Reviews for Snowflakes
CncFan chapter 1 . 5/17
Damn, I know this is 6 years after the fact, but whatever. I agree that Teen Titans benefits from a more mature interpretation. It's had some of the darkest, most emotional scenes in a kid's show, ie Haunted and Things Change.

Anyways, your descriptions and pacing are both on point, and you did a great job of showing Beast Boy's more somber, contemplative side. I think it's something that's hinted at throughout the show, but never explored that much, so it's nice to see him like this instead of just solely having him as the immature, comic relief character.

I think my favorite part is Beast Boy realizing that Tera's ghost would always linger in the diner for him. You dropped some serious feels there, and that's really relatable. I remember my first year of college, I had met a girl who worked in the library on campus, and she gave me a tour of it. She was really sweet and afterwards, I realized I had a crush on her. I was always too nervous to really ask her out or anything, and 2nd semester we had pretty much fallen out of touch. Whenever I went back to the library though, I'd think about when I walked around with her. To me, she was a part of the library. Hell, she could graduate and not work there any more, and I'd still feel like part of her would be lingering there. I'm getting off on a tangent though.

Even though this story is probably dead, I really liked it's interpretation of Beast Boy, and I hope that you someday continue it.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Damn. Pathos, much?

Gar is having a rough time of it, that's for sure. This is a telling exploration of why the old saying, "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." was obviously written by someone who had NOT loved and lost. Or at least, he had not loved deeply.
AllYourWafflesBelongToMe chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Most stories portray BB as a green jokester with an appetite for anyhting tofu, but yours shows that he can really have a serious side deep within him. And I appreciate that.
GreenRock chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
To be honest, I have only ever read one BB/Terra story that examines BB's emotions about losing Terra and the angst that he feels because of this.

I believe that if you do choose to write a story about this topic and with these characters, you have to be able to really tap into those specific moments of reflection and emotions that give the story credit and makes the reader feel for - in particular - BB . . . and with this chapter, you acheived exactly that.

By going in depth about his depressed mind, I felt for the guy. It's never easy to get over that 'first love' and you portray it - in my opinion - perfectly.

I'll be interested to see where you go from here.

In the meantime, keep up the good work.

:D
terraXbbXFAN2 chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I really hope this becomes a story