Reviews for Northern Star
Everlily Emrys Holmes chapter 40 . 4/12
Hello, I just wanted to let you know that this was an amazing story. I absolutely loved every second of it, and I would certainly read a sequel if you wrote one, even though it doesn't need one. I thought the way Dick let Slade go in the end was interesting, and very in character for your story. I thought it was very fitting, and a perfect and original way to end the story. I absolutely love Nightwing, and your portrayal of him was wonderful! I'd love to see more of him and Jason or Tim or whoever the new Robin is, although officially my guess is Jason just because of the clues you left, and technically he is supposed to be next. He's a great big brother and I love that side of him. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I loved your story and I love your writing. Thanks for everything!
Emma zooka chapter 40 . 4/10
I basically hardcore read your story for the past 2 days and I can say with absolute certainty that it was worth it. Most apprentice stories always miss something important the further the story progresses, but you managed to keep my full attention for the span of 40 chapters, which is not easy to do. I love your writing, and I'm very impressed with what you've done
Ryu Master of Seals chapter 40 . 2/24
There dosent need t o be a sequel for this it's good as is.
Ryu Master of Seals chapter 38 . 2/24
Ahh what? There was gonna be an evil Dick? Damn I really wanted to see that. Also this is Grey!Dick.
Ryu Master of Seals chapter 27 . 2/23
I know this is wrong but I was grinning the whole time when Slade found out about the Holdens.
Ryu Master of Seals chapter 25 . 2/22
Ah shit.
Ryu Master of Seals chapter 23 . 2/22
I just got done watching Batman: Under the Red Hood and I have to say if Rick does manage to get out of this he's gonna turn out a bit like Jason.
Ryu Master of Seals chapter 21 . 2/21
Give in to the dark side.
Ryu Master of Seals chapter 12 . 2/19
In a twisted way Dick admirers Slade...
Holy fucking shit. This story. It was epic. It was so beautiful. I decided to rewatch Teen Titans in January and when I finished Season 1, I fled to FanFiction. I knew that some people would agree with me that the Apprentice Arc had so much more potential than what the writers gave it.
I came across several stories.
None - I repeat, none - of them were as beautifully crafted as this one. You did a mighty fine job writing this story. I am so glad I came across it. I enjoyed reading this. I couldn't stop.
Well done. Very well done.
Little Miss Dewitt chapter 27 . 2/4
OKAY OKAY so. This isn't my first time reading the fic but I've just been binge-rereading it for the last few days because I'll have you know this is my favourite Apprentice fic /ever/. It's just amazing and you get everything right in it and tbh this fic is the reason I can't bring myself to write my own Apprentice fic because I know I won't be able to match this one. Damn you. And I mean that in the nicest, most admiring way.

But! Chapter 27. I just feel this strong urge to point out this one thing in chapter 27 that /really/ got to me:

"Dick, how are you feeling? You've been out for a while. You're probably still under a sedative. Don't push yourself. You should eat."
"No... I'm not hungry."
"Do you want to eat through a tube?"
"...No..."
"Then eat."
"Ok."

And then Slade ruffles his hair.

I mean, in the grand scheme of the fic, it doesn't seem like that significant a moment - compared to things like the beatdown in the previous chapter, and the finale, and Dick's more obvious mental breakdowns. But this small exchange seems, to me, super significant because it's basically a microcosm of the whole apprentice relationship. After basically torturing Dick, Slade goes on to act all paternal, almost as if nothing happened, and Dick is just tired and submissive. But at that small hint of resistance to his control, he immediately switches to threats in order to get his way, and once he's satisfied that Dick is going along with what he wants, he goes back to that paternal attitude and it's creepy as all hell.

Basically, that one, tiny exchange is all you need to tell you that this is a really fucked up abusive-parent-and-child relationship.

...I don't know how much thought you actually put into that one moment compared to everything else, but. Yeah. Apparently this fanfic brings out the English Lit student in me. I just find it to be one of the most disturbing moments in the entire fic, which is really saying something. So, yeah, pat yourself on the back because you're an awesome writer.

*throws down smoke pellets and retreats into the shadows*
Violentdaybreak chapter 10 . 1/17
Wow, can I just say, I have read a lot of fanfiction from this site but I absolutely love how you have portrayed the characters in this! Slade is so calculating and yet you can feel his yearning for Dick and Dick's misery at what is happening to him... amazing! Love this to pieces! I haven't been so obsessed with a story in such a long time! Can't wait to read the next chapters!
readthishit chapter 7 . 9/27/2014
ooo interesting indeed!:D
Poopfeast42 chapter 40 . 9/10/2014
Accidentally hit post when I was trying to click fucking "cabin." I mean canon. Damn it. I didn't mean to make three of these. What else... Slade and Lex's evil plans didn't feel like the plans of geniuses, to many broken moving parts or just aimless, where does it end? Why? (Lex would have been better off trying to steal 40 cakes, and that's terrible.) I guess they were bad plans since they failed! Since they failed we didn't really see them majestically unfolding... I know you can write a good "evil" plan because Nightwing in the end there was brilliant. Keep writing, I freaking love you. Someone who can end an angsty fix, you are a god.
Poopfeast42 chapter 40 . 9/10/2014
Fucking shit just remembered more stuff to say. Your interpretations of canon characters. I don't know if the Titans would act like that, but only because the characters on the show are more caricatures than the ones you presented. Raven most especially.
I loved the gradualness of Dick's stockholmization. From resistant, to giving a little, to neutral, until that final teetering edge when he tested Slade. Or was hard to reconcile the same Slade that hugged his son with the guy in the beatdown chapter, so I guess Dick and I have that in common! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful job with this. Ask my love and the best of luck with all your goals.I hope those girls include publishing your own works and maybe, finally, owning the rights to Ten Titans so you can stop saying you don't and just make this she cabin!
1,020 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »