Reviews for Broken
Gigira chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
So. True. Obi-Wan summarised. Poor Obi-Wan, I've always loved this character...

When you think of it this way, you realise how wrong the Jedi were... It bothers me a bit, for in the films the true meaning of the Jedi sure feels very different, but at the same time it's extremely realistic - no organisation has no weakness, and sometimes when people are convinced of being in the right they will do absolutely dreadful things. That makes Anakin even more the Chosen One, if his horrible actions, in the end, allowed a healthier Jedi Order, and thus brought balance to the Force... Extremely well written piece, thank you! I'm rushing towards "Immolation now" :)

(By the way, your last lines, so full of hope and so wonderfully written, just made me realise how close Luke's name is to the word "Lux", "light" in Latin... Curious how the mind works, right? )
time2read chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
Wow how can I begin to criticize something so beautiful? It's so much in so little you have a way at subconsciously adding pieces together to create a vivid feeling! Wow Obi Wan had such a screwed up life rejecting things and losing everything he had ever known by his brother that's harsh.
Shelomit chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
This fic does an excellent job of portraying Obi-Wan's unwavering conviction that duty is more important than anything he might want-even when it isn't. The specific incidents you have decided to include are well-chosen and manage to convey considerable understanding of the character despite the concision of the fic. The technical quality is excellent throughout, and ideas flow and connect smoothly from one section to the next. Kudos.
Obiwan456 chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
That was brilliantly heartbreaking. You captured the essence of who Obi-Wan is perfectly.
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Ow. Just...Ow. Obi-Wan is my absolute favorite Star Wars character. You hit him dead on. I swear, number four and five just broke my heart. I love that you acknowledged Obi-Wan's resentment and jealousy toward both Qui-Gon and Anakin. Qui-Gon is frustrating to me at times because he seems distant toward Obi-Wan and how could he just throw aside so many years of apprenticeship? Though, of course, I'm sure Qui-Gon didn't actually mean it personally with the express purpose of hurting Obi-Wan. It was more like Melida/Daan. I think they are exactly the same. Both felt betrayed and equally disbelieving. A very good fic.

I like to think that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan reached a reconciliation concerning Anakin at some point after he became Vader, what with Qui-Gon being able to keep tabs on Obi-Wan's life and career. And if Qui-Gon was the first to bring that consciousness after death to the Jedi, perhaps he did so because of Obi-Wan. But that could be my love for their dynamic as master and apprentice talking.
Victoria Alatamir Wan chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
Amazing. That's all I can say.

V.
DraKarina chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I liked the story very much , the way you describe Obi Wan inner thoughts is accurate to the caracter Id like the same piece from Anakins point of view , if it is not "to much" to ask you
Chickadilly chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I really loved this story & teared up at the end. I think you've captured the character of Obi-Wan very well. I also don't understand how people can hate him.

Thank you for writing this.
Platinum Dragoness chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
That was very nice. Beyond liking the sympathy for Obi-Wan, I liked how well it fit with pieces of canon and how insightfully true it felt. Thank you for sharing.
Ayra Sei Ethari chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Beautiful! I love the way you explain Obi-Wan's thoughts without changing his character in the least; you just explain things within the parameters while applying the personal touch. Lovely, absolutely lovely. . .

And you brought in his mom and brother - another nice touch there! (Even though I must say I still have not forgiven Lucas for giving Obi-Wan such a weird homeworld name. Stewjon vs, like, Naboo or Coruscant? Ugh). But nice touch bringing it in.

Can't wait to read anymore SW fics you write, if this one is any indication of your skill!

Ayra
Kath the Dreamer chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Beautiful! I adore Obi-Wan, and always feel his life was a series of difficult obstacles and attachments. I think this little piece of yours will help people understand Obi-Wan's pains and actions, as it helps us see into his soul. Loved it!
T-man626 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Wow! An incredibly well-written look at Obi-Wan's thoughts through the course of teh first four movies. Fantastic job!
charliebrown1234 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Shy? Me? Never! I don't like it when people hate Obi-Wan's character either, and I especially don't like it when they don't write his character correctly. You did neither! By writing this thoughtful story that explains the terrible life that Obi-Wan lived while remaining the witty bearded Jedi we all love shows you have true dedication and a great understanding of this character. Fantastic Job!