Reviews for Unlucky Star
kuzunoha chapter 7 . 10/19
this is very funny and awesome. i just find this fic and i think its great
thanks for make this story
Tk Macintosh chapter 7 . 9/1
Glorious. Amazingly and beautifully fucking glorious.

I love EVERYTHING about this fic and the fun it's going to bring. There is very little, if ANYTHING, I can say about this fic that bothers me.

All I want is more of this beautiful beast. I don't mind having to wait for the next update, no matter how long it takes.

I also can't wait to see how wonderful the whole "Touma is a Host Club member" bit will go.

Also congrats on getting past your rough patch in life and I wish you all the best in the future! Welcome back dude!
Mr. Self-Deprecation chapter 7 . 8/21
This is great. You are great. Laughing my ass off the whole way through. Looking forward to the next chapter, whenever that may be.
turbo tino chapter 6 . 8/21
Fuckin sweet dude. Never in my wildest dreams did I think you would update. Holy shit I was so surprised when I saw this. Like wow, this is honestly out of left field. I'm glad you updated, and this was an awesome chapter. Keep up the good work!
Satire Swift chapter 7 . 8/12
Had to reread the whole story when I saw this updated. I regret nothing.

Let this most excellent journey to Bro-ness continue!
delax chapter 7 . 8/10
Glad you're in a stabler spot nowadays, life comes up hard sometimes.
Also impressed that you're still steadily making progress on this, I find writing long fics super intimidating.

But you reminded me of how much I freaking love Raildex, maybe I need to rewatch it again!
(Then read fanfic to get actual shipping because that always gets left at the wayside in raildex canon...)
The goofiness of this fic pleases me (also the tastes of shipping), I'll be here when you write more.
:D
Grey Field chapter 7 . 8/7
The bros of this most bro-ful saga of bro-ness continue there bro quest in eternal bro-ship. Yay. Seriously I'm glad you're finally continuing this, and have gotten your life back in order. Good luck.
Triple Zed chapter 7 . 8/6
I had always regarded this story as this fandom secret treasure. It's good to see you back!

Now here's something on writing perfectionism I want to share with you. I recently wrote a strategic report for my job. I ended up rewriting it thirteen times (I had version numbers) before I showed it to my boss. And I still felt it wasn't perfect. The boss didn't read it because he wanted it in bullet points! Surprisingly enough though, in two versions I felt really good about the report and finally was able to hand it in. You can be really close to something good and not notice it. It took me 2-3 weeks of dedicated effort (we're talking 8 hour weekdays) to write "eight" (with emphasis on the result: the real amount of pages I wrote was probably well in the double digits range) pages with a "wham!" factor.

So a reasonable estimate was that I spent 120 hours making this report. If you as a hobby for 8 hours on weekends and for 2 hours every week day, you'd take ~5 weeks. That's more than enough time for anyone to start thinking they're working like a snail, even though they're doing better work than anyone else. The Dunning-Kruger effect is pure evil. To make it even worse, life always ensures that you are surrounded by people who are even smarter than you (making the illusion even more convincing).

Update your version number whenever you have made a significant change and you'll see how hard you're working. Destroy that illusion of yours! Writing a fic is very much like writing a report. You don't know what you want to write, so you discover what you want to write as you go along. But even though you didn't have the time to be careful, you actually knew what you were doing for this one. You kept your focus on the one event of building the Toaru Host Club. This means this chapter is modular, so you can change any particular detail without creating a mess in your story line. So even if you need to change plot elements that you didn't have time to throw in, it's easy. That's good structure and indicates you have a good high level approach to writing.

Even though you have to gut pages of stuff you put hours and days into discovering, that's what you have to do if you're driven to be really good. I have a 20 page fanfic that I haven't posted because I've rewritten it at least four times.

Cheers
Triple Zed
anand891996 chapter 4 . 8/5
I noticed the date tags... no wonder I hadn't come across this before. Bro. you rock. I haven't laughed this hard since reading Professor Arc from the RWBY fandom
anand891996 chapter 3 . 8/5
the nosebleed explanation. oh god, I am dying here
anand891996 chapter 1 . 8/5
OK, can't stop laughing. just. Huff. can't. huff. stop. huff. laughing
anand891996 chapter 2 . 8/5
this is brilliant! oh lol, (SPOILER ALERT), Uiharu, the tentacle monster
RandomReview chapter 7 . 8/3
IT LIVES! And you didnt even miss a beat! Looking forward to the host club shenanigans as well as Touma's yandere.
Disciple2 chapter 7 . 8/3
Welcome back man,
you made my day in work lot less boring
;)
Anonymous chapter 7 . 8/2
Dude, i can't believe your back. I read this story all the way back in 2012. Holy shit man, talk about a hiatus. Anyway I'm much the same as you with the whole "writers fear" thing. It keeps me from writing anything at all. Anyway I hope to see more updates soon because this story is hilarious. Hopefully I wont have to wait 5 years for the next update lol.