Reviews for Harry Potter and the Elder Mistake
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 42 . 5/30
Okay. So I thought the overall theme of the story was great and I really enjoyed the Hinny moments.

I am somewhat disappointed with how long it took Harry to figure out what Carrow was after, the clues were obvious enough, especially the clue from LV.

Speaking of LV, I really can’t see his actual character giving advice to future dark lords. It would be more plausible to me for him to have come to some sort of understanding and acceptance with the afterlife and tried to steer future dark lords in a better direction.

I still don’t find Carrow’s character to be intelligent enough for all the chaos he caused, but then again maybe LV came up with the plan(s) when he was being advised by him. I feel like HP ought to have taken care of Carrow sooner and easier in the story, he was more powerful and better skilled than Carrow. I mean, I can see one or two fails, but after HP got more training, he should have been able to beat him by at least the 3rd try.

Again, the X-ray glasses were supposed to be indestructible, so I’m baffled as to how they were broken beyond reparo.

Anyways, that’s all I can think to critique. Again, I enjoyed the overall story and if the sequel was complete I’d jump right on it, but I’d rather not start something that will leave me hanging.
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 30 . 5/29
And another thing, I am hoping that this story at least has a definite conclusion because I just saw there is an incomplete sequel that doesn’t appear as if it’s been updated in several months...
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 29 . 5/29
Also, my memory of Carrow from the actual stories is being an absolute idiot, so how he’s able to lead all these other death eaters and not get caught for this long is completely astounding to me.
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 29 . 5/29
So I’ve noticed some inconsistencies with the glove and the new glasses.

The glove, it it’s properties are to next lose the wand, then it should have been able to retrieve Harry’s wand back from Carrow at any point.

The glasses, I thought the properties included (but not limited to) never breaking and never falling off. So far they have fallen off and/or broken quite a bitunless Harry has gone back to using his old glasses, which would make no since if he did.
HarryPotterFangirl85 chapter 20 . 5/28
Well, the dinner with Aubrey scene seems to fluctuate between the name Aubrey and someone name Victoria being Percy’s date...
Bharadwaj Goda chapter 1 . 1/11
This does not do justice to the torrent of emotions that might have been felt by the people in the story. I'd like for it to be much more "realistic" than it is. Having said that, this was a well written piece but I can tell that the writer needs more experience in shaping an already established character. Creating a character is easy, building upon is another story altogether.
Guest chapter 44 . 8/13/2017
brilliant really enjoyed this was hooked going to read your other stories now keep up the good work
Arcturus chapter 30 . 8/1/2017
Still enjoying; a prominent oops in this chapter:
Harry turns away from the memorial that turns into a statue of baby Harry and his parents. BUT: That statue is in Godric's Hollow - NOT in Ottery St. Catchpole. Different villages. As for a large portion of the villagers being wizards - that is true at Godric's Hollow, but not at O St. P. The only wizarding families in O St P are the Weasleys, the Diggorys, and the Lovegoods.
nayin1704 chapter 1 . 11/15/2016
Okay...
Chinamcgee chapter 43 . 11/14/2016
It was lit
Guest chapter 16 . 11/6/2016
Then go read something else and let the rest of us enjoy it.

I've enjoyed this story so far. I'm hoping the rest of the story is as enjoyable as the first few chapters were.
Guest chapter 12 . 11/6/2016
Sorry but your magical battle and this plot line is lame. It lacks any kind of creative spark whatsoever.
grovepjp chapter 43 . 9/10/2016