Reviews for Close to Home
Liz86000 chapter 14 . 8/29/2018
Loved it.
breakfastmakesmeawesome chapter 14 . 3/3/2016
Just reread this one, favorite-ed several years ago. Your writing is so enjoyable. Thanks for your great story, love the premise.
Bones2014 chapter 14 . 1/1/2016
Great, you've got we weeping like a baby. That was so perfect. The end was beautiful. I'm so glad they were honest with each other regarding their fear. Quoting Hodgins, "what you've got is faith baby". Another wonderful story. Loved it sooooo much. You wrote them so true to character...again. Another one where I hate that it came to an end. At least it was a fabulous one.
Bones2014 chapter 13 . 1/1/2016
Like the two of them...to me they will always be Booth & Bones. Love the way Angela investigated her theory. So cute. And that last line...priceless:)
Bones2014 chapter 12 . 1/1/2016
Well, I must say that you've provided me with a whole new outlook on Sweets. It does make sense. I could have strangled him when he gave his explanation of Booth's scans to him after his surgery. Booth was so close. Once again, my mantra has always been that B&B shoulda happened in season 5. And he's hers. Love that she's that possessive of him.
Bones2014 chapter 11 . 1/1/2016
You are awesome. You captured them perfectly here. I love this chapter. It could have gone horribly wrong, but you lined them out perfectly. Another relationship hurdle met successfully. It's as though I'm watching them on the screen.
Bones2014 chapter 10 . 1/1/2016
Wow, how their roles have changed. Once she makes up her mind, she's all in. But this is new to her. Booth has been in several relationships looking for the dream, & has been shot down every time. And although this is something he's longed for his entire adult life, he's cautious & scared. Should be interesting.
Bones2014 chapter 9 . 1/1/2016
Yes, the squints take it all in stride. I love the Booth/Cam friendship. Didn't care for the sexual relationship...at all, because he should be with Brennan. However, I do love their friendship. She does get him. It's nice to know that he has that one steady friendship.
Bones2014 chapter 8 . 1/1/2016
Never was a big fan of Hacker. I'm sure it was because Brennan was supposed to be with Booth! Poor Booth again. Already racked full of insecurities, the last thing he needed was to elbow her while trying to get a grip on his anger. Love the last paragraph. A moments peace at last.
Bones2014 chapter 7 . 1/1/2016
Poor Booth. Reading things from his POV reveals just how insecure he is. To imagine that he's lived like this since he was a child? That's heart crushing. To be treading those scary waters every minute of every day has to be exhausting. You're correct. They are together, but they still have so much to learn about one another. It's never easy with these two.
Bones2014 chapter 6 . 1/1/2016
I've got to say that I'm extremely satisfied with part 1 of your story. It had everything...a true roller coaster ride. Loved that you allowed Brennan to delve into Booth's feelings, & handle their relationship on her own; that she was able to navigate the waters despite her feelings of inadequacy in that area, & succeeded. Loved it!
Bones2014 chapter 5 . 1/1/2016
I love that although this is from Brennan's POV, you've given us insight into Booth's state of mind. I hate that the show made Booth out to be the uncaring one during this period, as though her feelings didn't matter. This story gives perspective to what his thoughts might have been then. I take his dad's death in this story as a way for Brennan to realize how her actions in front of the Hoover actually made Booth feel, the way he saw himself after that event. Excellent. You are good!
Bones2014 chapter 4 . 1/1/2016
I imagine Brennan feels as though she's walking a tight rope here. I feel her tension. Too many feelings & thoughts to keep control of, while at the same time, trying to read & comfort her "partner".
Bones2014 chapter 3 . 1/1/2016
This chapter is exceptionally special. This is them to the core. Partners who share everything with one another, are there for one another no matter the circumstance or what it costs them as individuals. Love thi! Priceless.
Bones2014 chapter 2 . 1/1/2016
I love when stories delve into the lives of my fav characters as this one has so far. The show gives us snippets of their past. That Brennan can decipher Booth's past by examining his father's bones is amazing. I tend to overlook things like that on the show.