Reviews for The Lights of Piata
GreatLight432 chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Oy, I SO apologize VP! I read this as soon as the email appeared in my box, but was too tired to do anything more than read. And then life happens...you know how it goes.:D

Anywho, excellent fluff. It's not usually my thing, but you made it work quite well...as in, not so much that the story's nauseatingly sweet.

Not much else to say...look forward to your other works!
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Awwww, a sappy romantic story (and, of course, with a hint of underlying tragedy, since we all know Nei's fate and when you also factor in "You Don't Know Me," although I'm not sure whether it makes that story more or less poignant to know that Kain's feelings were requited). I note also that you're also echoing the Rolf-and-Anna bits that you're developing over in "Princess Anastasia"; I really enjoy that you're adding these stories together into a unified whole, in essence providing the character-development/story moments that we'd get if PSII had been released in the post-Final Fantasy VII era.

As for the pairing itself, I like how Nei's childlike nature plays well off Kain's rough edges and lack of refinement; they're both on the outside looking in compared to characters like Shir, Rolf, Hugh, and Amy. The discussion over "tuxedo," where Nei doesn't know the word and Kain can't say it right was hilarious. And the sweet, fluffy scenes were sweet and fluffy-your description of Kain's reactions really feel very "first love"-like (even though we know Nei is hardly Kain's first relationship); there's an innocence to it that matches Nei's own feelings (and contrasts well with "Warming Up," where Rudo and Amy definitely acknowledge and appreciate the sexual element of their feelings). All in all, a sweet little one-shot.
Black Sword chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Certainly a sappy little story! Kain was as nervous as I expected him to be, though I did enjoy how he called BS on the usual "impress the girl" antics.

P.S. You should never confess to plot devices! It's all just as planned!
tilinelson2 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Terrific! I liked very much the description of Kain's worries. It really looks like the first meeting of a guy with a girl who has never dated anyone before. His fears, his careful and unnatural approach... perfect.

I wish I could write so well "light" stories like this one :p

I'm always happy to read some new Phantasy Star fanfics by you. I hope you always find the time between intervals of your big project (which is great too :D )