Reviews for Diving
I first read this story 5 years ago and it still remains one of my favorite Harry/Fleur fics. Your characterization of the characters is refreshing and original. I hope one day you will continue the story and look forward to reading your words in the future.
proton104 chapter 16 . 7/17
Please continue the story.
Stormwing3670 chapter 4 . 1/30
I like the way you make the characters interact with eachother. I also would like to see other characters POV, maybe Ginny, Neville or Ron next?
ApparentIce chapter 16 . 3/25/2016
Love your writing style...the conversations between Fleur and Harry are fun!...hope that you someday continue with this great story...
Guest chapter 16 . 2/21/2016
cool characters. could you please continue this story? we rarely see such good chemistry between them. a very enjoyable read.
MostWantedN7 chapter 16 . 2/14/2016
I've had this story in my favorites for quite some time. Something compelled me to check the favorites list and then I reread it today. This is a good story with its own pace, the characters are superb. I like it because your Harry isn't a brooding fourteen year old kid, and Fleur isn't a cold seventeen year old(well at least once you get to know her). I truly wish to see a new chapter, this story deserves it. Hopefully you'll be able to give us something soon.
soccerlover74 chapter 16 . 12/17/2015
I really enjoyed read your story, hope you continue writing.
DukeBrymin chapter 15 . 12/8/2015
I'be been very much enjoying this-the writing is very well done and your characterization is wonderful. I will say, however, that I think your Harry is really about 16 or 17, rather than 14. Which isn't really a problem.
Any chance of the story's being finished?
Western-Otaku chapter 16 . 11/27/2015
Despite the majority of this story only focusing at Harry and the Yule Ball, I find myself enjoying this story a lot :)

I really like your version of Harry who isn't spineless, nor is he at the opposite extreme of the spectrum - arrogance. Your Harry seems (to me at least) to be safely somewhere in the middle of the spectrum (maybe closer to confident, but with a sense of humility so he is down to earth).

Then there is the slow relationship between Fleur and Harry. I think you mentioned earlier on that this kind of romance should be done slowly and patiently, and I agree. I dislike the fics where Harry 'gets the girl' within the first 5 or so chapters of the story... it ruins the pacing. Then again, at the same time I dislike it if the main couple of the story don't even meet and start forming some kind of relationship (even if it starts off as friendship) until well after halfway through the story. I like how you've done the pacing of the relationship between Fleur and Harry.

Then there is also the way I admire how Harry interacts with others. He obviously wants to help people, but at the same time he isn't naive or stupid. He also has better emotional control, he isn't throwing over-the-top tantrums just because something happened that he didn't like; he kept his cool while going about getting retribution... or did what he saw he needed to do.

Overall, despite it's short length at the moment and how not much as actually happened yet in the story, I still really enjoyed this and I really want to see what will happen next... sadly, we are almost hitting the mark of 4 years without this story being updated... hope this story will be updated in the future... otherwise it'd be such a shame...
Wahida chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
I do hope this is continued. Its very well written, and has beautiful characterizations. I love the Harry in this story, and the detailed insight into his interactions with others.
TheWolfAngel chapter 16 . 9/8/2015
"Nice shoes"
I didn't know whether to laugh out loud or aww like crazy when he said this! This fanfiction is so good!
DukeBrymin chapter 16 . 6/7/2015
Very enjoyable. I' drove to see this continued.
Dalero chapter 16 . 4/3/2015
Not sure if this story is abandoned or not but my compliments for the story. The sign of good writing is that you always want to know what's next; what's in the characters future and Harry' final comment on shoes is a WONDERFUL way to end a chapter but not the entire story! Here's hoping you return so Harry' relationships with Fleur, Padma and Hermione can be further explored. Cheers,
Okiro Benihime chapter 16 . 2/13/2015
God this fic is leaving me melancholic, such great characterizations, and for it to end here? I actually feel for the characters and want desperately for Harry and Fleur to get together. That scene with Hermione was simply beautiful and your portrayal of Fleur's relationship with her sister, it was so real, speaking as a big brother myself that shit hit hard. I'll be waiting with bated breath for an update at some point in the future.
Goggles chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
This was very interesting to read. Harry and Fleur's personalities seemed so different to canon or even fanon standard. The words you used to describe Fleur were especially telling. She apologised, was shy, guilty, ashamed, defensive and admiring/flattering. She 'almost fell', only for Harry to catch her, like the usual romantic cliche transported 100 feet into the air. She was reserved, unsure, demure, self-concious, whereas besides a few thoughts like 'don't be silly, she wouldn't blush for you', Harry was confident and (supposed to be) charming - and several times spoke quite patronisingly to her.

It was interesting. Unusual. My first and persistent thought was that the author must be male, with this story reflecting the view of ideal/norm romance from a male perspective, but since you mention this being a rewrite of a conversation by another author - perhaps the difference is rooted in theirs? I checked out of curiosity and there were some similarities - Fleur a bit useless/Harry a bit confident - but the differences were interesting too.

Anyhoo. Interesting. ;) Cheers.