Reviews for Coming Back Late
SpencerDorman chapter 7 . 2/10
You know, when Hermione asked Teddy “Who taught you how to use your metamorph powers to evade Veritaserum?”, he could have truthfully answered “My Guardian Angel”, “a friend”, or anything else equally truthful yet vague. He wouldn’t have had to oust Harry’s name until she changed her question from “Who...” to “What is the name of the person who...”. Yeah, the same effect would have eventually been achieved, but it’s just something I thought of.
Find a dying wizard, (kingsley) let him beat you in a deul. Guard him 'till he passes away a week-month later. Elder wand problem solved... Also, what does he actually have to fear? The wand plus his own skill make him unbeatable, he can make his own food if he likes and is litterally undetectable while he sleeps, plus he can cast any number of spells to defend himself passively. Not to mention 99% of everyone loves him so there would be very few people out to kill him, who among those would actually be competent enough to do so? Does anyone even know he actually possess the elder wand? Anyway, He is probably better off than your average witch or wizard in terms of safety. I also don't see why he'd have to keep his existence from his friends, whom be trusted everything to previously, even Harry should know that his friends would miss him and can keep a secret.
Th resurrection stone is the ultimate detective tool. You could use it to solve almost any murder... Or extract info from someone who is already dead...
There is a lot of stuff in a traditional wedding vow that neither Hermione or Ronald are doing, (loving and cherishing, what have you) A bit of a fallacy but I understand you want to make it "moral" for Harry and Hermione to hook up yet still have that sense of drama/conflict resolution.
Cyvasse chapter 22 . 12/23/2017
Done with this after Hermione failed to realize that of course an irrational, emotional Ginny would betray her. Plus, that ancient camera was able to take pictures in an area with little to no light?
Cyvasse chapter 7 . 12/19/2017
Good story so far, though I can't say I agree with you making it so "Death's cloak" only works when the other hallows are present. I mean the wand and stone worked fine without each other, and the third brother evaded Death all those years because of a cloak that wasn't at half power.
Asha47110 chapter 45 . 11/25/2017
Thank you for your very well thought out story. I've enjoyed it immensely and am sad to see it unfinished. It's among the top Harry Potter mystery fanfictions I've read, so thank you for sharing!
lazy-kaa chapter 45 . 9/21/2017
That is really interesting, dynamic storry. Somewhat a bit deficit of magic doing, but it is all compensated by detective line. I also like that Harry is not sort of MS. He is strong, but not overpowered. Please, please, continue
HarmoniousConvergence chapter 45 . 9/7/2017
First, there's a lot of creativity here. I'm actually not really interested in an update: actually, the ending already seems to go on far too long (for my tastes) after we've already exhausted the original premise and have the Orpheus-like return. I disagree with some other recent reviews about the characterization of Hermione: given what she's been through, her "hardened" personality makes a lot of sense, combined with excessive brilliance. I absolutely love most of the references and allusions that are peppered in.

Given the central romance element, though, there's a lot of annoying issues there. The biggest one is the fanfic trope of wizard marriage laws being especially binding (which has no canon basis, and JKR has mentioned divorce, though perhaps not before this fic was written). The issue here, though, has to do with execution, not merely with the presence of such constraints. There's a big deal made out of the Church of England vows being used, but they aren't just about sexual fidelity - there's a LOT more stuff in there about love, honor, protect, cherish, better/worse, etc., etc. Ron most certainly violated a LOT of those in this story, so why is the sexual aspect the ONLY one that seems to be covered by magic? (Also, to be perfectly frank, there's nothing explicit about sexual vows in that service - only "forsaking all others," which is pretty vague to create magical constraints on.)

A few things in this romance also seem to have pacing issues. It seems rather convenient that H/Hr finally spend a night together in bed (why exactly is non-sexual cuddling a violation of marriage vows again?) only to go through the whole death sequence immediately after. Most angsty cuddling for a few nights might have been fun. But then there's the whole Hermione's embarrassed that she's an old hag, which drives her away from Harry for quite a while even though they both just CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD, only to be uttered once to Harry, and then melt immediately because of a kiss from a gemstone that was created before his rejuvenation. Then suddenly in an instant she almost literally turns into a "cougar." Either she's got major self-esteem issues that are strong enough to keep her from immediately running to Harry the moment she comes back from the dead (and they're going to last for some time), or she gets to be just a little shy at first until Harry convinces her it doesn't matter. The way it plays out seems weird and artificial (and that's not the only "mood swing" we get from Hermione, though most of the others make a little more sense given her depression at the outset).

Still, a lot of good stuff here.
ArtimuosJackson chapter 19 . 8/4/2017
Why does Molly died? I mean when Harry sacrificed himself he created the same magical protection to everyone in Hogwarts just like his mother did it for him
George1892 chapter 5 . 7/11/2017
Murder Must Advertise is my favourite Sayers. Awesome idea for Hermione to be reading it. :-)
George1892 chapter 4 . 7/11/2017
Lol. The Saint reference really made my day! Thanks.
mdauben chapter 45 . 7/11/2017
This is my first review, as I just discovered your wonderful story and have bee breading it straight through. You've incorporated some really interesting and original idea I this story and your writing is very good, too. I notice it's been years since your last update, though, which is quite sad. This story is so good it would be a crime not to finish it, so despite the long hiatus I do hope you will eventually return to writing.
Guest chapter 45 . 6/13/2017
Argh! I've been waiting this whole story to hear how Teddy can be Remus's son if "werewolves can't have children"! Tonks wasn't the type to stray. Plus you've given hints that Teddy is sensitive to smells like Remus was.

Please update! (Even though it's been 4 years...)
BrilliantLady chapter 4 . 6/11/2017
Oh, delightful! I never considered that Draco would've ended up in Azkaban if not for Harry's intervention, but it makes perfect sense! Headcanon accepted.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/5/2017
The story is okay-ish written, but the content is blatant boring.
1,470 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »