Reviews for Someday You Will Be Loved
cilia-chan chapter 5 . 4/10
I really liked this fic! Will u ever update it?
Twilightlova20 chapter 5 . 10/12/2014
Please continue this story! :)
whyistherenodeletebutton chapter 5 . 2/24/2014
This is such a good story! It's amazing! Please continue it! I think it's really nice to see what happens outside of the scenes on Glee so it's a really original idea :)
rqgenevieve chapter 5 . 12/1/2013
looove it (:
CoolerThanThouArt chapter 5 . 10/27/2013
Coonnttiimnuueeee plleeaassseee! It's so awesome! You have to! Pleeaasreeeeeee!
EnchantingNightmares chapter 5 . 9/17/2013
My vision is blurry. I am crying my eyes out. It's so rare that I find something on this website that makes me so emotional like this. It's a shame that you stopped updating.
Berkwood Court chapter 5 . 6/24/2013
All of the "Grilled Cheesus" parts have reduced me to tears, oh god. I don't usually cry because of stories, so that's really saying something.
With that said, I need you to update, like, yesterday. Okay? Baby Kurt needs to know that everything is going to be okay and that he's going to have a Blaine soon (even if it takes forever for them to get together) and everything is going to be okay. I really want to cuddle him right now, oh god.
This is beautifully written and you've captured the characters perfectly.
So, again, update soon please.
...
...
The... the last time you updated...
The last time you updated was almost two years ago. TWO YEARS.
WHY DID I HAVE TO SCROLL UP JUST NOW.
No. No, you're coming back. You're going to update and everything will be fine.
(I'm in denial.)
Please come back, I'm begging you. You can't leave Kurt like this! D:
Guest chapter 5 . 3/22/2013
awwwwwwwwww... this is adorable... write more... (hyperlink to blaine's puppy dog eyes substitued here)
cyramber chapter 5 . 1/16/2013
Please update soon
peacewithoutawar chapter 5 . 11/26/2012
THIS IS AMAZING.
BUT WHERE IS BLAINE.
I NEED BLAINE.
P
Michele chapter 5 . 11/19/2012
Well, I've read the first 5 chapters & am impressed...does it continue somewhere else? I love how it fills in all the gaps that we can only imagine about from watching the show. Please let me know where I can follow up with this fanfiction. This is all new to me. :D
Guest chapter 4 . 10/18/2012
"Send someone that he can trust and rely on, someone he can talk to so that he doesn't have to carry this burden by himself."
AND THEN BLAINE SHOWED UP OH GOD FEEEELS ASDFGHJKL I AM EMOTIONAL
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
EEEEE AND AT THE END OF THE YEAR KLAINE SAYS THEY LOVE EACH OTHER AND KURT REALIZES HE'S HAD A "PRETTY GOOD YEAR".
ALLL THE FEELS RIGHT NOW.
trufflemores chapter 5 . 10/17/2012
Carole is perfect.

I adore the way you write her. I adore all of your characters, but I absolutely love the way that you've written her here.

Kurt needs her so much in his life, and then she's there and even though it's not perfect, it's like a breath of fresh air for him. Reassurance that he isn't going to drown in all the responsibility and chaos that has been surrounding him for days now. Reassurance that he has a motherly figure in his life to give him what he needs and coddle him a little but not too much and overall make him feel warm and safe and loved. Reassurance that, even if worse comes to worst, everything will be okay, and Kurt will still have a home. Because that's his greatest fear: that he'll be alone. That his dad will die and he won't have anyone there for him, not like Mollie and Burt. His other relatives are clearly too distant to fill that gap, but Carole is different. Carole is warm and motherly and /there/, and that's the quintessential reason that I love her.

She's there for Kurt when no one else is. She looks out for him when no one else really can, and she takes care of him when he won't accept it from anyone else. She loves and dotes on him because he desperately needs affection and warmth in his life even if he doesn't actively seek it out often, and she comforts him because she loves him and he is already like a second son to her. She cares about Burt, of course, but Kurt is her main concern here. She knows that there's nothing that can be done about Burt besides praying that everything turns out all right, but Kurt she can and does actively help, because he's crumpling and needs someone to be there for him.

I just love her. I love the way you write her and how she fits into this seamlessly and everything.

I also love all the little details you incorporated here. Reasons why things happened. Kurt choosing a Beatles song, for instance, that his mother loved in tribute to his father. The explanation for him sitting in the library crying silently with an open book in his hands while Finn sing "Losing My Religion" canonically. The flashbacks during "I Want to Hold Your Hand," and the fact that Finn sang "Losing My Religion" in the choir room without the whole elaborate sequence that Glee has utilized generously in the past. You make all of it more realistic and engaging and captivating, and that is what has made me fall in love with your story.

You're making me fall in love with the second season all over again.

This story is wonderful. I hope someday you will continue it, for I'll gladly be waiting to read any new installments.

Beautifully handled.
trufflemores chapter 4 . 10/17/2012
I /loved/ the conversation between Kurt and Quinn.

On a purely non-religious level, it was beautifully done and so necessary for this story as a whole. Kurt needed that moment because he needed someone to hear him and call him out on his stubbornness in a way that wouldn't cause him to retreat even further into himself. He needed someone that was sympathetic to his cause but not to the point of arrogance, assuming that s/he knew what he was going through. He needed a friend that would look out for him in a way that the others weren't, respecting his choices and acknowledging his pride but also encouraging him to seek out others instead of pushing them aside. And Quinn was perfect for that. Never before has their friendship seemed more natural and pivotal as a whole to Kurt's sanity. He was on the fringe of completely breaking down, in a way, and Quinn gave him that last nudge that finally tipped him over the edge for a very cathartic - and for him, mercifully solo - breakdown. He needed that, and I'm so glad that he finally released all of that pent-up emotion, because he was just falling apart at the seams until then.

The way that Quinn talked about Mercedes was really interesting, too. I've never really investigated Kurtcedes as heavily as Hummelberry, since Kurtcedes vanished off the map inexplicably after season two, but as I've mentioned before I love your headcanons and this one is no less intriguing. It makes so much sense, and it even adds further development to Mercedes' character. She's not perfect, but it's a personality flaw instead of an external influence that drags her down. She sympathizes with people, but she makes that critical error of 'Oh, I understand exactly what you're going through, I went through something just like it.' It's not intentionally cruel or demeaning, but it comes across as diminishing the person's problems, and it's understandable that Quinn was frustrated with her at times. She's well-meaning but misguided in her attempts to help, and it's really clever how you've tied in that whole hospital scene with her. It's not a bad thing, and friends helping out each other when they need each other is important, but she just can't understand Kurt like Quinn can, and that hurts her efforts to help him.

On a religious level, the conversation was even more intriguing. It's unfortunate that so many people leap to the conclusion that as soon as religion is brought up in Kurt's past it means that an author is secretly trying to convert him, when in fact it's simply that: a part of his past. It's completely understandable that he would cast aside religion after his mother's death because of what happened. Still, I really find it interesting that you incorporate it into his past, because it really does explain his vehemency in the episode against religion. There's so personal tie to it somewhere, and if that connection is with Mollie, then it's no surprise that he's so adamantly opposed to believing in a God or higher power of any sort. Religion is a delicate matter for many people, and I've always enjoyed the way that you've handled it in your works. Perhaps it's because I'm a sympathetic spirit, but the way that you write both religious and non-religious characters is captivating. That moment between Kurt and Quinn was beautiful.

I truly tip my hat to you for incorporating it respectfully into your works. So few authors include religion at all, and those that do usually use it as a means for destruction or cruelty. It's refreshing to read from a perspective that doesn't do either, and still retains a sympathetic shoulder for atheists and agnostics. Very, very well done.

I really enjoyed this chapter as a whole, even though it was heartbreaking, because it was so engaging. All the puzzle pieces fit together so much better as I read through this. Kurt calling in a Sikh to perform acupuncture on his father, for instance, while he was Google-searching his father's condition at the garage. I can definitely picture him doing that, and it explains one of Glee's many unexplained occasions. My heart broke for Kurt so much when he was handling the garage work on top of his father's unchanging condition. He's already under so much pressure, and now he has additional responsibilities to take care of. Of course, Jake probably would have understood if he had told him that he really couldn't handle it and they would just have to find an alternate or wait, but the fact that Kurt can't just let it slide and has to try and fix things is heart-wrenching.

Poor bb. Quinn is right: he needs someone.

Wonderful chapter. Really, really lovely.
1,267 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »