Reviews for bravi
carpetinflight chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Wow. Just... wow. This is unbelievably awesome. Great work.
discernibility chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
This was utterly perfect, and I'm adopting it as future-canon.
DameLaffa chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Well... Wow.

I'm usually a little more eloquent, but this was so good I just don't really have anything else to add.

And you said it yourself, dstunned silence is "the only sound in the performing world which is superior to applause".

In short, and even though I probably don't have enough musical knowledge to fully apreciate it, this was amazing.
islay12 chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
this possibly one of the most beautifully well written and put together stories on this site, bravo, che bello
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
i'm crying again...my god, you write so beautifully.
Stigmatized chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
This is just so breathtakingly gorgeous I don't even have the words. Bravo.
Julienne chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
Absolutely brilliant. I teared up, I laughed, I got songs stuck in my head. The use of Senesino and Farinelli was deftly done, and I enjoyed Kurt's growth most of all. And of course Rachel being the Rachel. FABULOUS.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
I really enjoyed this fic. You did a wonderful job descriping both Kurt and Rachel, and I really enjoyed reading this! Great work!
Guest User chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Absolutely stunning.
SVZ chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
This is amazing, I love how piece by piece of the story unfolds so naturally. Hauntingly beautiful. I sincerely hope you continue writing more Glee fics; there needs to be more Kurt and Rachel friendship fics in the world.
sporkyforky chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
i am utterly BLOWN AWAY by this fic. The way you paralleled Kurt to Senesino was wonderful.
chippeddiamond chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Wow. I came here for Kurt/Blaine, and even though it really wasn't present, I'm stunned. This is the first Glee fanfiction I've read that I can honestly say is /good/, is /fantastic/. Kurt's struggle, Rachel's, the way they interacted with each other, it wasn't just typical banter but something moving, that drove the story and the characters' development. I'm not making any sense, I know, but the though amazing is just going through my head and - yeah, amazing. I hope to read more Glee fanfic from you!
mondlering moofoot chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Oh god - achingly, perfectly gorgeous. Everything about this is beautifully nuanced, but it also shows maturity and devastation and yearning so clearly that when I ended this, I needed quiet for a couple of minutes (and you know that's better than immediate applause).

There are so, so many things I adored about this, but here's a list of just three -

1. Santana's appearance in this surprised me because she's so uninvolved with either character, but everything about her here was so in-character, while nailing the pathos of school vs. dreams vs. reality at the same time. And the way she's *haunted* by it is so relevant to both Kurt and Rachel, too; it's wonderfully appropriate, and I love that you used her so well. I don't know why I've always believed she'd become a doctor, but I think you've given me my rationale.

2. Rachel being too much like everyone else to really succeed - that's both familiar (a recognisable, believable fault) and devastating, especially for a character that we've *seen* thrives on being under the spotlight. I enjoy how sparsely you wrote when it came to the actual specifics - there's an ache in the character that persists throughout the story anyway, and I love that you captured that without bringing it too much into the open, and letting it be something that Kurt merely observed. And you nailed her, which I *adore* - she's my favourite character, but she's written too sympathetically sometimes. Maybe using a character so much like her (Kurt) really helps here - the layered conversations and the sharp dissection of her from Kurt's POV really suits her.

3. Your knowledge of the opera is clear and, while adding a lot to the story, doesn't *detract* from it, which is something I really love. It doesn't come off as indulgence or showing off on your part - it just gives both characters another avenue with which to express their feelings and dreams and the technicalities of their career, which suits them just perfectly. I love that because of this you managed to keep from being too melodramatic when it came to the sorry states of their lives - and at the same time, I managed to feel a little ache in my chest throughout this story.

And the way you ended off this story, I couldn't help but pause and just breathe in the brilliance of that *moment* - I definitely think my heart broke a little bit.

Ah! These characters and the beautiful potential this friendship has have never been captured enough to my liking, but you just - nailed it. Perfect. I adored this, absolutely, and I'd say so much more if I had the time or the eloquence for it. Thank you for posting this!
AvocadoEnchilada chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Wow. That was absolutely fantastic. It was beautiful, emotional, and made me tear up quite a bit. :) Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Hali-chan chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Original, creative and well-researched. It was a pleasure to read and I am thouroughly impressed.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »