Reviews for I am walking
dandelion chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
I just stumbled over your stories and I like this one very much. I think you got the characters very well.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
very good!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
A great story. Very well written.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
He had taken a servant when he could have earned a friend.

-But the last friend Albus ever had was Gellert Grindelwald; everyone else in his life was/is a servant.

He doesn't know how to be a friend, either. Only a master.

Very well done.
Anna Marcelli Palmer chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Well, to be frank, I wasn't expecting this.

This story is so well written, I would easily mistake it for the work of a proffessional writer. And I am not exaggerating; I have been reviewing for two years now, and I may not know much on this fandom, but this story actually managed to attract my attention, despite it being long.

First off, the emotions were incredibly realistic. You avoided overloading it, and didn't use cliche phrases/scenes in order to underline what you were about to say-kudos for that. The characters were depicted so realistically and wholesomely that I actually sighed when I read this phrase that stole my little heart: "Once more, he felt overwhelmingly alone"

Secondly, you manage to keep a perfect cohesion of the content. You are describing a phenomenically simple event, emotionally charged and pretty lengthy as a text, and despite all of the above, your writing is stylish, and beautifully balanced between complicity and simplicity.

And I LOVED the simple way in which you ended it. Reminded me of the artistic and stylish "nonchalance" of great writers of the past. Dunno how to describe it.

~Stay Creative,

Depy
misundersnape chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Beautiully written - a very intriguing look at what might have consituted the relationship and workings between Albus and Severus.

Albus is very clever, and it does stand to reason that though he could, and probably should, have made some very different decisons regarding those poor souls caught up in the 'war' and doing 'the greater good', we must accept that he made them for a purpose - with the bigger picture in mind - and to a specific end. He worked with what he had and I accept that often he was forced to put not only other people's lives and security aside, he also sacrificed a great deal of happiness for himself.

Great job!

Sorry not to get to this earlier, I think the alert for it might have come out when I had computer troubles and I missed it. Luckily I spotted it on one of my 'alerter's' favourite lists and I quickly clicked to have a read.

Loved it - I always love your work. Thanks for sharing this.

misundersnape...
abbyli chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
This is so good.
Dormantness chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Thank you for writing this fabulous story. You represented well the wars between Albus's feelings, buried compassion and his cold calculated logic for the purpose of acheiving the "greater good". I think this is exactly how he was in canon; a very torned man. I also especially liked this bit"gained a servant when he could have earned a friend"-So true! Well, although he chose the manipulative road, I'm glad that he at least felt horrible about it instead of remaining detached and uncaring. Wonderful story, I'm definitly putting this on my favorites. Write more stories of the kind:)
ippogrifo chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Absolute wonderful!

For me it’s the definitive story about what happened between Snape and Dumbledore after the death of the Potters and from now on, I believe it will impossible to read a better scene of this moment.

Dumbledore’s point of view is captivating, wonderfully written and insightful: you have been really good in portraying his complex personality and his manipulative mind.

Most of all, I have enjoyed the moment in which Dumbledore realises that in spite of all, Snape is still like a child with fears and needs of comforts. And yet in the space of some minutes, with his harsh words and treatment, he makes Severus lose his last illusions to become the bitter and cold adult that we have known from the books.

Your psychological analysis of the characters is so convincing that I arrived at the end of the tale with a deep sense of satisfaction and gratitude.

Lots of compliments and many thanks for this excellent story.
Lady Tsuru27 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
I think you hit the nail on the head with this fic! This is one of the most heart-wrenching, touching, and true-to-cannon representation of Dumbledore's and Snape's relationship! You portray Dumbledore very well; he is always plotting, even when he feels it is for the better. He is manipulative, yet compassionate. I can see why he feels so torn between those two sides of himself. There are many, many fanfics out there dealing with this subject, but yours is one of the best I've ever read.
saiyanwizard chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Wow! This delved deep into Albus and Severus' relationship, which is so important to the series. I like the idea of Dumbledore having two choices: "He had taken a servant when he could have earned a friend." Even though he fully intended on making Snape his servant in the beginning, he wavered and offered him comfort instead. It would be interesting to see what would have happened had the headmaster chosen to earn Severus' friendship. So if you ever have time to write something along those lines...

Thanks for sharing!
tearsofphoenix chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
I'm glad you decided to publish this story, I've liked it since the first draft you sent to me :)

There is a perfect balance between Dumbledore's different feelings, they come and go, and they change exactly like the pace during a walk in which, not just metaphorically, we are determined, tired, unsure of the direction...

Liking or disliking this character one can't deny that he has had a deep impact in everyone's life, especially in Snape's and Harry's, but not just there, and in a fashion he, too, was misterious since the beginning, to the reader.

So your fan fiction explores these possibilities, thoughts, and they flow through your narrative perfectly, almost magically, I'd say.

Severus, in all this, is the honest man, the sincere one, and I think that everyone would hug him, even a heart of stone, here, so it isn't impossible that even Albus for a moment could be ovewhelmed by the deep presence of such *real* man.
PotionPolice chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Lovely. This is just the story I was looking for! Very well done. I truly enjoy your work. Keep writing!
Dipi chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
you are right. i think we all use these tactics one way or another.

this was a nice story and thoh, i also felt that this was bashing dumbledore, i realised that at some times, he might have to be like this - cool and logical and manipulative.
Mother of Tears chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Very well done portrayal of a manipulative Dumbledore. Brrrr!