Reviews for End of a Journey
Isangtao chapter 16 . 6/3/2014
That was beautiful. *sniff*
littlematchgirl chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
I can tell you care about the characters by the way you write them because they are believable. The fight scenes are realistic in terms of the character's abilities. I was very impressed! It's a shame you don't have as many reviews! I have added this to my favs!

It was interesting to see you giving thanks and praising those who have helped you along your path to becoming a fantastic writer. You are a talented author especially when it comes to Street Fighter Fanfiction. I hope you continue with your writing as well as your fandom!

I will check out the hero of heroes story you mentioned!
aerimel chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
say... THIS IS THE BEST FANFIC OF RYU AND CHUN LI I EVER READ! yeh! all about this story was great , realistic and equally amount based on anime! I hope this story will become an anime and im gonna watch it all over... well maybe a manga too! im so proud to shout it all over the world please... MAKE AN ANIME SEQUEL ABOUT IT!
somestrongman chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Just a technical reminder.
Kata is a term used in Karate. In Chinese martial arts, the equivalent term is form.
miknge chapter 17 . 7/6/2013
Ok, this is by far the BEST Ryu/Chun-Li Street Fighter fic I've ever read and nothing has topped this yet. The pacing, storytelling, development and characterization are top notch. The best part of all is that you didn't turn Chun-Li into this damsel in distress and she is a heroine in her own right as well. Major kudos to you for successfully doing that!

You made both characters matured, believable and stay true to their original characteristics in the video game. Many writers failed to do that because they either made Chun-Li too immatured and a teenager who is lovestruck by Ryu, or Ryu being dumbed down to a simpleton. You strike a balance in the characters!

Reading this fic, it feels like I'm falling in love for the first time all over again. It feels like a first love, especially the scene in the park. And the fighting scenes kept me on the edge of my seat! Gosh, I wish that this fic would turn into an anime or a manga because I'd sure watch it!

11/10!
KimiruMai chapter 17 . 7/3/2013
This story kept me up till 2 in the morning, and it was totally worth it. This story was utterly fantastic, and Im doubly pleased since it was my first time reading a Street Fighter fanfic. The fight scenes were absolutely stunning, my friend, and didnt take away from the romantic aspect at all. I hope you keep writing for a good, long time, because you obviously have a gift for it. This is definitely going into my favorites and it'll stay there until I die.
Anonymous chapter 17 . 6/27/2013
This story was just GREAT! I almost cried at the airport scene! The final battles were really incredible, easy to understand. Bison's fight with Chun Li really got me on the edge on my seat. You really wrote the characters out well and brought out their unique characteristics. Love the comedy element in Dan. *Gen defeated by Dan*, nice! This was one of the best fanfiction I've ever read... Keep up the good work!
Kein Sylvan chapter 17 . 5/21/2013
The final battles were epic. Ryu vs Akuma was innevitable. The dialogues and action mantained me reading and imaginating every aspect of the battle. How Akuma used technique by technique and Ryu overcoming all. That lasst ShinShoryuken was full of epicness and emotion, overall by Chun Li arriving at the Final moment.

And the Chun Li vs Bison, was perfect. Finally the evil lord appeared and as the supreme villian of the SF series, makes and entrance killing Akuma OoO! Bison gives a hard time to both heroes, but in the end Chun Li prevailed and I was like 'you can do it, Chun li!'. Man, even if Ryu fought badasses like Sagat or Akuma, damn, Chun Li also got hard time with her rival (Juri, Vega, Bison) but I coulnd't ask for another way of the outcome of those battles.

The ending was nice. The pairing finally can 'go home and be a family... Fighters? :p'. But... What the hell? Why alex didn't help the duo when Bison began to kick their butts? XD well it doesn't matter, too good that Chun Li took the credit of the fina battle.

I know you finish this story, but don't you think you need and extra epilogue? A extra chapter where friends and rivals congratulate the new couple? Oh well, maybe it's unnecesary. The good part was already told. Congrats by, without doubt, the best Ryu/Chun Li fanfiction ever wrote. Really 10/10. ;o;
Kein Sylvan chapter 14 . 5/21/2013
Now the lasts battles. Vega is like we always imagine. Evil and sadist. His battle against Chun Li is one of the best, even if he was just toying with her (and paid high for it) he showed his bloodlust nature. The best part was when by just tasting Chun Li blood he knew she was in love (or maybe he already knew and was acting... Who knows). Maybe he is not as powerful as Bison, or to an extent as a Feng Shui Juri, but he gained his place as Chun Li nemesis and this story exploits why.

By the other part, the battle with Alex was not as good or epic like the others, but man, gotta love Alex. He keeps up well the battle with Ryu. Very entertaining, and good you used him in this story.
Kein Sylvan chapter 12 . 5/20/2013
Well, the Chap 11 was very depressing... TOO GOOD YOU USED DAN! Well, it was a good idea to compensate the sad mood. Man, if I were Ryu, I would turned back at the airport, but oh well.

Actually, I choose this chapter (12) to review because, at least for me, was THE BEST CHAPTER EVER! The fight against Sagat was so epic and full of action. Even if the rivalry cooled down with the years, both warriors fought with all their might. Sagat was well described, his actions or dialogues. Never felt that 'this was another kind of Sagat'. He's now a good guy, but still a fearsome warrior and this story confirms it. Man, simple words can't express the emotion I felt reading this.

The epic quote: "if you treat me as nothing more than a preliminary bout… then you shall pay for your insolence with your life!"

The best quote: "Ryu, you have fulfilled your promise to me wonderfully, and now my scar is weeping in joy!"

Man, 'tears of joy' from my eyes began to weep after reading this ;O;

Great, great chapter.
Kein Sylvan chapter 10 . 5/20/2013
Good story. The truth is that I've already read the full story, but I consider that instead of fillling you with each chapter review, I'm going to resume my opinion from chapter 1-10.

First of all, GREAT FANFICTION EVER! This story is so epic that Udon comics should use your story for a special Ryu/Chun Li story.

My first impression reading the first 2 chapters were that this was made by a very well informed fan. Never thought to read a fanfic where someone write too deeply about Remy and how it could go when he met Ryu. Even Remy let go his past in his ending, this side story helps a bit in background it a little more. The fight was very wise told and entertaing. Is just like a Ryu vs Remy shoud be.

The next part was the thrilling Chun Li vs Juri. Man, what a great battle. Chun Li got a bad time but made it till the end. It woluld be interesting in future SF watch Juri work for the Iluminaties dudes.

The visits from Ken and Sakura were very supportives to the story. Like every word of it, and how you manage to write the scene so casual, natural, and without changing the character traits the minimun possible.

The part of the robbery was also very well done. How you used another situation to make the couple know better, but for most, the death of Gen was also a very good part (I can imagiine Gen winning Perfect against Dan when suddenly 'heart attack!' KO, Dan the man Hibiki wins! ). Even Chun Li disapproved the old geezer way of life, she still cared for him till the last moment.

Also, the part of Yang encouraging Ryu, or Guile encouraging Chun Li ( Go home and be a family... Woman? XD) were very well done. Finally my favorite parts so far:

The Chun Li/Ryu moments in the park (the 'battle' and the 'almost kiss' scene), or in Chun's house declaring their love, were precious. Too good to express myself in words.

The other, the departure part. I was like 'hell no Ryu! Don't leave her!'. Man, that was hard but very touching. I felt also a sense of anger/sadness readiing that. But well, too good Chun Li is also a fighter, so she could understand Ryu's motive to leave her to battle Akuma.
CRuck chapter 17 . 4/1/2013
spectacular story! compelling battles, great characters, awesome love story and all without it feeling forced. great piece of literature, some of the best I've read
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
A pity the canon Ryu is actually too dense and absorbed in martial arts to make things happen like this... Ryu-Chun Li is a favorite pairing of mine.
Weegee chapter 13 . 8/22/2012
"Vega pulled his trademark mask and claw from his hips and attached them to his face and hand" so he attached the clow to his face and the mask to his hand :D just kidding
kingvampire00 chapter 17 . 3/22/2012
I,ve only been here for about two years, but when i say i have read alot. I mean it, but i have to say this. This fic is the best i have read, and will alway's be the best in my book.