Reviews for Definition of a Brother
irismay42 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Short but sweet! (Sort of!) I really loved the ending of All Dogs as I hadn't been entirely sure previously that Sam DID want to get his soul back, and I think that's the reason Dean wasn't all gung-ho to do it at first.

I hate the idea of Dean thinking of Soulless!Sam as an "it" but I think you're probably right, otherwise he never would have beaten the snot out of him at the end of YCHTT.

Eep. It's nearly hiatus. They've got to give us Sammy back then, surely?
Luvliacd chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
What will Sam be like once he gets back his soul after having endured Hell for over a year? Hope that he returns to the man he used to be, it's hard to like the man he is right now. It may be short but it still said a lot about Dean and how he feels about his brother, great job.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
That is EXACTLY were Sam belongs. And I really hope they give him back to Dean and us) STAT. It's gone on long enough, however compelling soulless!Sam might be. (And they'd better do it right, but that's another story ;) ). Glad you posted!
Ash8 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
I miss Sam beyond words...

And yet your words spoke the truth about how Dean might be feeling in his loss - and ours.

This is wonderful because it reminds us of what Dean is all about. He remembers Sam like we do. He clings on like we do.

Sammy will be back with us one day. (I just hope to GOD it's not too far away...)

Thanks hun. A lovely piece. *sniff*

*hugs*
carocali chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
I hope this is really what Dean feels, although I'm wondering after that episode. I do love the idea of Dean trying to fight for Sam again - we haven't seen that in a while.

Always nice to see a post from you - regardless of the length!

:D
NightShadow131 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Yay! Go Dean! Get your REAL bro back!

It's really sad to see... Well, actually both of them this way. With "RoboSam" and then sad, sad Dean all the time. I mean, Dean's been sad for a quite a while but I miss the joking Dean. And the caring Sam. ;-;

This is really short but it's great that way. Perfect insight, and the determination from Dean in the end hit it just right. I'm sure a lot of us agree with this and with Sam being barely human. I do hope that RoboSam really does want his soul back, though...

I almost should have read this closer to Friday... xDD

Can't wait to read more from you! *hugs*
Wallflowergirl chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Yes, yes, yes!

I liked your idea that they'd need the qualities of this new Sam to get the old Sam back - very true! And good thing new Sam has decided he wants his soul back, because I'm guessing the process will be something that needs both of them...

Now, Sera, bring our Sammy back LONG before the end of the season!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I hope this is what Dean was thinking as he sat across from robo-Sam. The 2 J's delivered awesome performances as usual, but Jensen's facial expressions as Dean broke my heart.

For a moment I was afraid that Sam was going to just get up and leave.

I guess I'm hoping that Sam's soul is tucked somewhere else and not still in the cage, otherwise will we (and Dean) get Sam back anyway.

I love how you ended your story. I have hated that promise since the season five finale. Love Dean's thoughts, 'but now that I'm not bound by a stupid promise that never should have been made, it's time to get my brother out of that cage and back where he belongs.'

You may think this is short, but you said a lot and I'm going to hope this is what Dean was thinking.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Phx chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
You made a lot of people very happy tonight with this this foray into Dean's mind. And I think you hit it directly on the head with what Dean has to be thinking as he listens to Sam at the end of episode. Or at least I hope this is how Dean is supposed to be feeling because, it is bad enough that we don't have our Sammy, if we've lost Dean too? Well... waahhh!

Loved the furious protectiveness of his thoughts. And the animosity towards this faux Sam. Loved Dean wondering about the state of his little brother's soul. Someone needs too. Waahhh!

Sera, give us our Sammy back NOW!
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Damn well said! Thanks Nicole,.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
It's not quantity but quality that counts, and you said an awful lot with these few words.

The look on Dean's face during Sam's confession broke my heart, and you really captured everything in his expression.

JP is doing a phenomenal job as RoboSam, and JA is his usual stellar self but, like Dean, I can't wait to get Sam back where he belongs.

Fabulous, fabulous job.