Reviews for I Was Wondering, Why Do You Like Me?
TheMJKnight chapter 2 . 10/17/2014
Awwwwwwwwwwww. That is so precious
TheMJKnight chapter 4 . 10/7/2014
Your Owen & Abby stories are just amazing. I like that they have a happy ending and not a tragic as I've read in some.

Wonder what Abby would make of Knight Rider 2008 (aka Knight Rider SG) and the current superhero flicks like Iron Man?

Keep up the good work. It's writers like you that have inspired me to write again after 5 years.

NJHarris chapter 4 . 1/30/2014
Owens grin pretty much sums up my face throughout the whole chapter!
22 years of happiness. That's why these two are perfect for each other, their love is just too strong.
Absolutely loved reading this story! These two really are two of my favourite ever characters, so I can't resist reading your own interpretation of their future after the train ride.
A wonderful story with two wonderful characters! Loved it!
NJHarris chapter 3 . 1/30/2014
Finding out about Abby's past helps to break down the walls to her past she keeps shrouded in mystery. Though her past has never been something she wishes to remember, Owen doesn't judge her for what she's had to endure. He knows her past is full of horrors, and so doesn't want her to have to divulge those she doesn't want to recount. But finding out her family show his keen interest in who she is, and how in actuality he doesn't know that much about her. This shows Abby's great trust she has for him, and knowing that he's the one person she can talk to about who she is. It also shows how much Owen craves to know more about the love of his life. It will take time for Abby to be willing to reveal some of the darker pieces of her past, but right now just knowing a little more about her will be enough to satisfy his curiosity.
I can imagine that Abby has met some incredibly sadistic people throughout her years, especially some "Caretakers". So for her to feel comfortable with her body around Owen, as Owen now does around her too, it shows just how close they've become. That they're no longer the two lonely neighbours they were in the beginning. Abby feels incredibly comfortable around Owen that she's prepared to take the next step in their relationship, something I can't imagine was ever possible with another person. The bond they already share will just continue to grow as time goes on.
I love the fact that they watch 'Return of the Jedi', and once again you make a fantastic connection between Abby and Owen's story to that of Luke and Vader's. That both heroes were able to something deep inside that no one else could. That even a 'monster' can have 'good' manifested inside them. No matter deep the hero may have to dig, they won't stop till they find it.
Another fantastic chapter!
NJHarris chapter 2 . 1/30/2014
What they have at the ranch, is truly something neither if them thought possible. I love that both of them were able to find hope in how they live now. That Abby finally feels alive, if that's even possible, or even the right word for it. What I find with Abby's condition is that she's not so much the "undead vampire" seen in a lot of classic and modern film and literature. But that its more a virus that just takes over the mind and body. That keeps her in a state where her body is unable to change, because the "monster" inside her has been able to take control. But now with Owen, all that has changed.
Owen has become her salvation. He's taken her out of the horrors of her past. Where she's had to commit incredibly violent acts just to survive. Without Owen her future would have continued on that same path.
Her past is certainly something that has haunted her and will continue to from time to time. The people who "took care of her" may have done it out of sympathy, or for their own disturbing pleasure. Now however, she's being taken care of because of love.
As she put it "I think you saved my soul." That's proof enough of just how strong the bond between Abby and Owen is.
Such a fantastic chapter! Absolutely loving this story!
NJHarris chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Even though he may see Abby as his only family now, it's good to see that he does have some family willing to take them in. What's even better, is their secret is safe with his grandfather. That neither Owen or Abby have to worry about someone coming to get them.
Keeping up with his school work is great for Owen, especially considering his age. Being able to study at home will keep him occupied as the sun sits too high in the sky for Abby. But once the sun sets. Owen is truly happy.
Seeing their relationship like a fairy tale, in this case "Sleeping Beauty", I find to be a great comparison! Not just of Owen entering her room while she sleeps, but at how unreal it all may seem. That Owen has finally found someone that means more to him than anything. That while living in fear of his daily torment from Kenny, one person was all it took for Owen to change his life forever.
Owen gave up everything to be with Abby. That is Owens expression of how much love he holds for her. That he's willing to do whatever it takes to keep her safe. To do whatever it takes to be with her. Because without her, there's nothing for him. Being without her, life would lose all its meaning.
What Abby got, was the undying love of a young boy who will do anything for her. Who showed her that, even with her vampiric condition, she could love again. That deep down she was able to feel the love for another that she may have never thought possible anymore. Without Owen, she would never be able to feel this way. That overwhelming feeling of love for him is what makes her existence worth living.
Not only did Abby save Owen that night, but he saved her too. That's what makes them such wonderful characters.
Loved reading this! Cannot wait to read on!
KrRcksMySx chapter 4 . 10/16/2013
This was pretty funny :) But I liked how you described their long relationship, it's cute. I also liked the part about Owen waiting for the movies Abby wanted to see be rented first so he didn't have to watch them lol Such a guy thing to do...
KrRcksMySx chapter 3 . 10/16/2013
This was sweet, kind of weird thinking about 13 year olds having sex, but Abby isn't really 12/13... IDK. It's nice that they feel comfortable around each other, and view it as more like making love than just getting it on lol.
KrRcksMySx chapter 2 . 10/15/2013
Don't think I didn't catch your Hank reference in there with the natural gas... lol.

But this chapter was cute, some fluffy heartfelt moments between the two of them... But in all honesty I don't think I'll ever be able to stop seeing their relationship as one where Abby used Owen and groomed him to be her new handler. It's just how I saw the film, you know? Like how she noticed he was alone and shy and lonely so she knew she could latch on to it...

But those are just my opinions, no better or worse than yours lol. I still liked the chapter though :)
KrRcksMySx chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
This is cute! I like the interaction between Owen and his grandfather, it's nice his grandfather loves him so much lol and that he's helping Abby by getting her blood from the butcher shop!
ilovetoph4eva chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Another great chapter. I really like the way you wrote the characters here because it is nice and easy to picture them doing and thinking everything you wrote.

Enjoyment: 10/10

Thank you for writing such good fanfiction for what seemingly has such a small fanbase. Sooner or later I myself am going to get round to writing some for this as well.

Thanks again.
Simple-reader'96 chapter 4 . 6/8/2012
Another great story. It was nice seeing Owens point of view of his relationship with abby in chapter 1. If I have one small (teeny tiny, almost negligable) problem with how Abby can drink animal blood (blood bank I can understand), to me it's a little too close to twilight, but if that's what it takes to keep Abby happy, i'm fine with it.

Anywho, good story all round, the Tom Cruise part was a nice touch, showing how the world is changing around them, yet they remain mostly the same. On a personal note, I actually LIKE Tom Cruise as an actor in the movies i've seen him in. Damm it, i'm rambling again... This was meant to be a 2/3 sentance review.

SR.
splitice chapter 4 . 5/4/2012
simple and enjoyable.
JMCracer chapter 2 . 3/30/2012
I almost forgot about that. Nice chapter
VivianVolkoff chapter 4 . 8/26/2011
You have a really special talent for bringing up some of the best real-life references to movies, celebrities, and historical events. And you apply them so skillfully that they don't seem out of place at all. You do it especially well in this particular fic.

Of course the continuous growth of Abby's, Owens, and Oscars relationship also makes your stories just so memorable.