Reviews for golden girl
This brought shivers up my spine. Words can't describe how this story made me feel.
coffee-stained lips chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
again, just so breathtakingly beautiful. i am in love with the hunger games, and your writing only makes that love increase tenfold. please keep writing for hunger games, i beg of you.
Qu0thTheRavenNeverm0re chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Ahmygod this is perfection.
baileyandthemonster chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
i love haymitch&maysilee, their story and what you made of it! and your writing is amazing, i really adore it!
iliads chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
This is stunning and all kinds of heartbreaking and you've just left me breathless.

Beautiful work, so well written and you shaped Maysilee so well, and Haymitch was just so true to his character.

Amazing work.
Seph Meadowes chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Beautiful. Tragic. Brilliant. Great job.
thecivilunrest chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I've just got to say that this is absolutely fantastic. Definitely one of the best- if not the best- Hamitch/Maysliee fics that I've ever read. I also like how you mentioned his little 'girlfriend' that SuCo so lovingly gave us in the third book. I like how you didn't ignore that, most Haysilee writers do (myself included).

I love how he thinks of her as copper and gold and all sorts of precious metals. That was a fabulous metaphor and I love how you managed to tie that in with coalmining.

This was utterly fabulous, I am definitely favoriting, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I am going to reccomend this piece to people.

this fic me almost true (fic) love
Number One Fan of Journey chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
This story was one of the best Haymitch's Games fics I've ever read. You did very well in focusing on the romance and the tragedy, and it's nice to see a Game-centric fic that isn't action-based.

Good luck in the awards.

-Number One Fan of Journey

(Judge for Best Representation of a Past Games, Winter 2010 The Hunger Games fic Awards)
Skia9 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Wow. This was a very well written story, although it was short.

I love the way you started it, the first line seemed perfect. It seems to me as if the little 'moments' that you captured would have been the most important if someone told a full and detailed story of the games.

Favorite line? I loved all of them! Because you are moving more quickly than most would, you put your words together in just the right way, each sentence seems... perfect. But if I had to choose, it would have been "He's only sixteen years old when he loses his first love."

Loved it! Keep writing!

-Sky

(Judge for Best Representation of a Past Games, Winter 2010 Hunger Games fic Awards)
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Poor Haymitch! I Agree, though, he probably likes her.
galnkay chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Aww :[ Soooo sad. I love Haymitch and Maysilee though. But its so bittersweet :[

Loved it :]

To be a Sparrow ye gotta fly,

Gal
AnnetheV chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
That was wonderful. Haymitch/Maysilee is such an amazing couple, partly because Maysilee had such a tragic ending.
Rinkya chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Ah, this was simply wonderful. It almost moved me to tears, honestly. Haymitch/Maysilee makes such a lovely pairing and it breaks my heart that they had such a sad ending. D: Well whatever, as unconventional as they are, HayMay is still one of my fave THG couples. Because angsty pairings are incredibly awesome.

Anyway, great job with this fic! Kudos to you!

- Rinkya.