Reviews for Like Midnight
ColieMacKenzie chapter 20 . 4/22
I've read this whole story for the first time last night, curled up in bed under the covers like a burrito, and I dove in and didn't come out until the word 'end' even though I should've slept and was already rather severely sleep-deprived. I did know about this story but I never before sought it out because I've heard it's rather angsty/brutal and I'm a total chicken so I need to be ready for such things. Anyway blah blah blah long intro to say - this is truly fabulous. I loved it start to finish and I'll surely reread it some day. I think you have a great talent for storytelling, concise in your scenes with just the right balance of detail to make it come alive without bogging it down. If you wrote non-fanfic fiction I'd buy your books in a heartbeat, no question. The kidnapping scenes and all that Kate had to go through really hurt my heart but I love how she fought him to the last second - I was particularly fond of the scene when she freed herself after remembering her conversation with Castle about Nikki, and how it was his trust and unwavering belief in her abilities that propelled her not to give up. And I really like how her being found wasn't the end but that you took the time to tell the rest of the story, the subsequent trauma that she had to fight through, and all the ways she had to heal, physically and emotionally. And how Castle was there for her through every step, but also seeing how he struggled, how hard it was for him to keep his head above water, was really well done. And it's interesting to read this now, after we've seen the conclusion to the 3xk arc, and knowing he (or he and Neiman such as it is) really did go after Kate, and kidnap her. Anyway, great story, great read I could lose myself in. Thank you for writing.
Not a bad story I guess, even though your version of Beckett was kind of a bitch.
Can she ever just shut the hell up and let him care for her?
I'm not sure if Beckett's extreme hotness is enough to make up for all the baggage that comes with it.
Can't Beckett ever just accept the help? Does everything have to be on her terms?
Enough with the damn cliffhangers!
Does Beckett ever do what she says she's going to do or does she just lie all the time to get what she wants
MollysSister chapter 20 . 1/22
That was an awesome place to end the story. Right where I wanted them to wander happily off into the sunset. You leave me wanting more moremoremore. I am going to go see if you really did write a sequel.

Also I almost forgot to tell you I really enjoy how you do Ryan and Esposito. Competent and in command. Yummy.
MollysSister chapter 12 . 1/22
omg omg OMG I am so relieved I am not reading this in real time as you were posting it. I don't think I could have withstood the pressure of suspense! This is killing me! No pun intended. Wait that's sick.
MollysSister chapter 3 . 1/21
okay then, that explains a few things. Im only in season 2 of watching Castle. Perhaps if I were caught up I would have recognized the name Tyson? Or is he your OC?
MollysSister chapter 2 . 1/21
OMG this is terrifying! Why is this crazy person trying to upset Castle? I am biting my nails here!
Dragonfishpie chapter 11 . 10/12/2014
I recently saw the rerun of the Disciple episode, and I can't help but wonder if the writers pick up ideas from fanfiction...the lookalike murders, and even the comment that Tyson needs to get a girlfriend! Hmm.

So glad Alex (Castle Fanfics tumblr) pointed me here. I'm loving the case! And the author notes, too.
Guest chapter 17 . 7/25/2014
Ha! Another adorable little mascot! Awesome!
Way too many exclamation points... sorry.
Still loving the fic as well, although I will reiterate that I am excessively happy that I am reading this after completion!
Guest chapter 16 . 7/25/2014
Glad that Elfie prodded you about posting those chapters. Also, I'm glad that the picture was still there. Your author's notes are seriously hilarious :)
dphillips76 chapter 7 . 7/24/2014
You're right, definitely NOT a nice way to end a chapter! Good thing I'm reading long after this has been completed and I don't have to wait for the next chapter, or I might be threatening bodily harm!