Reviews for From the Flame to the Spark
MariSkep chapter 2 . 9/7/2013
Now that is just made of D'awwwwww.
MariSkep chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
Ginny has taken several levels in badass I see. I wonder how her (mostly) adult mindset will deal with Harry. He is, after all, a child (a very brave and talented child but still just a child) with none of the desires or maturity he had when the two hooked up. It may not bode well for her attraction to him if she's thrust into the role of mentor/mother training him to fight the way she knows he'll have to and having to give him the affection he's never had.

Or it may just make her all the more in love with him. Knowng her she won't hesitate to date other guys while she waits for Harry to develop the emotional maturity she wants in a husbands and that would be a joy to read.
appleheaven25 chapter 19 . 8/19/2013
Ahh, please update! :)
Guest chapter 19 . 8/10/2013
please update soon. this story is so original and i love it so much!
Katsuhito chapter 19 . 7/25/2013
Very neat story. I can't wait to see where else you take this. I'm not too sure about the inclusion of Riley and Raven yet, but you said you have a plan, so I'll wait for more on that front. Just make sure that plot line doesn't overshadow Ginny's (of which you've been doing a good job so far).
TrisakAminawn chapter 19 . 7/8/2013
Heh. Ginny's power level sometimes seems to fluctuate oddly, but for the most part it's very well balanced. Luna's situation is genuinely interesting, but the Raye thing...Raven...I was curious about him already, and pleased by his superhero conclusion, but RAVEN...heh, well. It's a shame he can't magic to the same degree and level of awesomeness he was doing before, though. Did the wizards fix the botched Obliviations on the parents and Charlie? Frig, if that's what the *professionals* pull off...I am completely behind Riley's logic, and stupefied by co-ed dorms.
Guest chapter 18 . 7/2/2013
Aaand you lost me.
kb0 chapter 12 . 6/29/2013
I see you have Ginny wrestling with the problem of telling Harry, afraid that by telling him about "them", that it would put pressure on him to do it too, effectively taking away his choice. That was something I did in my story too; again, it's a logical thing to do. Your story is very different from mine, which makes it a fun read for me. The thing with Riley is weird, but I'll trust you and see what you do with him. :)

Thanks for sharing,
Kevin
kb0 chapter 4 . 6/29/2013
Yes, there's all kinds of mistakes to be made and it's hard to tell until afterward, much like interpreting prophecies. :) I see you had Ginny rescue Sirius too. It is the logical thing to do.

Kevin
Zealot of Reading chapter 19 . 6/22/2013
Nice story hope to see more updates soon!
linkhyrule5 chapter 19 . 6/19/2013
So, overall...

I have to say, this /would/ be an excellent story, if it weren't for the random crossover. Excellent thought put into the mechanics, the world fits together well, there's a good balance of actual progress being made and reasonable setbacks... but I've also gotten in the habit of skipping sentence with the word "Riley" in it, and have yet to miss anything important, from what I can tell.
linkhyrule5 chapter 6 . 6/19/2013
Shame about the Resurrection Stone...

Also, I got the impression that it wasn't /force/ that did the trick, but the magic - FiendFyre being powerful dark magic, and Basilisk venom being the most corrosive stuff in existence.
linkhyrule5 chapter 4 . 6/19/2013
On a side note, Sirius is taking the whole "we need to kill people" thing a little too well, I think. I mean, /I'm/ getting creeped out and I don't have to hear it in Ginny's ten-year-old-girl voice.
Matilda chapter 19 . 6/6/2013
I am really enjoying this fic- the fast pace is great, and I like the random-seeming changes caused by the time travel, like Luna's being able to see both timelines, and the Riley story. My only quibbles are that Ginny's powers seem way too advanced for only being 17 when she 'went back'. I can buy Apparition and the Patronuses, but overall she comes across as more of a Harry/ Hermione hybrid than really Ginny- way too powerful and knowledgeable. Also, I know it's in keeping with any romantic-type fic like this, but she's going through puberty too early... in canon Ginny is portrayed as small, and athletic; not likely to get her period and start developing at 11.
Azjerban chapter 19 . 6/6/2013
Brilliant!
You've set my mind a-teeming with wild postulations on what the future of Determinator Ginny will hold.
I'm also very interested in the incipient fates of Luna, Bellatrix, Riley, Raven, and Gilderoy Lockhart.
Will Riley have enough magic to be a wizard? Will he eventually learn his old force push/pull abilities? Will he fail at all the spells and get kicked out?
Will Raven go completely insane? Will she become a superhero teacher, giving young graduates of magical schools worldwide a crash course in awesomeness? Will she learn how to bestow fragments of magical power on children, so that they'll mature into Wizards and Superheroes?
Will Bellatrix do more insane things that work perfectly? Will she find Voldie? Will she become the new Big Bad? Is there a wookie involved?
Can Luna see what Luna Prime is doing? Is it bad that I am now imagining Luna as the leader of the Autobots? Does anyone know where fanart of Luna as an Autobot might be found? Are Nargles real?
Did Gilderoy get kidnapped? Killed? Bribed? Did he see a chance to do something heroic, wipe Bellatrix' memory, and train her up as his peppy middle-aged sidekick? Is the enemy's gate down? Why does a duck?
These questions and more might never be answered next time, on 'From the Flame to the Spark' !

Love it. I'm still geeking out over here.
294 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »