Reviews for Footsteps on a Different Path
teedub chapter 2 . 6/1
I hope you come back to this story. It seems to have quite a bit of creative potential. Your A/N stating that you don't play nice against the magical world just whets my appetite for more of this story. There is a lot to criticize about the culture and social aspects of that world but it's also quite fascinating to trace how it came about.

The magicals had a legitimate beef against non-magicals which resulted in them going into hiding. It was a very logical and good decision for survival purposes, given the disparity in population sizes and fear and persecution against them.

But isolation has predictable negative consequences. Especially for people that live longer and healthier lives than the average non-magical. Stagnation being only one of them. A cultivated sense of being better than what were illiterate, dirty savages. To a certain extent, they probably were better than the average non-magical 400 years ago, if one can actually quantify what "better" means.

But isolation prevents them from knowing of the changes and progress of the non-magical world and progressing themselves.

Again, I hope you come back to this story.
SlickRCBD chapter 2 . 3/22
It has been 7 years with no updates. I think it is safe to assume this story is dead.
You had a lot more chapters of the original version of Wyckham Academy before the rewrite. Is there any chance you can repost the original version under the original name with a note that it is abandoned and mentioning this story as the rewrite? I liked the original version when it was originally posted.

If you ever get this story to the same point that you abandoned Wyckham Academy, you could remove it again, but until then why not let us see where you were going?
littlespite chapter 2 . 12/10/2016
Ok Where the rest of it?

Great start...
Calmzone1 chapter 2 . 10/28/2016
Great start. I don't know how good/bad it was before, but I like what you've one with it. I know it's been 6 years, but I love AU HP stories where Harry goes to a different school, or leaves part way through to attend a different school. Any chance you might return one day to write more, or are you now thoroughly embroiled in RL and teaching in your own style? I'm curious where your hometown is in Canada, being from there myself. :)
Helene Nightfire chapter 2 . 10/9/2016
I like your insights into a ways magical schooling could have been done. I hope you continue this at some point but thanks for sharing what you have.
MSgt SilverDollar and Snake chapter 2 . 4/7/2016
Excellent start hopefully you'll find a way to finish it. However, life does find a way to interrupt our plans or desires. - Snake
Pissed off chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
YOU ARE REALY PISSING US OFF NOW YOU UPDATED IN 2010 IT IS NOW 2014 GET THIS FCKING STORY UPDATED N DO IT NOW
Sanity and Katlin chapter 2 . 11/4/2013
Very interesting story. I really like it - and I'm looking forward to reading more.

May I ask where in Canada you work?

S&K
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Put the bloody original back up NOW for fucks sake
Lord Mortensen chapter 2 . 2/24/2013
awesome! Hey can you updated? you have 2 years, a not update...please update soon! I love this fanfic!
Georgia chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Justin may have been part of the upper-class (we really don't know anything about him other than the fact that he was down for Eton) but Hermione's parents would have been middle-class.

I love the idea of another school. I certainly wouldn't send my child to Hogwarts, it's rather substandard! There is no English, no languages, no art or music, no mathematics and, what disturbs me most given the power everyday people have at the tip of their wand, no philosophy or ethics! What they do have is a bully teaching a core class (potions) and incompetents teaching another core class (history) and an elective (divination). The idea of Hogwarts is fabulous but it is also rather incomprehensible as it is portrayed. I wouldn't want to go there, nor would I allow any child in my care to go there.
Olaf74 chapter 2 . 1/14/2013
Simply FANTASTIC!
Griffin Raven chapter 2 . 3/31/2012
I must say despite what you have said about the previous versions of this story "Wyckham Academy"...I did still enjoy

them...and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing just where

this newly improved version will go!

I think that Anita is a caring, compassionate individual who has every reason to not want anything to do with the magical world at all. Especially after death eaters killed her financee

and a number of others in the same incident. Yet something did

motivate Albus Dumbledore to seek her out rather than just allowing her as a muggle to have her memories modified.

So just what was Albus's true motivations for having Harry attend thenewly created Wyckham Academy? Just how will the Hogarts staff, the ministry or the wizarding population in general react when Harry Potter, "the-boy-who-lived" doesn't attend Hogwarts..will Albus be able to handle the outcry? Will

Anita let Harry attend Hogwarts after his 1st Yr at Wyckham Academy, will Harry even want?
alwaystoday chapter 2 . 3/14/2012
I enjoyed. I'm looking forward to more. R
biblioholic chapter 2 . 1/20/2012
Wonderful story. I like your logic behind the WAcademy. It's so try that Hogwarts is quite impractical (feathered quills and all). I'm looking forward to seeing what classes might be like at WA if you're going to write that much in detail.

Hope you update soon!