Reviews for 50 Ways to Feel
Monkey123abc chapter 34 . 12/21/2012
I LOVED this chapter! I was a bit tentative about reading your story at first, with the release of fifty shades of grey and all, but after reading a few reviews I decided to have a look. The writing is amazing, you really manage to capture emotions. Aggression has been really interesting and while I'm not one for cliffhangers, the twist at the end had been set up nicely and really made the story.
janesbiotch chapter 49 . 12/18/2012
Damn! That was truly beautiful. Thanks for writing it for me. I love all the angsty bits I don't know why but i just love it and can feel it deep in my bones.
Lothiriel84 chapter 49 . 12/18/2012
That's a very beautiful piece! I love the "smiles" theme, and the juxtaposition of Lisbon's and Jane's point of view. It's quite interesting that the most hopeful half of the one-shot is Jane's one, while usually Lisbon's the more optimistic of the pair. Of course that's because she doesn't know that Jane isn't chasing Red John for his late family's sake anymore, but in order to have a chance at a future with her - and that's something I really appreciate about your piece.
Here are my favorite parts:
***
And you want to make his smiles real for a change.
***
You can remember how he changed, for you. Made sure that he fitted into society's ideals, for you. How he tried to please only you.
You have to wonder if he would have been capable of doing it for anybody else.
***
You know who you could be happy with, if only you had the opportunity.
But she's so scared you'll break if she even dares touch you. She's terrified that you're losing your grip on sanity.
***
However any smiles you share with her are as genuine as the ones you fight for from her in return. She makes you happy.
You wouldn't have listened to anyone but her, back in the day. There was something in her demeanor when you first met her, which meant you intrinsically knew you could trust this woman.
***
But everything you do now, you do for her. Not your family, not your daughter, but her.
Kiryki chapter 49 . 12/17/2012
Oh dear. So many feels.
MerriWyllow chapter 49 . 12/17/2012
That is just such a perfect summation of how I hope their relationship stands. So perfect.
Wldwmn chapter 49 . 12/17/2012
Succinct and engrossing. Loved the J/L P.O.V. switch and how much they do (and don't) know how and what the other one feels. Another excellent addition to this collection; I'm going to miss it when it's complete.
Phosphorescent chapter 49 . 12/17/2012
Nicely written. I like the way Lisbon both does and doesn't understand where Jane is coming from, and the way that Jane is at once telling the truth to and deluding himself.
666BloodyHell666 chapter 49 . 12/17/2012
nooo we're at ch.49 already!?
One more chapter to go and it'll be over :(
(it was a good chapter, loved Jane's POV)
WeBuiltThePyramids chapter 49 . 12/17/2012
So the line about Jane being Lisbon's personal project gave me way too many warm fuzzies.

As usual (I know, I sound like a broken record) I really loved this chapter. I'm glad that Jane feels badly about the way he's treated her - he damn sure should - and how he's grown from only being motivated by revenge into genuinely caring for her and wanting to do thing for her, too. He'll never fully let go of Angela and Charlotte, but he actually has someone now who cares about him - almost too much, in a way - and who he cares about, too. Very reflective and sweet!
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 49 . 12/17/2012
This was wonderful :)
LetMeWalkTheEarthWithYou chapter 48 . 12/16/2012
That was something I would love to see happening on the show!
And I really loved that part "Red John wouldn't get in their way, because neither of them would let him"- it's funny I never even thought about it that way. Loved it!
Lothiriel84 chapter 48 . 12/12/2012
I can't find the right words to tell you how much I appreciate this little gem!
One thing that I love about your writing is that you always manage to put so much in it - thoughts, emotions, references to the past, and even details about the setting that make it all more real.
Then, I have a thing for romantic pieces, and this one is absolutely beautiful! I love how you described Jane's predicament, and the ending was as perfect as I could ever wish for.
Here are my favorite parts:
***
If he could have chosen anybody to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with, then Teresa Lisbon would easily have topped the list.
***
Not since his wife had he found somebody he could talk to quite so easily and Jane loved her for it. Regardless of how little he showed it, Jane knew that Lisbon was inordinately special to him. She had slipped into his life in just the right place and time. He knew that he needed her and sometimes, he even found himself hoping that the feeling was reciprocated.
***
If he had the choice, then he would have genuinely loved to spend the rest of his life with her, whether that was as friends or something more. The more he tried to deny the fact he was in love with her, the more he realized that he couldn’t deny it at all.
***
Assuming he knew what was best for Teresa Lisbon was almost as dangerous as trying to outfox Red John himself. Almost.
***
Something had unlocked inside of his brain, and he was desperately trying to put everything back in its place.
Within five minutes, Lisbon ventured outside of the car too. Jane was simultaneously pleased and disappointed. He hadn’t had enough time to make sense of everything.
***
Red John wasn’t really the issue; in reality he never had been. Of course he was a threat, but how much longer could they cope with living in denial? If he didn’t pluck up the courage soon, then the spark could easily just fizzle out into nothingness.
***
He pulled away almost as quickly as it started and watched as she comprehended what he had done. Then, she stood, walked around her office and kissed him fiercely.
***
For so long now, he had been trying to find something that felt right in his life again. He hadn’t even realized that was what he’d been looking for, but it was.
***
Red John wouldn’t get in their way, because neither of them would let him.
He was loved and he was worth it.
And the only woman that he needed had been staring him in the face all along.
AprilVV chapter 48 . 12/11/2012
Pfff. I love it. And it almost ends the collection...
MerriWyllow chapter 48 . 12/10/2012
This one, this romance, is deeply moving. It deserves more praise than I can think of right now. Sweet is not the right word and satisfying doesn't do it justice.
MerriWyllow chapter 47 . 12/10/2012
Lisbon's suspicion and doubt in this are spot-on as it should be. It is hard to tell when the show omits this sort of thing because the showrunners have faith in their audience that we can fill in the blanks as you have, or they have not bothered to think so far ahead. I need to have more faith in *them*, but maybe they have not earned it as well as you have.
432 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »