Reviews for The Scout and the Crab
Detoreik chapter 1 . 5/11
Just a wild guess on my part but : This fic is dead right?

Aw maaan Thats SUCH a shame! I remember reading this like years back and it's still as nicely written as i remember and maaan the character development is gold...! And I also remember that this used to be one of the only good written Spy/Scout fic on !

The Nostalgia man! Glad I rememberd this little Fic today, but a bit sad it wasn't finished, oh well you can't have everything in life I guess! Hope the Author is doing well!
YumYum chapter 36 . 5/4
Oh god I want more! This is just so amazing!
WELL SHIT. HE AINT COMING BACK.
SlapMyHand chapter 36 . 3/14
These chapters are really good I hope this one chapter isn't the end.
I love this story it's pretty sad that you stopped
Guest chapter 26 . 12/30/2016
Will this ever receive another update? :(
Anon chapter 36 . 11/4/2016
Found at sunset and read to sunrise. Oh that pink sky, what a disappointing shade! Why did it have to end there? :(
Tia chapter 36 . 7/12/2016
And just when it was getting good, we ran out of chapters! (ಥ_ಥ) Please continue this story, I NEEEED to see the end!
Lingering Omen chapter 36 . 7/8/2016
This is getting really good! I saw that this was last updated in 2014, I hope there'll be more! Great job! :D
Crystal25152 chapter 36 . 6/26/2016
So, this fic, one of the greatest TF2 ones, hasn't been updated in two years?
I am so sad.
It's so good.
Amazing.
Nealapee22 chapter 36 . 2/22/2016
This will continue wont it? Oh goodness its 5 on a school night but its so good!
MR.E chapter 36 . 2/9/2016
awesome story cannot wait for the next chapter
10.99 CAD chapter 36 . 1/25/2016
defined my 2013 tbh too bad it hasnt updated in a year
finnly chapter 36 . 11/24/2015
I just wanted to say that i love your story! I hope it continues!
veagleeyev chapter 1 . 9/4/2015
Tense. You need to work on keeping in tense. "Had make" instead of "had made?" Nope.
Similarly, you can't say things like, say, for example: "He rolls and then jumped." It's gotta stay in one tense. I mean, there's perfect past and perfect present and what not, and that's fine. Just use the proper auxiliary verb.
But if you're going for proper grammar, you can't just switch to present tense when writing in the past. Present tense is a bit more complex and is harder to be consistent with, I'm told, so maybe that's why people prefer past. I digress.
But if you're writing in past, you may get confused and put -es on a verb instead of -ed, thinking, "Well, it's happening now."
You'd still put -ed. You would still have was instead of is, for when in past, it still means something is happening at that moment.

Ex: He ran. He was running.

It doesn't mean he was running earlier. If that were the case, you'd say, "He had been running." Basically, present becomes past, and past becomes perfect, and future is still future, but has "would" instead of "will". Likewise, the hypothetical tense (ex: He wondered if she were... If were to exercise, he wouldn't be fat.)

At one point, you put this:

Even though he was standing right there in the open on top of the covered bridge.

That doesn't words as a sentence alone. Why? Look at the first two words it contains. It's a dependent clause. It needs the independent clause, the part that can be a complete sentence, to exist. It was part of the last sentence. You could have said, "Even though he was standing right there in the open on top of the covered bridge, [independent clause]."

You also had a participle phrase as a complete sentence. A participle comes in two forms: past and present. However, in this explanation, the past participle is irrelevant. The present participle typically ends in -ing. Remember in second grade when you'd say, "Johnny was running," and Misses Sue told you that "running" was the verb? Well, instead of explaining a whole buncha stuff that wouldn't be relevant until you were a big boy, she lied. The verb in that sentence was "was".

Now we have these -ing words that combine with "be", but they also can form adjectives, and, like gerunds, nouns. (A gerund is an -ing word that functions as a noun.) I'm going to outline the participle phrase in brackets for each of these examples.

"Heavy spammed Engi[, demanding a Dispenser]."

"[Demanding a Dispenser,] Heavy spammed Engi."

As a parenthetical phrase: "Heavy[, demanding a Dispenser,] spammed Engineer."

Notice how such phrases don't form complete sentences? Why? A sentence requires two things: a subject and a predicate. But there are a tonna technicalities to that, so let's go with a subject and a verb, 'cause those are needed too.

There is no subject in a lone participle phrase. A subject is what the sentence is about. "The sickly man died." If you want to be a perfectionist, the complete subject is the sickly man. But the noun which the verb is tied to is man, so for simplicity's sake, let's focus on that. Subject: man. Verb: died.

"The man was sick, dying." The verb here is was, but it still needs "sick". If you asked me where he was, and I responded, "He is," you'd just look at me like I was an idiot. So yeah, "was sick". It's a verb phrase. Dying is not the verb. Now that I look at it, it's an adjective. I could put "dying" in front of "man." I dunno if it works that way every time, but I just noticed it here.

Yeah, I'm nitpicking. I mean, not to the degree of seeing a movie based on a favorite book, but . This was fun to read. So far though, I like the summary best, 'cause, well, let's be honest—it was a fantastic summary.