Reviews for On The Nature Of Republics
partlysunny chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
This was amazing! Very smart and a refreshing break from the rest of the AC drivel I've been reading on this site. I loved it! Thank you!
WamprickNyx chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Oh I love this, I just love this. I especially like Machiavelli taking note of Ezio's "dislike" towards doors :D I loved how the Assassin's Bureaus had their entrances on the roof in the first game as well as looming around the rooftops and doing archers in :D
Poor Niccolo. I'm aware of the historical differences between AC-verse and the real world, and have a special kind of hatred towards the Medici for all they've done to Machiavelli (the torture and the exile being the worst), which is I've never played that Palazzo Medici part in AC2. Anyway, I'm glad someone else shares my love of Machiavelli, and I would love it if the entire fic had turned into an "Introduction to Political Science" seminar, especially because I'm hoping to study Political Science at the university. So here I am, ready to fangirl with you :D
Great work and thanks for sharing!
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Doors are overrated _

anyway, love this fic
FellowNrd chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
I like Machiavelli here. In the games they were a little unfaithful how he would go about liberating Rome. Here it shows his real character.
Koboldlord chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Wow. Great piece! I've always been an admierer of Machiavelli's writtings and general advice. You did a grand job discribing my political hero!

Plus Ezio is always cool, the line, "He did not like doors," made me smile.

Don't stop writting, you have a gift, one of the rare few on fanfiction who do.
daniero chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
This is amazing! I am currently reading The Prince, and I have to say that I love it! Machiavelli is so impressive and I just might have a crush on him as well :P
alexf801 chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Nice to see Machiavelli get a fair shake. He usually gets painted as a villian. Good quotes from The Prince, he was more of a democracy fan anyway.
Firebirdie chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
*fangirls madly* Machiavelli is . . . well, he's awesome. And so is this fic. Nice interplay of allegiances and politics, and you have HISTORICAL NOTES! I do love historical notes.

I must also compliment your writing style. Clean, clear, with an excellent grasp of character and voice.

beeftony chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I don't seem to recall any mention of Machiavelli's exile in Brotherhood (also his arms were still functional so we know the Medici hadn't broken them yet), so this still could have worked if you set it long after the game. Although you'd have to tweak the dialogue a bit... Whatever. It's the Templars' fault! Their history is false, I tell you! Completely fudged out of vindictive spite!

Gotta hand it to Ubisoft, that's a great way to cover any plot holes.

Your writing, as always, is intelligent and witty, and I am in love with Machiavelli's inner monologue regarding Ezio and doors. The funny thing is that Brotherhood features the highest amount of door interaction thus far in the series, so I'm not sure if that holds up anymore...

Keep up the great work. :)
kiera chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Okay, apparently I can't type angle brackets in this comment box, but they were MEANT to be hearts.
kiera chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
As a fellow sufferer of a massive crush on Machiavelli I WILL FANGIRL WITH YOU 333

I seriously jumped out of my seat when he first showed up in AC2. Even the liberties taken with details for game-canon could not dull my glee. I've been thoroughly disappointed by the dearth of Machiavelli-based fic, and was THRILLED to find one so wonderfully written - not to mention one which does such a believable job of reconciling fact and fiction.

Your Machiavelli is exactly how I imagine him, and I try to avoid abusing ASCII hearts but you definitely deserve another one for this fic 3
julia chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
there are too few niccolo stories! very in character, and well-written, thanks for sharing! (liked that little tidbit about Ezio and using the window instead of the door lol)
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Awesome work on this. Nicely done.
coglione chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Ugh, you've made a history major squeal with delight, even though the dates are fudged (not your fault)
J. Tyler chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I find their interaction to be as tense as if they faced each other with blades. Duelling with ideas, that's what's going on here. Ever see an old movie called Seven Days in May, with Burt Lancaster? That's what this reminds me of. Very well done.