Reviews for A Different Sort of House Call
LunarCatNinja chapter 12 . 5/24
This story is awesome. I'm so happy to have found a link to it on Tumblr! I wish you luck with your schooling and life, and I shall wait for updates as you get the time and inspiration to write more.
Ambiguous Cake chapter 12 . 5/15
I was on such a roll reading it too! We're getting there and getting nowhere. And going in about twenty circles. I like the zombie idea the best, or like frankenstein. that would have been my suggestion. Clearly reanimated corpse. But hey, i'm no doctor :P I'm liking this a lot so far, keep up the good work!
AnnaAdelmeister chapter 10 . 5/3
This is absolutely fantastic. The writing of the characters is spot-on, the pacing is awesome, and I really want to know what happens next... I really hope this isn't abandoned, because it's great!
dizappearingirl chapter 12 . 3/30
*wanders in 8 months after last update...* Hahah...it's been waaaay too long since this was updated for me to review this...but I just am getting around to looking through the list in my inbox now. Last year was crazy busy. Crazy busy...

ANYWAYS what an intriguing ending...ya know when House gets like that that he has an idea. Even if it doesn't work it should prove interesting! I'm rather excited to see what he does!

And wow big news last chapter (apparently I also didn't review that) about his family coming. Oh man...I dunno what you're gonna do about his parents. That's gonna be intense! Good luck... And what shall Vladdy do? Oh man, so many elements at play right now! I'm pretty excited to see where this will go!

Oh, and Danny just needs to get better *stares at him intensely* At least from whatever mystery illness he has. Mentally, I can totally understand that taking MUCH longer. Yes...

*waits :D*
-Dizgirl
ShadowPillow chapter 12 . 2/8
Sometimes I'm not completely sure if there is something wrong with Danny at all, that maybe it's just what House is doing with the blanket and heat and trying to fix things. Then other times I remember that for some reason he can't change back to human form... but can't that be explained by a lack of energy? But then again, it would usually be the other way around, that he can't do ghostly things when in human form if he's lacking energy. And then there's that whole injury thing... So now, I'm really curious, and hoping you'll update sometime this year XD
unknownMagicalBeast chapter 12 . 1/19
Plz i BEGG of you please continue this
I know you might be in college now and really busy with studies and probably a small job to get you by. But PLEASE UPDATE! I want to know what happens! Thank you. And if you can't just tell me.
Musiclovesbest chapter 12 . 1/4
Please tell me you plan on finishing this. The writing is perfection and the characterizations are so well done that I can hear them talking. I hope you update this soon because it would be upsetting to see such a great fic be left behind.
Please update soon!
Tobymydog chapter 12 . 12/27/2014
Wow, I wouldn't normally review on something as old as this, or that has such random updates- but I think I'll make an exception for this one. This is such an awesome story, even though it is an exceedingly weird crossover and you pulled it off! I mean, Danny Phantom and another cartoon, sure I would expect that, but with House? Mind blown!
AutumnNocturne13 chapter 12 . 12/27/2014
I hope you find the time to update this awesome story! I can't wait for the next chapter! Good job!
Nathari Ishida chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
wow...
DemonsNeedHugs chapter 12 . 10/23/2014
I look forward to the next chapter and pray that it comes soon.
MsFrizzle chapter 12 . 10/14/2014
I apologize that so much time has gone by. I hadn't realized that you had updated. To make up for it, here is a long and fairly critical review. Please don't take offense at this. It is actually a sign of great respect for your story and your writing both of which are quite beyond my meager skills. I found that when I started writing fanfic, I actually craved such reviews and was quite delighted to get more than 'I liked your story' (not that I wasn't happy with those as well). I appreciate how difficult it is to write a story when you don't have someone to bounce ideas off of. In the hopes that this will inspire you to write more, here are some thoughts.

I recently decided to watch House (I've only gotten through the first season so far) and felt like rereading your story. It has the quality, like the best of stories, of sticking in the mind for years and makes us think about it. Now that I've watched some House episodes, I understand it much better. You have done an amazing job of getting the characters down so well. I'd have to say that the story does lean more from the House perspective than from the Danny Phantom one. I am vastly impressed how you managed to blend the two disparate shows with their different tones, moods, and 'workings of the world'.

Getting Vlad involved was brilliant. I wonder about others left behind in Amity Park. What about Sam and Tucker? The massive snow storm keeps them isolated but I am looking forward to Jazz arriving.

This is truly a phantastic story. There are a few things that struck me as inconsistencies but that might be much more of a reflection of my lack of knowledge about hospital procedures.

It seemed to take a long time for them to discover Danny's chest wound and hand burn. I would have thought that his Phantom suit might have been removed when he was admitted. Still, Danny was forced to take it off and it made a dramatic revelation. I've noticed that the show House often seems to do things like this as well so it really isn't inconsistent.

Then there was the matter of his ghostly glow. Even if it was dimmed due to Danny's condition, he aura would probably show up in the low lighting of his hospital room at night.

On a side point, I particularly liked the burn mark that the original accident left on Danny's hand. It makes me want to say: I wish I thought of it. The slow healing is an interesting touch in contrast to his usual quick healing.

AnneriaWing's story focuses on the Angst and Aftermath of having his parents dissect him but Danny in this story does not seem to be overwhelmed by it. Granted, Danny's spent much of his time unconscious, but it hardly seems to get a mention.

I did like how you had House mention when the dissection wounds were discovered that given Danny's lack of vitals, it wasn't beyond the possibility that an amateur might make a mistake. It seems like the type of thing he'd follow up on. Who would be doing a secret autopsy and why? Besides being illegal it might give some clues about the bizarre case.

Vlad is a bit confusing. It is understandable because he is caught between the need to reveal the truth about Danny's condition and his desire to keep his own hidden. But just what he considers vital to keep hidden and important to tell is unclear. He might be trying to throw House off the scent by giving him a blood sample and telling him that the green was environmental and inconsequential but at the same time he seems to be withholding the more critical information about Danny's temperature. I'm also not sure about his reaction to learning about Danny being dissected by his parents. His obsession with Maddie would definitely bring up conflicting emotions. Would Vlad investigate or confront Maddie and Jack?

The point of view may be part it. Mostly it shows us House's perspective in much the same way as the TV show does but other times we actually get a glimpse of Danny's thoughts or even in Vlad's head but it is limited and inconsistent. Almost all the important information is given visually or verbally anyway.

The green stuff in both Vlad and Danny's blood is not the type of thing to be shrugged off. I was also wondering about when Danny's chest wounds broke open and he was bleeding. He wouldn't have been able to make his blood more human and so House and company would already have had a chance to find out about Danny's inhuman blood. Knowing that the Fentons were inventors and involved with weird ghost stuff, House might wonder about exposure to possibly toxic and unusual substances. Too bad Amity Park is too far away for Vlad to send his team to break in an check it out.

I've noticed that many authors have different takes on Danny's human and ghost forms. The show left it very vague so I appreciate the thought you've put into it. It seems that even in ghost form he is physically very human. Some authors give him very alarming stats even in his human form. This point is not entirely moot because House is examining Vlad although that hasn't seem to have put up any red flags. It is the nature of the show that such information can't be fudged as it would be gone over with a fine-toothed comb.

Then there is the whole question of ghosts and how people outside Amity Park view them and if there is any credibility to them now that there seems to be verifiable data confirming the existence of ghosts. You do a good job in the setting by showing that Danny Phantom is a local legend but not taken seriously outside Amity Park. Does FentonWorks have any credibility? How secret is their research? I bet there's a FentonWorks website, published papers (even in less than reputable journals) with the Fenton name on it, or even a Facebook account.

Finally, there is the question of the type of story. All the House stories are mysteries which are solved when the cause for the patient's mysterious illness is discovered. AnneriaWing's story is about character and deals with the issues of cooping after being dissected by his parents and the revelation of his ghostly nature. It was not finished so that also hangs over your story. Even is House figures out what's going on and fixes Danny, there is still the question of how he's going to deal with his parents although it may not even be within the scope of the House story.

I also want to tell you how much I enjoyed this latest chapter. If I didn't mention it before, the witty banter is a lot of fun. The last line was a wonderful one to end on. It has left us with a lot of loose ends for House to unravel so I hope you update soon. This give hope for my own hypocrisy of slow updates and stories left in hiatus.
EnderDragon21 chapter 12 . 10/13/2014
...UPDATE!
I don't really understand the whole thing with the hospital (mainly because I haven't seem the show, or read the book or whatever it is), but I really like it. FOLLOWING!
EnderDragon21 chapter 3 . 10/12/2014
Uhhhh... Vlad? Yeah, I guess it's Vlad. Who else could it be? Skulker? Yeah, right.