Reviews for I speak

Kurzon-Daxtrious0424 chapter 1 . 4/8
strangely i kind of want to hear England speak old english, just as a response to America's language skills :)
RavenWingDark chapter 2 . 10/19/2014
I love this story so much. Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
That ending tho! xD
ThatOneGirlDoodlingInMathClass chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Yesss, America knowing a ton of languages is my EXACT headcannon. But I like the detail you put in about wierd versions of Spanish because of Mexico and Latin America.
...Well, more accurately my headcannon was that all the personified nations can speak any language spoken in their country...
But the official language thing is a good point. I think I'll bring that up next time me and my friend are arguing about whether or not America is practically omnilingual.
Lapis Lazuli Ichigo chapter 2 . 11/19/2011
Ok, I read your author's note, and thought I comment on this: the Monroe Doctrine states "that after this point any more (including extending of existing colonies) colonization was illegal and would be an act of war. So the British and Spain weren't historically laughing their butts off-they were pretty angry-just fyi. You don't have to change the fan fic its fine. Thanks for writing.
Midnight Ghost chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I love multi-lingual Al.
ThreeGoodReasons chapter 2 . 2/16/2011
I take it you're american then, huh? Well, I liked this chapter too, and your grammar is better. Also, the pirates were known as bucaneers.
ThreeGoodReasons chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
What country are you from? I'm from America and some people I know have gone to Europe and been confused about table manners. To think that they think we have bad manners! I like your story and mostly honesty. However, you have long run on sentences. One was even as long as a paragraph!
Alactricity chapter 2 . 2/7/2011
This... Is win.
Renkin-chan chapter 2 . 11/23/2010
This is hilarious! XD
WhiteCrow10 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
This is really cool. I've always liked the idea of America being able to speak in different languages due to the actual country being referred to as a "melting pot". I really love how clever and witty this was. )
Konoe3 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
It's a great story.:D I like it :D

However, in the title,there is error. In italian, I speak is Io parlo, no Lo parlo, LO is something like IT. I in italian is IO :D

But it's a good story :D
nitrolead chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
I gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed this fic. Alfred's depicted as a lovable idiot in Hetalia, ignorant of other cultures and taking time to learn new geography only when at war. However, I've always wondered how the "language issue" would be tackled by fic writers. Because if Alfred is the anthropomorphic representation of the United States, then he ought to know a hell of a lot of languages, and fluently as well, given the length of time immigrants have come to the country since its inception. Learning that someone knows many languages usually means that that person is smart. Considering this is Alfred we're talking about, it'd naturally come as a shock to find out the guy knows, like, a shitload of languages. I didn't expect the lack of an official language in the United States to be the explanatory reason in this fic. I went off on the assumption that it was because of all the immigrants, both past and present.

It was also funny to read that Spain notices the differences in the Spanish that Alfred speaks. I myself sometimes insert a lisp into my Spanish on purpose because I think it silly and highly amusing.

I'm glad I chanced upon this fic. I've been thinking about including the "language issue" into my my own fic as well, but have been unsure about how to go about it. "I Speak" definately helped. Awesome fic!

AllHeroesWearHats chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
This was really good, I've always wondered what languages they spoke other than their own :D

One thing though, English isn't even the official language in the UK. It's just the de facto language XD