Reviews for Their Law
just bob chapter 7 . 11/24/2012
Coming back to this fic after a while, and I like this chapter. The whole story has a definite 'feel', a consistency of tone which is impressively professional. It's all to easy to let a piece of writing carry you, and lose your original conception for what it ought to 'sound' like. Keep it up!
Reignashii chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
This is an awesome story! for some reason I always find it hard to find an interesting Final Fantasy 8 fic with a Squall/Rinoa pairing. I really like this story! I look forward to seeing where this story goes and ends! I look forward to the next chapter!
gleamfang chapter 6 . 8/15/2012
Genius line by the way from Quistis (it's now 1-0 against Seifer)! I kind of feel apprehensive about going to the next chapter now because it's the last one for now. I really like where all this is going and it really is canon and AU all at the same time. It's a super rare treat and I would really like to see this story through!

Cheers
Keep Writing
gleamfang chapter 4 . 8/15/2012
I actually find it pretty cool. Rinoa's "google-search" ability...It brings some sort of futuristic twist to her being "sorceress"
Poor Alice chapter 7 . 8/15/2012
This was a pretty random update, & I'm so glad it came! I totally thought you abandoned this story. Hopefully you do put up new chapters regularly now because I love this story...& I can't wait for the romance between Rinoa & Squall to bloom (sorry I'm a sucker for romance) but yeah, that'd be nice. I also love how you incorporate all this sci-fi into there. It's obviously very thorough & well thought-out. So, please continue w/ this story! (:
cheerlygal chapter 6 . 11/20/2011
Oh, it seems that the plot is getting deeper with Seifer Almasy makes his first appearance in a verbal showdown with Squall! lol.

While Seifer did not seems to know what he is after, I sense that he may be on a good side. Hmm...and well...do I sense a Quistis/Seifer pairing here as well? Or I am thinking too much? lol

It seems to me that while Squall may not like it, he may needs Seifer help in one way or the other, hmmm. In the meantime, I will like to see what happen to Rinoa.

Seeya!
jade destiny chapter 6 . 11/18/2011
Wow, I like this story. The concept and plot line is very different and thus, very interesting. I just see that updates are very infrequent and that would be the only thing I wish was a little better. However, I am willing to wait since the story is good. I just hope you update more often in the future.
just bob chapter 5 . 9/8/2011
Again, I was interrupted halfway through this chapter, and it's probably skewed my reaction to it. I stopped just before they entered the bloodbath room; it may be because I had that disconnect, but the scene didn't quite have the visceral impact it seems it should have. I don't know, I just wasn't quite *feeling* it. The scene was described, the reactions were described, but it was all a bit clinical. Maybe it needed a couple of metaphors or something, to spark the imagination.

I know you've not really done this kind of scene many times before, so I'm sure you'll get better at it with practice... :)
cheerlygal chapter 5 . 9/2/2011
An update for TL! Looks like this is the most interesting so farXD

For the gore part, I am all right with me (maybe because I play too much Resident Evil and watch some of the horror movies that the scene play in my mind looks like child play, lol)

But one thing for sure, seems like the gang have a extra 'baggage' on their hand and the lives going to be more interesting.

As for Squall and his belts, hmm...makes me recall the others. I can only recall Quistis having one, and maybe Selphie too. But it is interesting nevertheless:) Never know that having many belts served as a symbol of status. lol

And not to mention, Rinoa reminds me of a game character in Magna Carta(not sure if u had play the game b4, it has a sad ploy:( ) where the female lead lose her memories and tend to speak things without much common sense at times.

I guess this came to mind when Rinoa mention about something obvious, lol

But looks like not only the gang had to deal with her, Rinoa also needs to deal with herself and her other 'personality'. Hopefully...it can be eh..cured? Nevertheless, the story is geting more exciting as it goes!

Look forward for ur next update!
just bob chapter 4 . 5/30/2011
Right, it took me a few sittings to get the time to read this chapter, so I'm not a bit fuzzy on the early parts. I like the last bit, though.

One thing that kinda leapt out at me: about halfway through, Squall used the word "Bollocks". Until then, I imagined all of them with American accents, like in Kingdom Hearts, but that's a very British swear word. It rather threw me. I tried switching to Guy Ritchie style cockney accents, but it didn't seem right. What accent do you imagine them all speaking in?
cheerlygal chapter 4 . 5/26/2011
Somehow, Rinoa will not be returned to Caraway safely or something sure will happen. After all, I feel that if she was was returned to him without any problems, there will not any story, lol

Back to the point, I am not surprised that Squall thought that Rinoa was a android since the way u descibe it in the first chapter makes her sound like one. In fact, I was thinking that u want to do a side story of romance between a human and an android, which makes me wonder how it could work, lol

But somehow, this cyborg stuff will actually makes things...interesting. Rinoa will have some sort of split personility. One that is her former carefree self and the other, computer operated (like in the last parargraph)

This is the story that I really wonder how it goes next. Not much clues are given and I was surprised at some point, lol. I believe it will get better and better:)

Off I go to the next story!
Takan chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Yo, it's late o clock again and I figured I might as well reply yo chapter 1 now whilst i can sill remember it :P

First of all: HO DAMN YOU CAN WRITE O_O! Jeeeez...I feel ever so slightly mildly intimidated O_O. I know crap all about this fandom but you're making me warm to it already. Your writing just flows so easily (recognised that fight passage btw ;D) The plot is fast moving yet not rushed, and I actually understand where this is coming from in terms of concept - I dunno, how canonical this is or not, but yeah!

This is awesome stuff! I'd read more except even now by vision is going fuzzy from sleep deprivation. Damn it, I wanna write like you _ Laters ;D
just bob chapter 3 . 3/5/2011
Okay, finally getting round to reviewing this chapter.

Firstly, I noticed a few typos creeping in, especially in the first half. Keep an eye on that, I suppose.

As for the actual content, that was fine. I'm glad you got to put in some social commentary stuff with Zell's situation. It's sort of what one expects from this kind of story and, if done well, it can have a fantastic impact.

Keep writing.

Bobby
cheerlygal chapter 3 . 2/18/2011
Zell's plight reflect the way how society works. Some people turn to crime by choice while some due to needs, like Zell. I can always see Zell as a filal son all along:) Just hope that his Ma will not get to find out what he did...

And my guess was correct all along! Hehe, on a serious note, I am curious at how or why Rinoa was picked as an experiment. At the same time, what did the experiement do to her.

But on the other hand, I really better off not knowing what happen to her when they 'switch' her on and off like a toy. From her description of them, oh well, I really don't want to think. Silly I know but somehow I know is something really bad. Of course though, if it is really vital to the plot like they used her as some sort of killer, I am fine with it. But the more finer details of how they 'play'...I don't think I want to know:p

But of course, I still read in inregardless. Just my personal preferences. Poor Rinoa, bing subjected to the experiemnt and force to become part human part machine. But it seems to be a very interesting concept for the Squall/Rinoa concept:) Something I never read before. Good thing that she already have a good impression of him:) I am looking forward on how you do their romance:)

The DLC outfit for Squall is his KH1 outfit. Looks kind of werid to me, compared to his other alt clothes. If up to me, I will choose the third one...hehe, thats hot:) His DLC outfits looks as if the developer cut and paste the KH outfit into his Dissidia character facial design rather then adjust a bit to be more fitting. Afterall, his character design in KH is somehow different compared to Dissidia(at least to me) Somehow I know I will not go for thatXP

Ok then, now I am awaiting for the next update of any one of ur four stories(FOM preferred:P). It is hard juggling four stories as well as real life job...so...take your time:) Till the next update then:)
saya chapter 3 . 2/16/2011
this story is good! Love the plot and pace is just right- neither slow or fast. Keep up the good work! can't wait to read your next chapter!