Reviews for Wild Birds
kyuubi archsage chapter 8 . 12/29/2013
I really liked this alternate telling of Last Exile. If you ever get around to writing anything for Fam the Silver Wing, I will definitely read it.
Zephyrus Genesis chapter 8 . 7/21/2013
Very, very nice. I think you pulled this 'what if' off quite well, much better with this 'series of ficlets' rather than a complete re-write. Doing a full re-write, covering all that time, would probably have burned you out.

I like how you dealt with Dio's sister, it was very nicely done and a good way to show how having people to fight for, rather than simply revenge, made Alex even stronger and able to do so without being crucified by rose-thorns (OUCH!) and then dying immediately after (that scene REALLY irked me _ ) . I'm really glad he survived in this one.

My only real complaint is with the way you handled the last chapter. Compared to the rest, which was easy to follow, the last chapter seemed both a little rushed an a bit crammed. With so many random, generally short-lived oc's it took me a while to realize that they were all Guild members participating in the civil war. I can't tell how long the whole civil war lasted but the impression you gave was that it happened within a day, but I don't think that's what happened. More pagebreaks between scene changes would help make it easier to follow.

Will you be continuing the 'What If' to detail how this changes the Last Exile sequel, Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing? I'm curious to see how things changed with Alex still alive, and am also curious to know if you'll let Claus keep the use of his legs or if he'll become wheelchair bound like in the series.
M.L chapter 5 . 4/23/2012
It's good! Your story, that is. I like it how alex took the children under his wings and mellowed a bit, despite still being himself. Somehow, thanks to you, it's easy to imagine now...alex all worried inside, despite his rather cold exterior. I really think that being a parent is good to him. Forced him to think about something different that revenge and revenge and revenge. I'm glad about it because it was always sad to think that he existed only to achieve this one goal. Also, you managed to make it all interesting, even the latest chapter, despite the fact that we all know what technically happened then.

It's a bit worrisome that it has been already a year since your last chapter. Any chance that you will continue this story? It would be terrible thing if it did get abandonned. There is so many Sophia/Alex there that it's getting really boring. This story is something different though, much more interesting and original too. And I would like to see how the relationship between Alex and the kids is going to grow. There are teenagers now, it comes with new problems for parents after all.
DG Veil chapter 5 . 4/2/2011
its pretty good. keep going and going and going... like the energizer bunny!
Sonar chapter 2 . 1/30/2011
That was all right.
ExileLover chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Wow, this is really well done, and an interesting take on what might have happened. I really hope you write more of this! It's a fantastic start on what looks like an awesome story. Keep up the good work!