Reviews for Not Just Going Through the Hand Motions
ensignRo chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
WOW,that was amazing. Loved every bit of it!
Marluciel chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
AHHH I LOVED THIS SO MUCH. I love your Steve/Danno interactions. They're so perfect. I just adore them/this/you :D
roantimothy chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
wow, another fantastic story of friendship and character study. you've got these guys in your heart and in your words. thank you, thank you very much!

linda
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
This was a great story...Danno's hand gestures are hilarious. I live in the Northeast, and we use a lot of hand gestures here, too! Hehehehe!
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Oh, I think this is my favorite McDanno story of yours. So many wonderful tidbits of that awesome partnership, especially with all the great things we've gotten in the show.

Danno and his hands going like propellers. It is funny, isn't it? I guess it's the Jersey in him. But I do love the way you describe the meanings behind the movement in such a flowing manner. And you tempered Danno's rants with moments of understanding. I think a lot of writers in this fandom forget that even though we love Danno's snark, he doesn't pend every moment with Steve ranting and raving.

This is fabulous from McGarrett's POV too. You've got his voice down pat, BTW. It always amuses me how McGarrett can go from an army of one, to being intensely worried about Danny, yet not totally compromising his own beliefs.

I know a lot of readers like Steve!whump, but for some reason, I prefer Danno being the one who gets hurt and Steve has to save the day. I guess McGarrett is always going to be a somewhat-superman to me. But you dealt him a few blows too, and it's always nice for Danno to do his mother hen routine.

Also, thank you for touching on Danno's homesickness. I wonder if McGarrett ever worries about Danno wanting to leave? I know it's not a possibility b/c of the daughter, but still. Danno being happy on the island has to weigh on his mind a bit.

Anyway, enough of my rambles. this is fantastic and I can't wait for more from you!
goblz chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
This fic is great! It's an excellent treatment on their friendship and their partnership, and I thought you had the voices of both characters nailed. Excellent job! I enjoyed this a lot, and I loved that you whumped them both a lot, haha. Will be rereading this a lot!
Sotobow chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Aw, I really liked this! I'm SO into the show now. I didn't like anyone but Danny at first (and Steve was funny with Danny, but not otherwise), but now the rest of them are pretty okay. Although Steve and Danny rock! In Entertainment Weekly, they said they liked their "shameless flirting," which is so what they do! Lol! Man-flirting, that is. They crack me up.

I think you captured their weird, funny friendship and partnership really well. You also got their voices down great, which I imagine isn't an easy thing to do. I though the end was sweet, with Steve worrying and Danny thinking he was out of the partnership.

Great story!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
LOVELY story about the evolution of the partnership between Steve and Danny using Danny's gesticulations as a language that forms between them, that Steve learns to communicate and "read" Danny through them. I JUST LOVED it! Of course, I especially loved the hurt/comfort when Danny is shot. You'll laugh because this is silly and you have to know that I got why it had to be this way, but I wished Danny hadn't been unconscious the whole time. Hahaha! I wished there was a little more pain and suffering on his part, but you portrayed his anxiety at waking up in the hospital and Steve's ability to calm with a touch and a presence AWESOMELY! My favorite Danny scene was when he showed Steve that he had everything under control after Steve was shot by Hesse. Magic!

Fave Parts:

Danny made a face, throwing his hands up in something resembling indignation. "Believe it or not, I was a cop before you came into my life," he said. He gestured to himself. "I am perfectly capable of securing a scene and processing witnesses."

It wasn't necessarily in Steve's nature to trust other people with important things, but Danny hadn't let him down, and the pain was building slowly, ebbing his energy more with each passing second.

Danny's hands flitted toward him, not quite touching. "Just. Take it easy," he said. He made a sweeping motion back to the crime scene. "I got this, okay?"

-LOVED THIS!

Because Danny used a lot of words, but he said more of what really mattered with his hands. Steve just had to learn to listen.

- Perfect!

Danny nodded. "You used hand gestures to explain your plan."

Steve sighed, his exasperation rising. "Danny, I don't see-"

Danny held his hands out apologetically. "I liked it!" he insisted. His hands flitted, a little shy. "It really helped make your point."

Steve stared at him, looking for some ulterior motive.

-HILARIOUS!

Danny shrugged a little. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry," he said, and his eyes skittered away, hands fidgeting helplessly in his pockets. "You were right about this case, and if I'd seen it sooner-"

Steve shook his head, lifting one hand with a small wave. "You were just doing your job."

One hand came out of his pocket, extended for a moment in front of him. "No, my job is to have your back," Danny said. The hand lifted, flitting through the air. "I let my bias cloud my judgment and wasn't there to back you up when you needed it."

- I LOVED that Danny is not above admitting that he made a mistake and his humility makes him vulnerable in the best ways.

"You got shot," he explained simply. "Barrett was at her house. Saw us coming and fired when you rang the bell."

Danny's eyes flickered down Steve's body, one hand motioning toward him weakly.

Steve rolled his eyes. "I'm fine," he said. "Just tired. These chairs aren't made for sleeping."

Danny's brow creased in disapproval, before his eyes widened again. His fingers pulled at the blanket just a little, and Steve understood.

-BEST moment ever! I LOVED that Danny asked if Steve was all right and Steve understood!

"I'm not going anywhere," Steve continued, and his hand reached out instinctually, gripping the metal railing on Danny's bed and willing his partner to not just hear, but listen. "I'm right here."

-*sigh!

Great job! I thoroughly enjoyed the read.
beyondtired chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Unhealthy obsession with New Jersey - too funny. I agree, there can never be enough Steve and Danny fic. So loved this story. Love it when you and geminigrl11 squee and brainstorm together. Got 2 awesome stories out of it!
akaStoryteller chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Another great story. You're so right about Danny talking with his hands.
ponyperson chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Great story. I love your stuff and have read most of it. My only real complaint- they rang the doorbell and then stood IN FRONT of the door? And this with someone who was known to be a little shady? I'm a police officer, and even when I am SURE the person I am dealing with is a good guy, I never stand in front of a door. Its a basic thing taught in cop school... Well, that's my only complaint. Other then that I loved the story and love your work, and I'll just go with the idea that they both had a brief brain malfunction upon approaching the door (even if there are walls on both sides of the door I knock then leave and approach again only when safe). They're allowed to make mistakes I guess.

Can't wait for your next story!
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Great job! I never really took notice of the hand motions until now, it's so true! Once again, Steve and Danny were completely in character! And I liked the hurt/comfort! Fabulous oneshot, can't wait to see what you write next! :)
ReluctantSlashFan chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
I liked this very much. I have been known to talk with my hands, too. Or that's what people tell me, anyway.

Anyway, nice job once again

bye
Ice Cube1 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Having read most, if not all, of your SPN stories, I can't tell you how glad I am that you've fallen for this new series as well. Especially in the early goings of the show where there isn't all that much in the way of quality non-slash fic yet. Each one of your stories has been excellent an well in-character. This one is no exception. The relationship that these two have cultivated in the first half of this season is rife with unspoken acknowlegements and growth and you've captured the evolution of that perfectly in this story. Definitely looking forward to whichever plot bunny attacks you next.

Cube
kimber1461 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Wonderful story! Very moving, and so like them. Great job!
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »