Reviews for Letters to Mendanbar
Professor Maka chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Nice concept and I think you hit the tone pretty well. Too bad you didn't continue.
Athena Goddess of the Wise chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
I hate how long Cimorene has to wait for Mendanbar!
Witchy Pixie chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Oh wow...this is pretty epic.
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
I think you have hit on a wonderful idea! After all, a lot must happen in Cimorene's life while Daystar is growing up, and she would be sure to write a letter to tell Mendenbar about it soon after something happened, while the memory is fresh.

I seem to recall that in the Fourth book Cimorene and Daystar are living in a remote place, by themselves. You must explain when and how the move took place. And why it was necessary. Then there is Daystar's comment that some visitor's thought Cimorene was a sorceress. There are a lot of possibilities for interesting short stories in this territory you've staked out.

You have a very nice story here, and the characters sound right. I hope to see more of it in due time.

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Cute! I *LOVE* this series, it's so excellent. The whole Medanbar getting trapped always threw me for a loop. I haven't read the books in a really long time, I can't really accurately critique much of this (I had to really strain my brain trying to remember who Willin and some of the other side characters mentioned were - that shows how long it's been since I read them, haha) but anyways, it sounded all good to me. It was cute! Well done, T!

Red
Curlscat chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Aw, that was sweet, and sort of melancholy. I'd like to see more. Nice job!
Musafreen chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Mhm, I like the idea a lot. Seventeen years is a hell of a time gap, and it's nice to have something to fill it.

I think you have Cimorene down fine. She might be a little more poetic than I expect her to be, but considering how fresh the wounds are, I figure that's justifiable. I'd advise adding in a bit more sarcasm to later chapters, though.

I can imagine whatever you described pretty well too. Not bad. :)