Reviews for Manners
Breathing in Poison chapter 1 . 2/9/2015
Aww, this was so sweet! :) I love Denmark's eccentricness and love for kids-it's just so HIM. And Germany's awkwardness was amazing XD I never thought the two would be good friends 'til now! XD
Though there was one thing that really gave me the angsty feels, and it wasn't the noglastia(is that how you spell it? :P) ;it was the mentions of Prussia that hurt the most.
I grew up in a situation very similar to Prussia's. Thorough not necessarily hated, I was often ignored...or was commented only on my flaws, not my virtues.
The thing that happened with Prussia's potato contest really, really hurt to me. I know EXACTLY how it feels to work super hard on something to try to please somebody only to be ignored...it hurts. It hurts a damn more than it probably should. Prussia is totally within reason to try to fight Denmark. And not because I hate Denmark-I freaking love him, Nordics all the way-but because I did the exact same thing that he did. I got in a fight. The fight itself was kind of fuzzy, but I could remember running up to a group of people I thought were my friends, nearly BURSTING with this new great idea I had for tag and trying to get them to play with me, only to have them say "Oh yeah, that's cool" and completely ignoring me. Not in a deliberate way, but in an almost instinctive manner, like I had ceased to exist.
And when I was finally let back onto the playground, they were playing MY game.
The same feelings go towards the term "constantly flailing brother" that Denmark said so casually, like 'clumsily trying to keep up with everything' described him perfectly. Its not. It hurts to think that all the nations count Prussia as such a failure that even the happiest country in the world would label him as incompetent. I myself am constantly overshadowed by my younger sister, while I struggle to keep up with her.
(I never caught up, either.)
Anyways, long story short, you did a great job with the feels, and I really hope you do a Prussia fic in the near future :)
Breathing in Poison
AemiliaeHistoriam chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Aw that was so cute. I ship this now XD
nantaise chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
I think I was smiling all the way through this...
Pineapplebombgirl chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
I really love this story simply because of the simplicity of the plot as well as the nostalgic feel. It almost makes me want to clean my own house haha! I love the way you portray each of your characters in every story. :) I know it's been about two years since you wrote a story on this account but I hope you continue
Tsubasa chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
I love how fluent your writing style is. This story was really sweet!
ScarfYearRound chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
This was just do demes tic, I love it. Even if their relationship wasn't romantic, I still felt satisfied reading this. This wasn't a pairing I can ever see being romantic, anyways. I'm not going to favourite it though, only because it didn't make my heart clench or make me cry. Not to say it wasn't a flare to read, because really it was wonderful! I feel a review will Sufice. :) good story, makes me sad that you don't really write for hetalia anymore. And you left the store incomplete. Hehe bye!
Daughter of Pluto chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
I can respect this idea. Mostly because I think the idea of Denmark wanting to take care of Germany is cute expecially when you concider how young Germany really is. He didn't become an official nation until 1871, almost a century after America.
Sigart chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Guh, this was so brilliant. I love it. There's not enough Denmark and Germany fics out there. I just have one question! Is it not set to complete because you are/were actually planning to add stuff or is it just an oversight? Because I would really prefer it if you wrote more :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Aaww now this is cute :) germany and denmark do have a good relationship in real life so ive heard.
MelancholyMadness chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I don't think I've ever read a fic with Denmark and Germany, but it was really great. I live the references to Denmark's time with the little Nordics and I really liked how you wrote Germany's awkwardness. The angst hints with Denmark added even more depth and speaking of depth? BOY did this have depth. I didn't really know what I was coming into with this fic, but you completely surpassed my highest expectations. All in all, a SPECTACULAR fic that I will reread a plenty.

-Ash

Ps Loving Denmark's sock choice
iii chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Haha! Lovely. Simply lovely.
Aki no hikari chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
awww, I got all tingly inside, this was so adorable I can't even explain it. Thanks for the enjoyable read.
There Was A Silence chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
That was really, really great. To be honest, I've never really considered that side of Denmark's character before, and even though it's lonely, it fits him in this sweet kinda way. Also never thought of him and Germany being buds before, but the way you writ it, it just WORKS. XD Great story, sweet and funny and a little sad, and I absolutely loved it!

~Silence
Carmen chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
So. I just read this. And well. YOU MUST WRITE MORE WITH THESE TWO. Holy crap. I have a new (and super hard to find) obsession. And your Germany... ah, he's just as off as Denmark but so freakin' adorable. I'm very much in love with this (and your work in general). I hope you'll one day feel the need to do more with these two...
Lunar Iris chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Funny, balanced and you kept both in character; I'm glad I happened up on this fic. I really enjoyed it. They are right: both of them are a bit "off." Reading this was a true pleasure.