Reviews for Like Midnight
lauhall chapter 20 . 7/14
Loved it, just couldn't stop reading. You did an amazing job, congrats.
nolesome chapter 6 . 5/7
I've just binge-read 6 chapters, and I'm sorry for not reviewing sooner but I'm completely sucked in to the point that I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow thanks to reading when I should be sleeping. Also; love that you used the word "insouciance" - it's such a fun word to say and drastically under appreciated.
CharacterDriven chapter 1 . 3/9
Here, have some crack: I can already tell this is gonna be cool.
The-KLF chapter 20 . 1/30
I really wish this had happened in canon. I mean, Badass Beckett in S3? That didn't happen hardly, but this was so good! And it felt really real too!

I was sure I'd read this before, but I think maybe when I first started reading fic I wasn't so great at reviewing. That has changed now!
I don't remember if I told you how very very much I loved this story and your writing! In spite of/because of the hell you put Beckett through and pull her out of, or should I say, she pulls herself out of and I love, love, love it! Please write real world novels that I can pay you for and read forever
Dominic Flandry chapter 14 . 1/8
I think your story is based on the show Beckett, not Castle.
Guest chapter 20 . 6/25/2015
The ending kind of felt unfinished
Guest chapter 14 . 6/25/2015
Less talk from you at the end of every chapter and more story would be better
Guest chapter 13 . 6/25/2015
You don't have to say your sorry every damn chapter
Guest chapter 5 . 6/24/2015
I'm sorry but Espo was in the wrong in this chapter and kind of crossed the line
ColieMacKenzie chapter 20 . 4/22/2015
I've read this whole story for the first time last night, curled up in bed under the covers like a burrito, and I dove in and didn't come out until the word 'end' even though I should've slept and was already rather severely sleep-deprived. I did know about this story but I never before sought it out because I've heard it's rather angsty/brutal and I'm a total chicken so I need to be ready for such things. Anyway blah blah blah long intro to say - this is truly fabulous. I loved it start to finish and I'll surely reread it some day. I think you have a great talent for storytelling, concise in your scenes with just the right balance of detail to make it come alive without bogging it down. If you wrote non-fanfic fiction I'd buy your books in a heartbeat, no question. The kidnapping scenes and all that Kate had to go through really hurt my heart but I love how she fought him to the last second - I was particularly fond of the scene when she freed herself after remembering her conversation with Castle about Nikki, and how it was his trust and unwavering belief in her abilities that propelled her not to give up. And I really like how her being found wasn't the end but that you took the time to tell the rest of the story, the subsequent trauma that she had to fight through, and all the ways she had to heal, physically and emotionally. And how Castle was there for her through every step, but also seeing how he struggled, how hard it was for him to keep his head above water, was really well done. And it's interesting to read this now, after we've seen the conclusion to the 3xk arc, and knowing he (or he and Neiman such as it is) really did go after Kate, and kidnap her. Anyway, great story, great read I could lose myself in. Thank you for writing.
Guest chapter 20 . 2/19/2015
Not a bad story I guess, even though your version of Beckett was kind of a bitch.
Guest chapter 18 . 2/19/2015
Can she ever just shut the hell up and let him care for her?
Guest chapter 15 . 2/19/2015
I'm not sure if Beckett's extreme hotness is enough to make up for all the baggage that comes with it.
Guest chapter 14 . 2/19/2015
Can't Beckett ever just accept the help? Does everything have to be on her terms?