Reviews for A Kiss is But a Kiss
Biancachu chapter 1 . 2/20
I love fics like this. You showed that Kurt was afraid perfectly and Karofsky's actions were scary.
SiderumInCaelo chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
This captures the Kurt-Karofsky dynamic so well. I consider this canon; remember Kurt saying "You don't know what he's capable of" in Furt? Also, well done for bringing up the parallels with Kurt's crush on Finn - it somehow makes the whole thing even creepier.
ShipWithFervor chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
This, this is one of the main reasons for Kurt being scared out of his wit that I couldn't understand why no one else pointed out (and also my main reason for not shipping kurtofsky). You really portrayed Kurt's thoughts incredibly well and it just shows exactly why he was so frozen up by the kiss.
emmaplodocus chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
This was really good, it was well written and touching and you showed Kurt's train of thought really well :)
SerenadeInTheMoonlight chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Man, you really like to torment Kurt. Amazing story!
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Well done, capturing Kurt's acute awarenss of the sexual threat in Karofsky's behaviour, even his apparently non-sexual behaviour that no one else notices. Also kudos for bringing up that Kurt might have welcomed a secret crush manifesting itself as bullying if it had coem from someone he liked, like Finn.
miikkuli chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Yay! I think this story captures all Kurt's reasons for transferring to Dolton! And I find it odd that there aren't more fics about this.
Aiyana Juniper chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
This is awesome, and I'm glad I stumbled across this. Kurt's emotions and reaction to Karofsky was believable and I was actually a bit scared myself while reading. I'm excited to see where you take this unless you intended it to be one chapter. (Hopefully not!) -Take care! :)
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
You've done an amazing job with this! You show how truly terrified Kurt is, putting into words Kurt's darkest fears. I honestly think the violently sexual undertones is one of the things Kurt fears the most in the episodes, and that's why he's gotten so quiet and scared about the bullying now, when before he just toughed it out.
Sarina chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Congratulations on being sane. I mean, lord, has nobody seen Kurt's tormented face when this jackass plays the bully version of hot/cold. I think most of the shippers must be yaoi fangirls. I tried that genre a while back, but couldn't stand it because every manga I read started with a jackass raping a good-natured boy followed by good-natured boy healing jackass' soul. WTF?

Anyway, my favorite part was the whole "you smell nice" bit. (Shudder) Talk about creepy.
Swing Girl At Heart chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Handlebar chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Assholes! Assholes everywhere! I dug this, a lot. I think you got a good sense of what's going on in Kurt's mind, or at least it's one way of looking at it. Whichever it is, I really like it.

Keeeeep the juices pumpin'.
ApplePie777 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
That was really very good (as usual ;D).

I'm glad you recognized the intense creepiness of Karosksy um...lusting after Kurt and still not stopping the violence. It really scared me that Kurt couldn't tell anyone and no one seemed to notice the bullying. It's appalling how lightly they seem to take that in McKinley.

And I'm also glad you are sane enough not to jump on the Kurt/Karofsky train. Yes, people have. It's unbelievable. Just because Karofsky apparently had sexual feeling for Kurt doesn't make him a better person. If anything, it makes him worse and more scary.

/rant ;D

vibe chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
! good story. keep up more works on the pairing.
b-mystique chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Exceptional 've captured the torment and anguish with both 's introspection was so real and true.I love the psychological connotations of this piece,how you weaved in socio-cultural perceptions of sexuality and sexual you subtly touched on the grey area of it job:-D