Reviews for From the Flame to the Spark
Shel21 chapter 1 . 2/9
Ok I love it
qwerty19 chapter 4 . 1/31
GinnyThis isn’t the first time I’ve killed.”
SiriusYou’re a ten-your-old child, but I expect nothing less.”
Amazing
qwerty19 chapter 3 . 1/31
I know that I'm supposed to be questioning what the hell is going on, but the Luna scene was just so PERFECT, and I can't get over it
qwerty19 chapter 2 . 1/31
It is SO refreshing to read their meeting like this. Harry doesn't instantly fall in love with this stranger, though he definitely feels grateful/warm due to this helpfulness/affection that he had never experienced before. Ginny (understandably) couldn't stop herself from hugging him, but she didn't try to flirt with this eleven year old. Still, she made an excellent impression, and Harry isn't likely to forget her anytime soon.

In other words, good job.
qwerty19 chapter 1 . 1/31
"Okay, sure, why not."
Perfect.
Sometimes, that's all a time travel fic needs, and I feel that it's in character for Sirius (at this point in his life) to accept that this patronus-wielding ten-year-old child that knows everything about him and has Peter Pettigrew is indeed a time traveler, because why the fuck wouldn't she be?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this so far. I know that this is likely abandoned, but I don't want to put any pressure on you to finish it. I just want you to know that I'm looking forward to reading this.
Seraphix chapter 17 . 1/15
I'm sorry but the clip at the end of Riley - what - I'm dying.
TheRealisticOptimist chapter 19 . 8/24/2021
Just finished reading, and I enjoyed it! I love the sub-genre of Harry Potter time travel fics, but it is very overdone and repetitive, but this is refreshingly unique! I love the twist that Riley added, and Ginny's approach to time travel was believable and unique!

Since it's been 8 years since you updated I'm assuming this won't be finished, but I am still glad I read it! You're a great writer, and I'll definitely be checking out the rest of your fics!
macdjord chapter 19 . 8/23/2021
Just finished rereading this. Awesome story, hope you come back to it some day!
TheRealisticOptimist chapter 11 . 8/23/2021
Awww, Riley's parents are so sweet - so completely protective of and loyal to their son even without remembering him. Also they're freaking out and it's almost funny - who wouldn't freak out if they suddenly found out they have a son with superpowers?

Also Harry and Dumbledore were wonderfully in character! I could totally see that scene fitting right in in J.K. Rowling's own books!
TheRealisticOptimist chapter 10 . 8/23/2021
I love Riley! He adds such a unique piece to this story, and I'm really curious to see how you tie him into the rest of the plot. I also was nearly crying for him here - I am probably more invested by his story than I am by Ginny's, and I hope everything works out okay for him!
Corwyn chapter 19 . 4/6/2021
I'm loving this story so far, and I do hope you get a chance to get back to it. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Guest chapter 18 . 12/8/2020
Not a crossover omg yes it is a crossover u like teen titanssss
harry batman chapter 19 . 4/15/2020
its good but i dont like the crossover
Worldmaker chapter 10 . 11/24/2019
Riley might be "important to the story" in your opinion, but I've found that utterly ignoring the sections of the story Riley is in make it a much better story.
Herofire chapter 19 . 10/31/2019
...
This is a weird story.
It's not bad. I rather like it, actually. I think the time travels parts are done fairly well, and I like how Ginny's "screw the timeline, I'm a time traveler!" attitude is causing problems, even as it fixes a lot of them, and she is in general really fun to read.
Then there's the crossover elements.
...
What.
I'm not a huge fan of them, because they don't seem to be all that relevant to the main story, but they're still not bad. They're just weird.
Like, really, really weird.
Ah well. Still worth a read.