Reviews for The Game of Life
Newsie4eva chapter 12 . 1/16/2013
:D oh I'm serious this is one the best Racetrack fic I've ever read! Well done, this was amazing. :)
Reny
Maddiecake chapter 12 . 10/14/2006
:D

The ending was great, it made me smile! The character of Vinnie is one I'm really interested in... Dino too.

All your stories are so wonderful, and personally, I think they'd make great movies. (I can imagine the camera angles now... xD)

Well, my praise is over because all the words I have in my vocabulary cannot describe the beauty of this story.

You are an insperation.
Maddiecake chapter 10 . 10/14/2006
This chapter made me so sad... and Vinnie's innocence is just... well, it was beautiful.
Calico chapter 12 . 4/9/2005
This is a very nice story. First and foremost I'm so happy you allowed Jack and Sarah to be together, but you provided some great characterization to Racetrack, and I was really sad when Victoria died, so you did a great job.

On the other hand, the story is rife with typos, poor punctuation, and misspellings. Several instances of using 'loose' when you mean 'lose'. Even though it's an old story, it would be worth going through and punching it up to make the reading smoother.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this and I'm going to check out your other Newsies stories.
shakespearean fool chapter 12 . 7/10/2004
Aaw, I loved this story! Your writing is very to-the-point and your storyline itself is very intriguing! I hope you keep it up! ;)

Shakespearean Fool ;)
Lyz chapter 12 . 12/11/2002
Wow...THAT WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME! I'm trying very hard to find words good enough to describe it, but I can't. It's beyond words...I love it!
baby309blue chapter 12 . 5/10/2002
im confused...

at the end of this story u write "On April 15, 1909, the first copies of The Game of Life, by R. A. Higgins, hit the stands. It was an instant success." does this mean that there was an actual book on this or an actual author, or is it ficiton?
Maggie Davis chapter 12 . 4/14/2002
That was the best story I have ever read! It was soo sad I cried for like an hour when Vicky died. That was soo sad! Great job! Write another! Hey if you ever get the chance I have a two stories out one is about Racetrack. I LOVE RACETRACK AND I LOVE MAX CASELLA! lol!

Maggie Davis
baby309blue chapter 12 . 4/2/2002
thats was good!

but one question?

at the end you say "On April 15, 1909, the first copies of The Game of Life, by R. A. Higgins, hit the stands. It was an instant success"

is this a true book or a true author?

could u please explain that?
Corky Higgins chapter 1 . 3/27/2002
awwwww...i'm gonna cry! my lil racetrack all alone in dat big city! *sniffsniff* I'll take care of him...*smiles happily* good story so far!
SaraBeth chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
Another great story! You really did well with the characterizations and plot, and everything... of course I've already told you all of this. Awesome writing! I know what back on Black means! In fact, I think I was the inventor of the phrase... do I get a cookie? :) hehehe! Keep up the great writing and get in the minivan!

SaraBeth
Rae Kelly chapter 12 . 3/22/2002
WOW...This is one of the best stories that I have ever read.
Kora chapter 12 . 3/22/2002
t.h. rocks. *waves to t.h.* she's a completely awesome writer and i love everything of hers. and you know why else she rocks? b/c she sent me to this story. and now i'm kicking myself for not having noticed it before.

you are amazing. there's nothing more to be said than that. oh, wait, nevermind, there is more that can be said. you're racetrack. or as close to him as anyone can get, aside from maybe max casella and the real racetrack himself. you got yourself inside his head and i seriously swore that it was him talking for this entire story. amazing. breathtaking. phenomanal. i wish that i had noticed this sooner, but in a way i'm lucky that i was sent to this after it was all done, so i wouldn't have to wait for updates.

duude...this was just...duude. i'm off to r/r your next story now. AWESOME! MARSHMALLOWS!
Mush and Skittery and Jacks Girl chapter 12 . 3/21/2002
OMG, you are my hero! This story rocks! Although, I think Race having 50 bucks is a little much considering he used to make barely 50 cents. Nevertheless, I loved this story. To think, a year ago I didn't even know what fanfic was! Oy vey, things change...Ya gotta write something about my guys Mush and Skittery...I'd love ya even more then! Wow...this review is long...I'm shuttin up...
T.H.W chapter 12 . 3/20/2002
Aw! That was great! Really great! Racetrack's kids are so cute and I can't wait to hear the story about Vinnie! He sounds like he's gonna be a slick casanova and a rockin' character just like his fadda. ;-) Aw, thats so nice of you! I luved reviewing this story because it was so fabulous! I'm so glad that my reviews played at least a little part in your story! But you did the work! And did it well I might add! ;-) Keep it up, 'cause I'll just just around the corner readin'! :-) *wink & grin*

T.H.