Reviews for Not Just Going Through the Hand Motions
thewarpedmind1 chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
Your banter is spot on :)
Cihuacoatl chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
I enjoyed this! Thanks for sharing :-)
Effie17 chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
I really enjoyed this story.
Karin chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I wish you wrote for the show. Enjoyed every word! Thank you!
cytpotter chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
I think you did a wonderful job of explaining how Steve 'listen's to Danny! :) Great job!
The Black Rose16 chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Very Good story
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Great little vignettes...I think my favorite one was where Danny understood the planned raid better because Steve used hand gestures! LOL!
Belphegor chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
Sort of came in by way of "Give My Gun Away" and I'm certainly not regretting it :o) I love this story. I love how you build it, little by little, using bits and moments from episodes or in-between - things we don't get to see - all the while following the thread of expressive hand gestures and making good of it :o) The result is a mix of funny, poignant (what's great about the built-up stress on hands is that it becomes heart-wrenching to see these hands cold and limp on the ground - great imagery), day-to-day AND exceptional. All the while keeping everybody perfectly in-character. And you're right, there can never be enough Steve and Danny fic out there, especially if it's so well written :o)

Bravo! That was a really great read :o]
Maverick88 chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Well what can I say, you did it again. Many people on (for example) IMDB seem annoyed by Danny's hand gestures but I love it. Also because I do it as well. So ofcourse I'm biased. Anyway, this was such a sweet story without going all cliche. I'm grinning like an idiot over here and my mom is looking at me with that what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you face.
parallelpandora chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
I loved this story! It was so good. My favorite line:

"You had him analyze my unhealthy obsession with New Jersey." Hahaha LOL :)
Maz101 chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Don't know why I hadn't seen this one before but now that I have I had to congratulate you.

The use of the hand gestures to tell such great stories and colour these characters and their relationship is done so very well.

Such great writing - you find such detail and each detail says something. Steve's changing POV of all those gestures - what each means, how they work, and indeed your cleverness in their description (so many gestures but no repetitions in your writing of them)- combined with Danny's own awareness of them, gives a real feeling of development.
Red Tigress chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Wow, you were amazing at capturing the conversations with the hands. I'm hard pressed to recall an instance where I've seen little physical motions described with such detail. Bravo! This was fantastic. And the whump was good too. ;)
Rivana chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Aww... that's sweet.
FlapperFinzNoNames10201303 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
You know, I don't even watch this show. But I laughed every place where it was hilarious, and my heart jumped when Steve started using hand motions too, and it clenched when Danny got shot. I *LOVE* (Oh my god, they are so funny and the bromance is adorable) these characters just by reading these fanfictions. And yours, yours was fantastic. :) Nayah
LockBox22 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
nice. i really liked this one. the characters were written well and your style is easy to follow.