Reviews for The Music Box Waltz
Guest chapter 12 . 1/27/2013
You should write more of the Tramp romantic stories. I adore them.
MissyH316 chapter 3 . 12/13/2011
Y'know, I just read in David Robinson's Chaplin biography that in his later years in exile, Charlie had said he regretted retiring the Little Tramp when he did - that there was still room for him in the world, after all. Man, I wish he wouldn't have retired him, either! I think the Tramp would've been fun, poignant, and loveable at 70 just as he was at 30! :-)
MissyH316 chapter 12 . 12/13/2011
Awww, how sweet! I love happy endings, especially for Charlie; he deserves them. :-)

Since seeing "Gentlemen of Nerve", I've thought Charlie and Mabel Normand made a cute couple. With the hat she was wearing in that film, they even looked sort of alike. I'd heard of Mabel a long time ago, but had only seen her in one or two "Mabel & Fatty" shorts and now really appreciate what a good comedienne she really was.
MissyH316 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
LOL - what a naughty scoundrel our Charlie is! "Gentlemen of Nerve" is perhaps my favorite Keystone short, so I really enjoyed this opening scene!
Susan Hilton chapter 12 . 11/25/2010
A sweet, sentimental and beautiful story, well-told. It would make an excellant movie. The ending was superb. Well worth the time to read. I'm still working on chapter 16 and will have it finished soon.
LADYMALLARD chapter 12 . 11/25/2010
I'm glad to know that my hunch about Julie's Grandma was right, it was Mabel. Strong feelings came out again as these two former sweethearts came together. But Wow, things got abit dicey there for a moment, when Julie's father caught them. Just as Charlie was about to leave, Julie was there to stop him, thank goodness. Such a wonderful ending too, with the lovers waltzing to the music as they did so long ago. Ah, I love a happy ending. An inspiering story from start to finish, I loved reading it. I look forward to your next endever. Till next time. Happy Thanksgiving.
Susan Hilton chapter 11 . 11/25/2010
This is great. A nice chapter and a logical explanation from her grandma as to why Julie could now speak. I bet her little brother or anyone else will not call her stupid any longer. A wonderful story so far. I will look forward to reading more. Happy Thanksgiving.
LADYMALLARD chapter 11 . 11/24/2010
The trip thru the mirror has ended with Julie being able to talk for real Charlie's wish has come true. It certainly surprised Charlie and all of her family, what a wonderful occurence. It has certainly gotten her family to treat her with a new respect in the way they think about her. Julie's grandmother seemed to be smarter than anyone else besides Charlie, when it came to knowing how smart Julie is and at the end when she heard the music she recognized Charlie, I have my suspicions about who Julie's Grandma is, but I'll have to wait till the next chapter to know for sure if I'm right. Great Job! Till next time.
LADYMALLARD chapter 10 . 11/23/2010
What a fancyful chapter with Julie and Charlie stepping through a looking glass just as Alice did and getting a look at a fantasy world thanks to Nanette. Spending time in this amazing world, both the lonely little girl and the Little Tramp are gifted with their fondest wish. I loved the fantasy eliment of Julia being able to speak and giving Charlie the look of youth, making this a truely magical and special chapter. I look forward to what will happen in the next chapter, till next time.
Susan Hilton chapter 10 . 11/23/2010
Magnificent chapter! Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite stories from Childhood. I saw the tail end of the new Johnny Depp version, which was pretty good. Louis Carroll would be proud of your story and of what was done to his hundred-year-old tale. I just love that Julie can speak and that the little doll was really an alien from another dimension. Sort of reminds me of Scarlet. :-) I can't wait to see what her dad's reaction will be. Great job.
LADYMALLARD chapter 9 . 11/22/2010
WOW, this was quite an intriging chapter. Julie wanted Charlie to see her music box dancer Nannette come to life, but she didn't untill he had left later when Julie was alone. Dreams can tell the dreamer alot and it seems his are telling Charlie things could have been different all those years ago, if he had only payed more attention to his girlfriend Mabel and less to his own selfish nature. Now he may be about to really mess things up in his relationship to Mabel, if, she should somehow decide to forgive him, by taking up with another woman. I'm sure as with any girl, any filandering on Charlie's part, would'nt sit well with her, IF, she does want to forgive him. I guess I'll have to wait for the next chapter, to see what will happen next.
Susan Hilton chapter 9 . 11/22/2010
Poor Charlie! He lost his girl just because she didn't like the way he screwed things up so much. I think his screwups are very endearing and that Mabel should give him another chance. Life's too short to nitpick, and she should be thankful he's not a bad fellow. Hmmm...I wonder if the little music box doll will grant Julie's fondest wish. I can almost guess what that will be. Good story.
Susan Hilton chapter 8 . 11/22/2010
Ah, the plot thickens. I am glad that Sara isn't the same as the others, and sees Julie's potential. She and Charlie seem to be the only ones in the story who give a hoot about the little girl. A nice surprise is that she is a relative of Julie's and her father. Good so far. On to the next chapter.
LADYMALLARD chapter 8 . 11/21/2010
This was the best chapter yet, Charlie dreaming of his past is awakened by Sara from the employment agency. Turns out she is a family member, a cousin to Julia and her brother. She was sure Charlie would be perfect to care for the children after seeing him with Julia. I love that she improved on Charlie's resume to make sure her Uncle would hire him, very clever. I enjoyed their talk discussing how he got the job. This was so much fun to read and I eagerly look forward to the next chapter to find out what will happen, till next time.
LADYMALLARD chapter 7 . 11/21/2010
Well, after a rocky start, it seems Charlie now has a home and a great job taking care of Julie and her little brother. I love how he brought the little boy into line with the threat of a spanking and then showed both children a fun time in the park. I hope he'll be able to continue being the care taker for the children. I'll certainly find it difficult to wait for the next chapter to see what will happen, till next time.