Reviews for God Loves Ugly
BrokenSolitude chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Simply beautiful. Very provocatively written- you can feel the chill in the air when Nathan first sees Charles' ruined flesh. It sort of wraps around you and stings, like a hot blade being dragged against skin so cold it creates steam.

I really enjoyed this line, in particular: "-in the silence that was so fucking loud, Nathan's ears wanted to bleed – he read the patchwork flesh of Charles' body like a book: a blind man reading Brail of scars and skin." That's not only very poetic, its reminiscent of writing from years gone past, in both literature and music. The elegant beauty of such a statement really contrasts the dark, sinister nature of the information contained.

Charles and Nathan are both exceedingly canon in this, something I've searched long and hard for, with very few results. I can visualize this within the scope of the series, and beyond it, as well. Absolutely excellent work. Had I the option to rate this, it gets five out of five stars.

Mandolin77 chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Your writing is so... profound. I spent the night reading your stories (sleep is overrated, anyhow), and it amazes me how you can mix together poetry and blunt reality. I love the idea of reading words written across flesh, even when you're not supposed to know how to be gentle. And I agree - God loves ugly.
The Fire in Your Skin chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
I like this! I especially like the placement of the Gear mark. I've seen it placed all over Charles's body, but over the heart never occurred to me. Great choice, and I like the detail you put into the scars. I kinda cringed at the bit where Nathan touched Charles's ribs, you're just that good. Keep up the great work!
Electric Muse chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Even though I'm not a big fan of slash, this was beautifully written! I love Charles fics, especially when he's portrayed as perfectly as you have done. There are no words;

Thank you for the gorgeous addition to the fandom, it's a diamond in the rough~
Damion Starr chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Guh. This fic is just...guh. I read it on brutalbusiness and loved it, but forgot the title when I came here looking for fic. I read it, and once again it sent shivers down my spine. Amazing job. The imagery and the word use, how the image in my head was so sensual and intimate, it just...guh. I loved it!

Also, my artist brain thanks you for the use of the chiaroscuro word. It totally helped paint the picture for me. _