Reviews for Of Snow and Coffee and Hermes Scarves
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Good story. I wasn't sure what Dave was up to, taking Kurt to his house instead of Kurt's, but it seemed to turn out well as the boys got to talk a bit and come to an understanding. I loved all Kurt's thoughts about the frostbite ( I can't rock the one-legged look...none of my cute jeans would fit right) and his epitaph (He was an ice queen right to the end) - so funny and so very *Kurt*. And his reaction to finding the scarf under Dave's pillow, his thoughts, also seemed very realistic and in-character. I did spot that line about the stepdad, and it makes me wonder if that's the source (or part of it) for Dave's homophobia. Hoping to learn more in your next story. :)
GhostProfile chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
Adorable! :D You really have a firm grasp of what the characters are like; I enjoyed it very much. Please write more Kurtofsky! Maybe a sequel to this fic? ;) Totally epic.
Aetheriata chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
Hm... I'd have liked a cocoa with this...

I'd like to read more of this :)
LiveLoveRead chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
This story is really great D .. . but ... in reading through it so far ... it (at least it's beginning) causes me to pause and wonder ... WHY do the fanfic writers on this board ALWAYS seem to make Azimio out to be 'the big bad violent homophobe guy' in their writings?

Ryan Murphy has NEVER portrayed Azimio as being any more homophobic or violent than Dave or Finn or anyone else on the show - YET - it seems on this board almost every writer wants to make Azimio out to be this horrific violent, ignorant, ghetto, homophobe AND 'the drive' behind all the homophobia and possible violence in the school.

That's unfair and does NOT fall into anything related to how Ryan Murphy has presented this character.

If anything Glee shows Azimio to be 'a follower' NOT 'the lead troublemaker' .

(If you notice – Azimio only seems to slushy and name call the ‘loser’ kids when Dave is around … a clear indication that Azimio just wants to fit-in with Dave and the other more ‘popular’ kids).

Also - I have both lived in and visited small towns in Ohio - and trust me - if Azimio were one of the few black kids at an all-white/nearly all-white school - there is NO WAY he would be the trouble-maker with anyone (let alone the leader of homophobic and violent acts).

And - most of the black people that I had met while in Ohio were about the most open-minded and accepting people anyone could ever encounter - (especially the black people who found themselves being among the few 'minorities' in ANY situation) - and I think this constant false (and violent and bigoted) presentation made of one of them is totally unfair.

If Azimio were TRULY one of the FEW black kids in an all-white / nearly all-white high school in small town Ohio (especially a middle class / upper middle-class one like Ryan Murphy presents McKinley as being) - from what I have seen of small town Ohio - he would NEVER hav even had the opportunity (or incentive) to practice homophobia or any other act singling any 'one' group out.

This is because Azimio would KNOW that IF he did any such thing HE would be THE NEXT person "singled out".

Ryan Murphy makes it abundantly clear that Azimio is NOT a violent person filled with hatred and bigotry - so much as he is simply a big, fat, insecure dork who (in an effort to fit-in among his jock buddies) simply 'follows' the crowd in pulling pranks on (ex. slushying) and even making attempts at hazing ANYONE (no matter if gay or straight) who isn't popular or ‘in with the in crowd’ (like he's so desperately trying to be) - so why the writers on this board seem to want to present this kid as being some sort of "to violent ignorant thuggish ghetto homophobe" is both offensive and confusing.

Again – the black people that I met when I stayed in Ohio (especially the jocks and other popular kids – but even the dorkier ones who just wanted a crowd to it into) were actually some of the most open minded and accepting people that I had ever encountered in my whole life.

Also - if someone like Azimio ever had a problem with Dave being gay - it would (in my humble opinion) more likely be due to Azimio being mad over (for instance) something like Azimio perhaps having felt pressured (by Dave and his popular crowd’) to cut someone out of his won life who he secretly deeply cared about (ex. a cousin, an uncle or even another best friend – and not so much a brother or a boyfriend or anything, as I think it would be silly to have 1 show with more than 1 secretly-gay jock and almost no one would ever consider kicking a sibling out of their life just ‘to fit in with the crowd’) – all due to Azimio’s secret fear of being rejected by ‘the popular kids’ if he had decided to keep this person in his life.

Thanks for listening - and (other than this one annoyance with the presentation of the Azimio character) I think this was a really great story. )
khemicalpink chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
I love this story. It was nice and sweet. I want a part two.
lttlbrat93 chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
i really really liked this sotry i hope beg and pled on my knees for more.
mag721 chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
i really, REALLY liked this story. You did a very good job on it
Chaotic Memory chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
It's just the right amount of angst, tension, awesomeness, etc.

I love your Kurt & Dave so much I want this scene to be in the show. Especially the whole kitchen scene.
Crazy MangaNerd chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
This shouldn't be then end at all it is so good.
CarolinaH.Manning chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
OME, I love this. so much potential. and I like that Dave is not just some brute living with violent father. its a nice change

also, Kurt provoking him? cruel but also awesome. and the scarf thing is ... weirldy endearing
RavenclawGleek chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
I really like this story. Hope you'll add some more chapters!
daisyatomic chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Fantastic, I loved it! The writing was wonderful, and it's a great idea. Sucks it's only a oneshot, but works well as one as well.
Cyranothe2nd chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
This is really good and fluffy but I admit, when Dave was being all weird "I didn't say I would take you home" I paged back up to check the warnings for non-con...O_O
Lynn-at-home chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
This can't be a one-shot!

It's just not allowed. I want to know what happens next!

Please?
Handlebar chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
I don't know how comfortable I am with how fast things changed for Kurt but the reality is that I loved this fic and would love to see it expanded into NC-17 territories. It looks like you could pull it off. Just sayin'.