Reviews for Depth Perception
loveaustralia chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Genesis is such a self centered man, but also so beautiful and tragic that he is perfect redemption material because we all want to see someone with such potential be saved.

Tracyboo
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
"Sephiroth shied away from beautiful things, like a nervous animal, fearful that by mere proximity he would tarnish them with the taint of blood and hardship that had leeched away of joy of simply living for him." This one sentence was probably my favorite part of the whole tale, it seemed really insightful to me. As for the rest of it, good contrast between how Genesis hoards things of beauty for himself while Zack just wants to share them. The ending where Genesis opens up a little more and sees more value in people was quite tender.
Writer Chica chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Lovely! Absolutely lovely!
The Jasper Raven chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Really nice prose; very elegant and totally suitable for a character like Genesis, who you portrayed spot on, by the way. The first line was my favorite where he "considered himself a connoisseur of all that was beautiful and inspired." That was so Gen. X)

I also really like the brief description of Sephiroth's relationship with beautiful things. That was a cute simile: "Sephiroth shied away from beautiful things like a nervous animal."

I also liked the transition in Genesis's demeanor; he starts out very self-involved and then softens until he's more aware of things beyond himself.

It was a very sweet fic. Good job! :)

~SZ
BloodyRoses chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
I liked :) You captured Genesis' personality very well. His mindset was above all else that of an artist. You even included the ever present jealousy that was always lurking beneath the surface. It's ironic that someone who so appreciated beauty would allow envy to spoil his own.
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
This is very interesting. The contrast of Genesis with Angeal and Sephiroth is depicted well. Sephiroth's actions and beliefs around beauty were sad to read, but sounded quite IC. I think you showed all of their thoughts on beauty splendidly.

Zack is awesome here, cheerful and friendly without being exasperating. I like how Genesis comes to change his views when he sees Zack with the flower and then meets Aerith. Zack wanting to show the flowers and church to Genesis is really cute and squee.

Of course, there is a canon discrepancy in that Genesis was long gone from SOLDIER before Zack ever met Aerith, but that is easily overlooked because the story is so engaging and enjoyable.
The Azul Soul Lilly chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Oh my god, I absolutely loved it!
Kibasgirltsumi chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Very nice! i love all the description to detail and creative vocab. you should write more oneshots like this :D