Reviews for Like Midnight
Castle needs to grow a pair and stop letting Beckett dictate the terms for everything.
Bearmauls chapter 20 . 1/14
That was lovely.

Great plotting, I liked the crime story. I think you nailed the characters, even your bit players like the guard cops. This was just a great ride start to finish :)
philliesfan1000 chapter 20 . 12/30/2016
This was great! I liked that it sounded like Castle and Beckett: the banter to lighten the mood when it became particularly intense, the fear he would have at her kidnapping, her internal battle between fierce independence and realizing that she craves Castle's comforting presence - even when he annoys her by hovering. I really felt his emotions pounding through the page as he felt sick with worry both before and after finding Beckett. I liked that you alternated their POV, too. And I liked that the kidnapping happened at the cusp of them beginning a relationship, after they kissed. It seemed to bring another level to it, like they both had an extra reason to get free of Tyson, and I was glad that the stress of it all did not break their fledgling relationship.

Really well-done. And the ending was good, too. Both processing their trauma, healing together, Castle letting Beckett move out, Beckett assuring him that she is not moving away from him - from them - and the normalcy further symbolized by her hair returning to brown. To make light of it, it was like "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair". Something they did together, wash away the taint of Tyson who tried to break them, tried to remake her. Having Castle dye it for her was powerfully tender.
FluffyFierce chapter 20 . 7/30/2016
Too late to this party but that was cracking ly good, and I think how I want to remember Beckett. Thank you!
lauhall chapter 20 . 7/14/2016
Loved it, just couldn't stop reading. You did an amazing job, congrats.
nolesome chapter 6 . 5/7/2016
I've just binge-read 6 chapters, and I'm sorry for not reviewing sooner but I'm completely sucked in to the point that I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow thanks to reading when I should be sleeping. Also; love that you used the word "insouciance" - it's such a fun word to say and drastically under appreciated.
CharacterDriven chapter 1 . 3/9/2016
Here, have some crack: I can already tell this is gonna be cool.
The-KLF chapter 20 . 1/30/2016
I really wish this had happened in canon. I mean, Badass Beckett in S3? That didn't happen hardly, but this was so good! And it felt really real too!

I was sure I'd read this before, but I think maybe when I first started reading fic I wasn't so great at reviewing. That has changed now!
Guest chapter 6 . 1/21/2016
I don't remember if I told you how very very much I loved this story and your writing! In spite of/because of the hell you put Beckett through and pull her out of, or should I say, she pulls herself out of and I love, love, love it! Please write real world novels that I can pay you for and read forever
Dominic Flandry chapter 14 . 1/8/2016
I think your story is based on the show Beckett, not Castle.
Guest chapter 20 . 6/25/2015
The ending kind of felt unfinished
Guest chapter 14 . 6/25/2015
Less talk from you at the end of every chapter and more story would be better
Guest chapter 13 . 6/25/2015
You don't have to say your sorry every damn chapter
Guest chapter 5 . 6/24/2015
I'm sorry but Espo was in the wrong in this chapter and kind of crossed the line
ColieMacKenzie chapter 20 . 4/22/2015
I've read this whole story for the first time last night, curled up in bed under the covers like a burrito, and I dove in and didn't come out until the word 'end' even though I should've slept and was already rather severely sleep-deprived. I did know about this story but I never before sought it out because I've heard it's rather angsty/brutal and I'm a total chicken so I need to be ready for such things. Anyway blah blah blah long intro to say - this is truly fabulous. I loved it start to finish and I'll surely reread it some day. I think you have a great talent for storytelling, concise in your scenes with just the right balance of detail to make it come alive without bogging it down. If you wrote non-fanfic fiction I'd buy your books in a heartbeat, no question. The kidnapping scenes and all that Kate had to go through really hurt my heart but I love how she fought him to the last second - I was particularly fond of the scene when she freed herself after remembering her conversation with Castle about Nikki, and how it was his trust and unwavering belief in her abilities that propelled her not to give up. And I really like how her being found wasn't the end but that you took the time to tell the rest of the story, the subsequent trauma that she had to fight through, and all the ways she had to heal, physically and emotionally. And how Castle was there for her through every step, but also seeing how he struggled, how hard it was for him to keep his head above water, was really well done. And it's interesting to read this now, after we've seen the conclusion to the 3xk arc, and knowing he (or he and Neiman such as it is) really did go after Kate, and kidnap her. Anyway, great story, great read I could lose myself in. Thank you for writing.