Reviews for UnBound
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
You don't just give us lemons here, you give us the whole tree and that year's harvest, in just a couple of mirrors and some rather nice clothing. Well done.
tetleybag chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I so love this fic, for the characters, for the beauty of the writing, and for the sheer joy of looking forward to that date with them.

And your Wilhelmina! All the lovely detail, like the interaction with the mirror (poor dear, unhinged by such an unexpected thing as a smile), the diagnostic monocle, the cravat, and being initiated into butchdom by Matt Longbottom. Then Minerva, in the old, beautiful dress, with a bosom just the right size for everyone concerned, and decadent in just the right places. (And Thea Malkin. It took me a while until I got it completely, but oh, my heart!)

Excellent! And it was such a wonderful surprise to see it come up in the Minerva Fest so unexpectedly.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
More than half the sexy bits are anticipation, and you prove it in this masterful duet. The mirror was a wonderful character, and I continue to be in love with your Minerva and Will. Your interpretations, moreover, have evolved into canon from my point of view as a fanfic writer.

Brava!
Swallow B chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
So that was yours. I was terrible with guessing - didn't recognise anybody's quill. Perhaps because I got too caught up in the stories to wonder about the author.

Oh right, the story. The RealSnape has a good point: it gets better with rereading (no, I don't mean I didn't like it the first time). As I once said, your stories have depth that people don't always get at first reading.

You did an amazing job of pointing out how the details of Minerva's dress, and particularly her hair style and hat (/g/, as you would say) reflect her deep personality. She "keeps herself in bounds", keeps her fear, anger and passion in control. And the "hedge against loss", very good. Inspiring, at this time when I am struggling to write my own Minerva.
slburn chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
So sad and sweet. Would love to see a sequel. Where can one find the LJ community?
the real snape chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
/because that's what happened when you lived alone/ still a favourite. As is the notion of household items talking back.

/dryly and more than once / such a great Minerva cameo.

/no doubt unhinging the poor thing further/ *unhinging*. Such a great description of a mirror in mental turmoil.

/the memory of how Wilhelmina had put in her monocle and frankly stared / hot, indeed. Especially the monocle.

/"you can always improve your shape by using a bit of a 'lift-me-up' charm/ There's so much to be said for being a witch.

/Wilhelmina was a real lady indeed/ So she is. And this is an excellent reason for it. Mind, she can be a real gentleman, too, on occasions.

/satisfy everyone concerned, which was to say, to satisfy Minerva and Wilhelmina./ Only Minerva could add that last bit with such scholarly precision.

/or at least use a lace tucker/No! Plump sisters in lace tuckers have their attractions, I'll not gainsay it. But this is a time for sparse ones with a bit of cleavage.

/you're worried that some former student might realise that the headmistress has tits?"/ 3 3 3

/She couldn't leave the school and still live comfortably with herself, and that was all there was to it./ So perfectly Minerva, and so refreshingly free of Gryffindor Martyrdom.

/"down, girl"/ Great.

/One was supposed to be decadent in bed. / Quite. Very proper thought.

/sometimes such small personal victories were the most one could expect from the world. / Great insight.

/ its bright drape across the dark expanse of the waistcoat would serve to remind Minerva exactly what she could expect to find under the sharply-creased, well-pressed trousers/ And the mirror sensibly remained silent, for it realised that certain remarks are best left unsaid if one doesn't want the curse to come upon oneself.

This story is such an utter delight, and like the bottle of red waiting for Min and Willa, it gets better with age, or, in this case, with re-reading.
JUJUChick16 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Then they get back together, what? You can't leave it hanging like that!
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Ah, a lovely moment. There are those times when dressing is as intimate an act of lovemaking as undressing, when done for the anticipated pleasure of one's beloved.
LinZE chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
This is the lovely little kind of insight into our favourite characters lives that I love to see. Your depiction of the little relational details set against the backdrop of the darker heartrendering reality of the war was wonderful.

xLx
aptasi chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Love it! Your stories have so much wit and also so much feeling. They are amazing.