Reviews for Like Midnight
Muscovy chapter 20 . 11/8
Great story, love badass Beckett
Kate chapter 20 . 7/31
I liked the part where Beckett allowed Castle to help with the hair dye.
Kate chapter 17 . 7/31
I like this story so far. It's awful that Beckett got kidnapped by Tyson. To the author: Don't respond to any negative reviews. It's understandable that Beckett will have nightmares about what happened with Tyson. Is Beckett going to dye her hair back to brown or just stay a blonde? At least Beckett fought back when Tyson broke into her apartment. I can't wait to see the looks on Alexis's, Jenny's, Jim's, Lanie's, Martha's, and Montgomery's faces when they see Beckett's hair color. Keep updating this story.
Kate chapter 16 . 7/31
I like this story so far. It's awful that Beckett was kidnapped by Tyson. To the author: Don't respond to any negative reviews. It's understandable if Beckett has nightmares about what happened. Is Beckett going to dye her hair back to brown or just leave it blonde? At l
Castle needs to grow a pair and stop letting Beckett dictate the terms for everything.
Bearmauls chapter 20 . 1/14
That was lovely.

Great plotting, I liked the crime story. I think you nailed the characters, even your bit players like the guard cops. This was just a great ride start to finish :)
philliesfan1000 chapter 20 . 12/30/2016
This was great! I liked that it sounded like Castle and Beckett: the banter to lighten the mood when it became particularly intense, the fear he would have at her kidnapping, her internal battle between fierce independence and realizing that she craves Castle's comforting presence - even when he annoys her by hovering. I really felt his emotions pounding through the page as he felt sick with worry both before and after finding Beckett. I liked that you alternated their POV, too. And I liked that the kidnapping happened at the cusp of them beginning a relationship, after they kissed. It seemed to bring another level to it, like they both had an extra reason to get free of Tyson, and I was glad that the stress of it all did not break their fledgling relationship.

Really well-done. And the ending was good, too. Both processing their trauma, healing together, Castle letting Beckett move out, Beckett assuring him that she is not moving away from him - from them - and the normalcy further symbolized by her hair returning to brown. To make light of it, it was like "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair". Something they did together, wash away the taint of Tyson who tried to break them, tried to remake her. Having Castle dye it for her was powerfully tender.
FluffyFierce chapter 20 . 7/30/2016
Too late to this party but that was cracking ly good, and I think how I want to remember Beckett. Thank you!
lauhall chapter 20 . 7/14/2016
Loved it, just couldn't stop reading. You did an amazing job, congrats.
nolesome chapter 6 . 5/7/2016
I've just binge-read 6 chapters, and I'm sorry for not reviewing sooner but I'm completely sucked in to the point that I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow thanks to reading when I should be sleeping. Also; love that you used the word "insouciance" - it's such a fun word to say and drastically under appreciated.
CharacterDriven chapter 1 . 3/9/2016
Here, have some crack: I can already tell this is gonna be cool.
The-KLF chapter 20 . 1/30/2016
I really wish this had happened in canon. I mean, Badass Beckett in S3? That didn't happen hardly, but this was so good! And it felt really real too!

I was sure I'd read this before, but I think maybe when I first started reading fic I wasn't so great at reviewing. That has changed now!
Guest chapter 6 . 1/21/2016
I don't remember if I told you how very very much I loved this story and your writing! In spite of/because of the hell you put Beckett through and pull her out of, or should I say, she pulls herself out of and I love, love, love it! Please write real world novels that I can pay you for and read forever
Dominic Flandry chapter 14 . 1/8/2016
I think your story is based on the show Beckett, not Castle.
Guest chapter 20 . 6/25/2015
The ending kind of felt unfinished