Reviews for From the Flame to the Spark
Johnnyseattle chapter 12 . 6/9/2011
I really like this. Good characterization, keeping everyone likeable, powerful but not too powerful mary sue, and as good a version of Sirius as I've seen anywhere. Keep it up, update soon, and all that. And thanks for your work. :)
Less Wrong chapter 4 . 5/15/2011
Determinator Ginny. Nice.
EagleVision1999 chapter 12 . 5/13/2011
Well, I'd say this is a well-written Peggy-Sue fic with a decent plot. I'm actually very curious how it will continue.

I'd still wish you'd address the two plot holes soon. How she could apparate inside Hogwarts and more importantly, why she doesn't have the trace on her. That her underage magic doesn't get detected without any explanation really bugs me. I don't really know how to fix it either. I'd say the first plot hole could be fixed if you made it so that she doesn't apparate until she's well nto the secret passage, because then you could say she's already left Hogwarts wards despite not having reached Honey Dukes.

Anyway, aside from that I'd say you write Ginny quite interesting. Not much OOC, strong but not perfect. What makes her character interesting here is that she acts quite rash, changing fast and being really great at makng plans, yet also quite careless at times and not thinking through all the consequences her meddling could cause. Stuff like that keeps her from being too perfect despite her knowledge and strenght.
Judah chapter 2 . 5/13/2011
She can apparate and cast tons of high powered magic at only 10, so I guess no age based limit on magical powers or tracking. Also, no opposition to any of her plans, no dementors in the wizarding prison, no guards, 'Ok, sure, why not', etc...

Chapter two is fluff. Feels like a Mary Sue to me.
Puidwen chapter 12 . 5/12/2011
great story.
Duke Of Deming chapter 12 . 5/12/2011
Wow, All I can say. Easy to forget that J.K. Rowling didn't write this. amazing. I can see many flaws in the story ending HOWEVER I have no doubt you thought of them! please continue writing AND DO IT FAST I want to know the ENDING! amazing bro. I'm a little unhappy with the killing of kreacher and severous and the fact that Ginny committed such a gruesome I'll take it. good story none the less. Cant wait for the rest of it!
Sean Mulligan chapter 12 . 5/11/2011
This is a great story. Has the ministry found out that Sirius isn't in Azkaban yet?
AngusH chapter 12 . 5/5/2011
Great story, I'm really enjoying it.

I like this version of Ginny, she's great.

Also the story is the right balance, not too angst, while still remembering what she lost.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter very much.

(And still most curious about Riley)
DukeBrymin chapter 12 . 5/5/2011
Very enjoyable chapter. I really liked both the Twins' coming up with a way to get the diary, and especially Ginny's subtle campaign to get Harry used to her touching him. Very nice.
jediprankster chapter 12 . 5/3/2011
Another great chapter. I loved the twins' solution to the passphrase problem. Genius in its simplicity.

You know, I hadn't actually noticed the Fred and George from different character POV thing. Although it could be due to the long wait since the last chapter. In spite of not remembering it, I like it. What will Ginny say when they inevitably ask her how she can tell them apart? Fred's prettier? And yes, I did blatantly steal that from the film 'Serenity.' I think it is a common fanfiction thing that Ginny is the only one who can tell them apart.

One notable exception is 'Phantom Limb' by rbackwards. In this one, Harry has spent the last eighteen or more years being repeatedly memory charmed. His thought processes are a bit disjointed and random, but this allows him to see things that others can't, or in ways that others don't. Sort of a very well-written mentally disturbed version of Luna Lovegood. If you haven't read it, (and can wade through the random and disjointed nature of Harry's retelling of the story) I highly recommend it. I recommend reading it when no one in the house is sleeping. There are many moments that made me laugh out loud... very loud. And it is very hard for the written word to make me laugh out loud. And that story does it on a regular basis.

I didn't mean for this review to turn into an advertisement for another story, but there you have it. I am very interested in seeing where you are taking this story from here.
mdauben chapter 12 . 5/3/2011
I really enjoyed this chapter. The introduction of the twins to Padfoot, Harry's first "Weasley Christmas" and the suprise broom flight. All great fun. Can't wait for more!
Hahukum Konn chapter 12 . 5/1/2011
Woot! :D I like how fast things are moving now. :D
boonerunner chapter 12 . 5/1/2011
Great chapter. I love how the Weasleys are just so trusting of everything (Sirius, time travel, the brooms). I also liked how you destroyed the Room of Requirement and limited the effectiveness of the Malfoy Maurauder's Map so that things aren't TOO easy on our heroes.
ReadingRed chapter 12 . 5/1/2011
pretty darn good chapter. cant wait to read more
Herenes chapter 12 . 5/1/2011
Good chapter and good work on the Brit Pick front too :)

It makes such a difference to have someone make the effort. Two bits of local colour; goofy grin and cookies AKA silly grin and biscuits.

I look forward to more.