Reviews for Wondrous Man
azab chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
great job
Razzmatazz Lady chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Haha, way to competely explain gaston's thought process while using lines from the play. :)
Jaded Baby Blues chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Wow! This was really well written. I like how it is you made us all get a glimpse in Gaston's mind. The poor dude has no idea about what Belle wants. If only he'd met another intelligent woman who could've enlightened him on certain things. I wonder where in the world did he get his ideas from (the best deserving the best)? Ahhh, the working mind of a Disney villain...Very scary place to look into...Great job!
Answer chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
I agree with TrudiRose that the word "literate" doesn't sound right coming from Gaston, but otherwise I really enjoyed this. Very in-character, well done!
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Nice! I really like stories that get into Gaston's head instead of just making him a generic, one-dimensional villain. This was well done!

My only little comment is that I can't picture Gaston knowing what "literate" means, let alone using that word when he's thinking to himself. He doesn't like big words. :) I think he'd phrase that thought as simply "she reads too much." JMO!
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Gaston may be a Caveman but he proved to be a shrewd caveman. Proving that he can think his way into solving a problem, he bribes the runner of the local asylum into locking up Maurice and manipulates the villagers so that they attack the Beast's castle. Not bad for a primeval man.

Your short story illustrates the qualities that made this movie such a subversive play against type: the villainous Beast becomes a heroic prince and the local rugged handsome boy turns out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing. This was my favorite Disney movie too and I can't tell you how it still hurts to know that it lost for Best Picture in 1991.
KiraJenLove chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Good! This story is more in character for Gaston - more so than some darker stories I've read here. You should keep going with this one, if that is your intention.