Reviews for Paved Paradise
DrunkOnMusic chapter 5 . 6/18
I really loved this chapter, particularly for the reason that my name was used. My name is Sadie and I literally beamed when I read that :) I love this story so far and how everybody is so caring for Raven. Well, except Robin, but you'll probably get to him eventually in the story
Lilybud chapter 1 . 4/26
I'm glad I found this story! It's really interesting so far, and the characterization is good! Before I continue on the praise, I would like to first get the critique out of the way.

1) The chapter felt a bit unfocused. It felt like the adjustment to Raven, the main topic, was constantly interrupted by Beast Boy's backstory, Robin and Starfire's relationship, Cyborg's exasperation at their roundabout relationship, anger at the monks, and observations of everything. While each observation was thoughtful, there was a lot of "telling" rather than "showing" that seemed to draw attention to too many subjects at once in only one chapter, and made the flow of
it uneven.
2. I really enjoyed how Starfire handled the situation, but I found it odd that Robin's part was minimal-not even a line of dialogue to explain to his teammates what had happened while they were or to reassure Raven-since he was the one who first earned Raven's trust. Seeing how this takes place right after the show, I thought his part would be bigger.

Phew! Done with the hard part. Now onto everything fun!
1)I'm impressed at the idea of this story and how it plausibly fits into the show. There's ton of Teen Titans-turned-tykes stories, and the circumstances in those seem so ludicrous, so forced, and written with a "sure, why not? Who cares if this would never happen?" mindset that drives me nuts. This, however, feels like it could happen since it wove into the original story.
2) I adore that this was written from Cyborg's POV! He's such a great, underappreciated character, so it was refreshing to see something from his eyes. I also enjoyed how he acted like a protective big brother, and is more observation of his friends than he first appears.
3) As said before, how Starfire was great! I liked how you showed her motherly side, and referenced her knowledge of Azarath, since she is the only other alien, and her experience with Raven's emotions from when they switched bodies.
4) Raven's characterization was, again, believable! Unlike other TT-tyke fics, just because she was a child doesn't mean her entire personality changed. You kept her serious, mature, reserve, but also added the sweetness of a child, and one so uncared for that she is in desperate need for affection, as Cyborg beautifully felt in the beginning.
Pmason chapter 3 . 12/7/2015
Omehgawd. It hadn't felt right Robin stole the spot of designated Raven whisperer.
I can't breath oml.
LilLinkGirl chapter 11 . 10/23/2015
Very nice!
Shadow Logic chapter 2 . 3/30/2015
Spot on. Beast Boy spending his formative years exploring jungles with his presumably highly educated biologist parents is mostly ignored in fics or abused to the point of exasperation, but it's perfectly balanced here. How he measures distances or considers weight in terms of the animals he's familiar with was both very original and perfectly in character: he changes into them all the time, of course he'd know by now which form is best at what, why didn't I think of that before? Now I might just feel a little let down with fics that don't take that into account.

I'm also very impressed with your eight-year-old Raven. Writing children is difficult, because reconciling the character we all know and their often complex history with how a child acts and thinks becomes a tricky balancing act, but your Raven is perfect. Curious and scared, confused at suddenly being on Earth (as Beast Boy accurately pointed out), like the average eight-year-old human would be in that situation, but also quiet, stoic and brave, because Raven at that age was already deep into her meditation and training.
Icy Icee chapter 11 . 1/22/2015
I have been looking for a story like this for so long and to find one completed and amazingly written was just spectacular so thank you thank you thank you! You're a great writer and you did a fantastic job capturing their personality. And who doesn't love Cy/Rae bonding fluff? :)
SimplyaCritic chapter 11 . 1/22/2014
aww this was heart warming sort of wished their was a bigger change in raven by the end like she could show emotion and have a small bb/rae moment but nice and if this had a part where slide got raven then it would be very entertaining to see what the titans would do to get her back.
SimplyaCritic chapter 5 . 1/22/2014
jinx bought that for her
kitsunelullaby chapter 11 . 12/21/2013
i like this story! and you finished it! (even better, not all do finish their stories) Thank you for writing this adorable story
Ava Blook chapter 8 . 12/19/2013
Man, when I found this story and read your Author's Notes for the first couple chapters, I though it was going to be a lot of fluff. It really isn't; it's character building and world building and an interesting idea taken further and written really well. I'm really enjoying this story. Great job.
Haebris chapter 11 . 12/12/2013
Do you prefer the Arella in this short or in the fith; which do you think is the most similar (motive wise) to the tv character. I prefer this one overall because it makes Raven's background more tragic (I like characters with insecurities or that feel that something about themselves has to redeemed) , even though I liked the semi-goofy mum from the fith.
Butterfree chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
"It made Cyborg want to sit every last one of Raven's guardians down to talk about decent childhoods." That is so him.

CupidKirby
Guest chapter 5 . 10/26/2013
Who is Sadie?
InsomniaandBoredom chapter 11 . 10/19/2013
I love this story. You should write a sequel about Raven meeting her grandparents.
Ashen Author chapter 11 . 10/15/2013
I really liked the ending to this. Are you going to follow up on the grandparents in another story?