Reviews for Coming Back Late
lazy-kaa chapter 45 . 9/21
That is really interesting, dynamic storry. Somewhat a bit deficit of magic doing, but it is all compensated by detective line. I also like that Harry is not sort of MS. He is strong, but not overpowered. Please, please, continue
HarmoniousConvergence chapter 45 . 9/7
First, there's a lot of creativity here. I'm actually not really interested in an update: actually, the ending already seems to go on far too long (for my tastes) after we've already exhausted the original premise and have the Orpheus-like return. I disagree with some other recent reviews about the characterization of Hermione: given what she's been through, her "hardened" personality makes a lot of sense, combined with excessive brilliance. I absolutely love most of the references and allusions that are peppered in.

Given the central romance element, though, there's a lot of annoying issues there. The biggest one is the fanfic trope of wizard marriage laws being especially binding (which has no canon basis, and JKR has mentioned divorce, though perhaps not before this fic was written). The issue here, though, has to do with execution, not merely with the presence of such constraints. There's a big deal made out of the Church of England vows being used, but they aren't just about sexual fidelity - there's a LOT more stuff in there about love, honor, protect, cherish, better/worse, etc., etc. Ron most certainly violated a LOT of those in this story, so why is the sexual aspect the ONLY one that seems to be covered by magic? (Also, to be perfectly frank, there's nothing explicit about sexual vows in that service - only "forsaking all others," which is pretty vague to create magical constraints on.)

A few things in this romance also seem to have pacing issues. It seems rather convenient that H/Hr finally spend a night together in bed (why exactly is non-sexual cuddling a violation of marriage vows again?) only to go through the whole death sequence immediately after. Most angsty cuddling for a few nights might have been fun. But then there's the whole Hermione's embarrassed that she's an old hag, which drives her away from Harry for quite a while even though they both just CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD, only to be uttered once to Harry, and then melt immediately because of a kiss from a gemstone that was created before his rejuvenation. Then suddenly in an instant she almost literally turns into a "cougar." Either she's got major self-esteem issues that are strong enough to keep her from immediately running to Harry the moment she comes back from the dead (and they're going to last for some time), or she gets to be just a little shy at first until Harry convinces her it doesn't matter. The way it plays out seems weird and artificial (and that's not the only "mood swing" we get from Hermione, though most of the others make a little more sense given her depression at the outset).

Still, a lot of good stuff here.
ArtimuosJackson chapter 19 . 8/4
Why does Molly died? I mean when Harry sacrificed himself he created the same magical protection to everyone in Hogwarts just like his mother did it for him
George1892 chapter 5 . 7/11
Murder Must Advertise is my favourite Sayers. Awesome idea for Hermione to be reading it. :-)
George1892 chapter 4 . 7/11
Lol. The Saint reference really made my day! Thanks.
mdauben chapter 45 . 7/11
This is my first review, as I just discovered your wonderful story and have bee breading it straight through. You've incorporated some really interesting and original idea I this story and your writing is very good, too. I notice it's been years since your last update, though, which is quite sad. This story is so good it would be a crime not to finish it, so despite the long hiatus I do hope you will eventually return to writing.
Argh! I've been waiting this whole story to hear how Teddy can be Remus's son if "werewolves can't have children"! Tonks wasn't the type to stray. Plus you've given hints that Teddy is sensitive to smells like Remus was.

Please update! (Even though it's been 4 years...)
BrilliantLady chapter 4 . 6/11
Oh, delightful! I never considered that Draco would've ended up in Azkaban if not for Harry's intervention, but it makes perfect sense! Headcanon accepted.
The story is okay-ish written, but the content is blatant boring.
the hare chapter 17 . 5/16
Ah the story was going well enough till all the character bashing and assassination of the Weasleys here - for once, I would like to see someone write H/Hr without this but alas it seems impossible and I think that says it all. So this is where I check out.
Kakatoes chapter 1 . 5/13
This story is really entertaining, shame it was left unfinished but it is advanced enough to guess how most of the next events would unfold.
magiemae chapter 45 . 5/7
I have been held captive by this story. Your writing leads the minds eye to the actual places and events. Keep up the good work.
CoquetteKitten chapter 1 . 4/27
That clang sound you just heard wherever you are was my jaw hitting the ground in California. Oh, and the "Whaaaaaaaaat?!" was also me. Im going to go work on more words now.
How exciting!
Loved it! You could even have ended it as an one-shot, it was good enough on its own!
1,464 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »