," but you probably knew that. NM.
StrainAsylum chapter 3 . 3/18
"Physicians" would be easier than "Medical doctors," I'd think, but /shrug

They also need to have baseline CT scans, EEGs, EKGs and should have baseline checks for mammogram & prostate information, maybe even sperm / ova samples, so that it can be seen if there are dangers associated with those systems.

Really glad that you covered the potential "virgin field" epidemic scenario, on both sides.

I hope they are equally careful with STD precautions and very DEFINITELY cover issues of sexual assault, potentials for gender-based cultural miscommunication/misunderstanding, whatever.

I suspect there will be massive greenhouses set up for cultivation, as well as all sorts of water reclamation research. Very cool.
StrainAsylum chapter 2 . 3/18
Well done. It's much more sensible to have an off-world SGC; that would vastly reduce the problem of a foothold, biological, radiation or other incident endangering Earth. With the high UV radiation on Abydos, as well as the distances between populations, there should be less danger of some types of contamination. In addition, there would be areas for quarantine/research of flora, fauna, etc. as well as room for a potential refugee area, rather than have all that on Earth.
... you updated this finally. I've been waiting years
jch529 chapter 9 . 3/10
As much as Left Turn tickles my fancy, this story really gets me going.
Hoping for more
Robert and 42 chapter 8 . 3/1
loving the story
Robert and 42 chapter 7 . 2/28
weakness with that is the enemy could turn off their engines intentionally or not during battle and the minuteman would misssimilarly if a ship was still a minuteman may miss unless the enemy ship starts moving.
Robert and 42 chapter 7 . 2/27
I don't think in canon they perceive the transit through the wormholethat view is just for the audience.
Robert and 42 chapter 4 . 2/27
third the way through but they should be able to explore much quicker from Abydos, like 7 new planets a week or even 15, 20, 30. Abydos DHD accounts for Doppler effect just fine. Just need to calculate for earth to dial, and eventually carter should make that quicker either with crystal computing or copying code (locations, coordinates) from DHD for addresses all at once.

this is a good enough fic I'll read it even if this becomes a plot hole
finstupido chapter 1 . 2/25
i really like this and hope for more in the near future