Reviews for The Heart Of A Tin Man
Sammyscougar chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Another great read. Thanks for letting us know what goes on in that freaking mind of Sam's...
Soncnica chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
""He sucked life in and spit life out.""

awesome!

"Like those annoying black seeds in a sweet, red hunk of watermelon"

and this totally made me have a flashback to Mulder and how he always ate those what were those, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds 'm not sure.. but I totally had a flashback of him always spitting those shells out!

"Cold as metal. ""

GOOD ONE!

""How would John like him now? ""

heh, a good question... hmm

"He rather think of himself as the Tin Man, who had a heart inside of him all along. He just didn't know what to do with that heart.""

me likes... because he DID show some emotions in some cases.. so...hmmm

uf good fic... good one... I liked this:

""how he was feeling about the fact Dean could take off and leave him - he'd say the feeling he should be having was ethereal. Quaking knees, blood-chillingly spooky.""

maybe it's the whole brother's thing, the whole same blood thing, because I mean, Sam had to KNOW somehow that he can lose Dean, and he was scared of that in some way.. now, maybe he just wanted Dean close just because or maybe he didn't want Dean to leave because after all, Dean is his brother!

hmm... idk, good questions through... great story!

love how you connected Sam to the Tin Man! :)

hugs

S.
carocali chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Really like how you put all this together - using the Wizard of Oz stuff. Nicely done!
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
"He sucked life in and spit life out. Plain and simple. Like those annoying black seeds in a sweet, red hunk of watermelon." - I'm not sure why, I loved that!

"Half-assed Sam..." - Sounds like a description Dean would use.

"...crying in his brother's arms." - WAH! I want to see this!

"He took orders. Without question. He thought of his father. How would John like him now? The perfect solider. A ruthless hunter." - I've often had the same thought...

"Dean obviously missed his Sam." - So sad and sweet.

"Yet, there was an echo of something left inside." - I believe this. Without a doubt.

"What and if. Two separate words that didn't hold much clout. But brought together - they could bring a man crashing to his knees." - Nice...and very true.

"Half-assed Sam surely did not deserve a soul, but Dean surely deserved a brother, and Sam would do anything to help Dean get that brother back." - AW! Sammy!

Loved the Wizard of Oz references throughout - although I doubt Dean would like knowing Sam thought of him as his Dorothy. ;)
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Loved all the wizard of oz references. So consistent and tight and gave the theme of the story that much more umph! Including how it blurred into the song with the little bead of his soul still bouncing around in there being what oz never gave him what he didn't already have.

Exceptional.
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
You write season six Sam so well! I wouldn't even bother to attempt it, i just don't think I could. But I love your insights into him. Awesome :)
jensensgirl3 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Nice one shot hun, you spoke through Sam really well. Cause he knows if he doesn't do anything he'll lose Dean, that is one thing that Sam doesn't want to do is lose his brother's love. I do hope they'll get Sam's soul back to him and soon, knowing Crowley he's going to give them a run around about his soul.
OutTonightAndForever chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
this was a fantastic story! it was a great analogy and i loved the line about john! sorry this isn't a very long review! but this was an awesome story!
zekeschance chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Heartbreaking sad. There are times when you catch a glimpse of the real Sam then it's gone in a flash. I don't know if they want us to see that or if Jared can't hold it back. But I loved your analogy through this whole story. Incredible. Thanks!
mousefiction chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
"He thought a lot about who he used to be. Images of him smiling, joking around with Dean, crying in his brother's arms." Loved that line!

"How would John like him now?" Ah, the irony. I love irony.

I had to look up the song, actually...

I really like the parallel to the Tin Man, makes things seem more hopeful. Although, that movie still creeps me out to this day.

"Two separate words that didn't hold much clout. But brought together - they could bring a man crashing to his knees." Great line!

But, yeah, I enjoyed the fic! Great job!
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
THANK YOU! I like the idea that a teeny little piece of Sam's soul stuck behind, (because that would explain the inconsistencies, if nothing else!)

Favorite line OF COURSE: Images of him...crying in his brother's arms. (I'm a Sam-sap, what can I say?)

I only hope the show deals with this as well as you do.

CB

(ps: Cold as Ice is currently Joshua's favorite song!)
medicgirl chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Wow... That was amazing! I love the look into Sam's mind, and am kinda weak in the knees at the thought that even without a soul, Sam still needs Dean on that deep scary level they have. Excellent story!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Wow, you did great job explaining the Sam we now see in front of us.

So true and so depressing.

It's a great storyline, I just hope that the brothers are reunited before the last episode of the season.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care.
Lucian32 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
awesome!
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Aww this was soo good! I'm worried about Sam, the whole no soul thing is pretty crazy .o Great story love! Wonderful as always! :D